Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Well for a novice like me it seems to be working great! I hope I dont have to worry about having to uninstall it. I like it just fine the way it is right now....unless you guys come out with an improvement on it yet again. What else should I look out for or be concerned about?
    unix thanks for posting the fix. I just doctored my Pre because I thought it was something I did. I was having those errors whenever I tried to uninstall. I will do it again when you post an updated kernel. Thanks for the bleeding edge speed.
  3.    #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    unix thanks for posting the fix. I just doctored my Pre because I thought it was something I did. I was having those errors whenever I tried to uninstall. I will do it again when you post an updated kernel. Thanks for the bleeding edge speed.
    for some reason the backup on some Pre's are being deleted. not sure why but the fix at least puts it back so you can uninstall.

Also just upgrading without uninstalling will work too. But that isnt recommended if you go to UberKernel or back.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Download: http://unixpsycho.com/fixinstall.sh

send this file to /var/home/root/ using WOSQI

use WOSQI Linux command line to run: sh /var/home/root/fixinstall.sh

hopefully you wont get any errors. dont reboot, try to run kernel package uninstall from WOSQI or Preware.

let me know how it works. i'll update 1st post.
    @ Unix: Thanks a lot Unix... I followed your instructions to the "t" and when i tried to uninstall it gave the same error as before with WOSQI and Preware, but thankfully it allowed me to successfully instal the stock palm kernel from the recovery feed on Preware and return the phone to the stock kernel... the funny thing is that I still see the 800Mhz Custom Kernel on WOSQI and Preware... and I can't uninstall it either way...

Running "cat /proc/cpuinfo" tells me I'm running a stock speeds with the LCD on, so I guess the phone is running the stock kernel..

Thank You for your help! I guess I might have to Dr the Pre after all...

...and then I'll be good and ready to try more alpha, beta, experimental, bleeding stuff you can throw our way...
    I was going to uninstall the dev version to move to uberkernel. I read this post before trying to uninstall so I haven't seen any error messages.

I followed your instructions and was able to remove the kernel successfully with no hiccups. Thanks for your hard work!
    Quote Originally Posted by tercero12 View Post
    I was going to uninstall the dev version to move to uberkernel. I read this post before trying to uninstall so I haven't seen any error messages.

I followed your instructions and was able to remove the kernel successfully with no hiccups. Thanks for your hard work!
    Scratch that, while I got the stock kernel back. Something went awry. I tried to install uberkernel and it failed because it detected a modified kernel. Perhaps the restored kernel in fixinstall.sh is not quite what uberkernel was expecting. In any case. Installing the restoration kernel cleaned things up and allowed me to install uber-kernel.
  7.    #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by tercero12 View Post
    Scratch that, while I got the stock kernel back. Something went awry. I tried to install uberkernel and it failed because it detected a modified kernel. Perhaps the restored kernel in fixinstall.sh is not quite what uberkernel was expecting. In any case. Installing the restoration kernel cleaned things up and allowed me to install uber-kernel.
    Yes, UberKernel wants an absolute pristine clean Pre before installing. The fixinstall.sh is just to help those having problems uninstalling the devel kernel.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Just checked this thread since installing the first version when it originally came out. Couple thoughts:
    1. It seems to let me keep more things open at the same time and run much smoother
    2. The camera seems to be acting up, freezing occasionally.

So, the download link has been removed for version 2. What's the solution for people, like me, that are on version 1? When does it come out in the Preware testing feed?
    hey marco,any update to 1.4.1.1 coming soon? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wicketr View Post
    Just checked this thread since installing the first version when it originally came out. Couple thoughts:
    1. It seems to let me keep more things open at the same time and run much smoother
    2. The camera seems to be acting up, freezing occasionally.

So, the download link has been removed for version 2. What's the solution for people, like me, that are on version 1? When does it come out in the Preware testing feed?
    pm me with ur email and i can send you the newest version
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    hey marco,any update to 1.4.1.1 coming soon? thanks
    it already works with 1.4.1.1, if that is what you are asking
    brennen7...Im in the same spot as wicketr. Well the version I have is 1.4.1....is that the latest? Ive been running it for about a week now and have had very few issues with it. But what if I need to uninstall to switch to uber or super kernel when it makes preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by dtichanski View Post
    brennen7...Im in the same spot as wicketr. Well the version I have is 1.4.1....is that the latest? Ive been running it for about a week now and have had very few issues with it. But what if I need to uninstall to switch to uber or super kernel when it makes preware?
    It's in uber kernel and you can access the screen state feature from the Govnah app. You can download both via Preware. Check out this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-new-post.html

Edit: Sorry, I may have spoke too soon if you are talking about a newer version of this kernel that has not yet made it into uber kernel. In any case, please do follow that thread if you're not already b/c unixpsycho did incorporate the screen state into uber kernel.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtichanski View Post
    I believe that is the latest kernel. If you want post the exact file name and i can compare it to the one i have.

As for uninstalling, you can uninstall thru WOSQI or you can install the stock palm kernel's in preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang View Post
    It's in uber kernel and you can access the screen state feature from the Govnah app. You can download both via Preware. Check out this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-new-post.html

Edit: Sorry, I may have spoke too soon if you are talking about a newer version of this kernel that has not yet made it into uber kernel. In any case, please do follow that thread if you're not already b/c unixpsycho did incorporate the screen state into uber kernel.
    Yeah, the screenstate part of the kernel made it in to uber kernel, but the compcache portion did not. So it really is dependent on what you wanted the kernel for...
    so I downloaded the uberkernal from preware then tried the screenstate setting in Govnah, for some reason my pre reverts to 500 mhz all the time... Does this happen to anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Igbinoba View Post
    so I downloaded the uberkernal from preware then tried the screenstate setting in Govnah, for some reason my pre reverts to 500 mhz all the time... Does this happen to anyone else?
    Your screen brightness may be too low. Try increasing it a bit. Also, if you are using Brightness Unlinked or the "Reduce Minimum Brightness" patch to bring your screen brightness too low, the overclocking might not be triggered and will stay at 800mhz.
  18.    #178  
    New Uber Kernel -16 should fix most CPU speed problems. i'm still working on a better fix that works better. just make sure the LCD brightness level isnt too low.

i am bringing back the compcache kernel package soon.
    Live free or DIE!
    Hey Marco,

I was just getting ready to change over from the SPK to the Uberkernel when i saw this. BUt I am confused. Can you help me out? What is compache? HOw is this different from the Uber Kernel?

Thanks.
    You can check out what compcache is here

The only thing that UberKernel and this kernel have in common as far as i know is the screenstate scaling. The uberkernel does not use compcache.
Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast