Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    You probably need to use the save as command to save it to your desktop or any other folder then drag and drop into weboqi.
    I noticed that I get the tmc error when trying to open Driver when accessed through universal search but not when using the launcher icon and navigating to its location. With this kernel installed the tmc error would popup while playing the game as well. I could replicate 100% of the time. I uninstalled and first tried uberkernel no tmc error while trying to open with universal search and no tmc while playing the game. I haven't tried any other kernels yet for this specific error just thought I would report here since it was in testing. I also noticed significant battery drain yesterday by 2:45 with no use on my part, phone was sitting on my desk all day due to monitoring in classes not sure if the poor signal was the culprit. These are a couple of the things I ran into. Upon uninstall I continually get the error I reported earlier.
    Last edited by mamouton; 04/30/2010 at 05:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I noticed that I get the tmc error when trying to open Driver when accessed through universal search but not when using the launcher icon and navigating to its location. With this kernel installed the tmc error would popup while playing the game as well. I could replicate 100% of the time. I uninstalled and first tried uberkernel no tmc error while trying to open with universal search and no tmc while playing the game. I haven't tried any other kernels yet for this specific error just thought I would report here since it was in testing. I also noticed significant battery drain yesterday by 2:45 with no use on my part, phone was sitting on my desk all day due to monitoring in classes not sure if the poor signal was the culprit. These are a couple of the things I ran into. Upon uninstall I continually get the error I reported earlier.
    I tried to open NFSU thru universal search and it worked without a hitch. although i do have your mem patches that you created from sbromwich's thread. Thanks btw, helps out alot!
    24 hrs, no hickups.
  5.    #145  
    Maybe what is needed is sbromwich's java patches to make compcache work better.

LCD scaling patches are on their way into mainline. I screwed something up during commit so it might take a day or so. compcache will need some more work.
    Live free or DIE!
    I can't uninstall it :-( .. I installed it 2 days ago and my phone has been great at times and slow and sluggish at times... I installed it via WebOS Quick Install but when I tried to uninstall it an error pops up and I can't remove the kernel.. any idea or suggestions? I really don't wanna doctor my phone unless it's absolutely the only way to fix the problem...
    thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Njtroncoso View Post
    I can't uninstall it :-( .. I installed it 2 days ago and my phone has been great at times and slow and sluggish at times... I installed it via WebOS Quick Install but when I tried to uninstall it an error pops up and I can't remove the kernel.. any idea or suggestions? I really don't wanna doctor my phone unless it's absolutely the only way to fix the problem...
    thanks.
    Just load up preware and install palm's stock kernel. Should work just fine.
    Sorry, to ask, but is the main purpose of this kernal to allow for better multitasking...or in some cases tasking!!on the original pre?This error is really starting to bug me!!!
    nfsu worked fine it was only the new driver game.
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    Just load up preware and install palm's stock kernel. Should work just fine.
    I tried that and it didn't work either... the stock kernel won't install... any other suggestions??
    And now, for some reason my phone got stock on headset mode and I can't get it out of that mode ...could it be related to the kernel problem??
    I tried that and it didn't work either... the stock kernel won't install... any other suggestions??
    And now, for some reason my phone got stock on headset mode and I can't get it out of that mode ...could it be related to the kernel problem??
    You want the Palm Kernel package, in the Recovery category. The descriptions of the various kernel packages in Preware give details about their intended usage.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    wow another messed up phone...it is devloper stuff just rememba that
    Quote Originally Posted by ujsc View Post
    wow another messed up phone...it is devloper stuff just rememba that
    Indeed. That's why the title of the thread says "(experimental)".

Are you intending to make purely inflammatory posts?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You want the Palm Kernel package, in the Recovery category. The descriptions of the various kernel packages in Preware give details about their intended usage.

-- Rod
    I tried that with no luck ... I keep getting the error on Preware and on WOSQI... the kernel just won't uninstall and the stock Palm kernel won't install...I'm at my wit's end... any repair utility or suggestion before I doctor my phone? I really don't wanna go that route but it's beginning to look like the only option left on my table
    If you have been using this kernel just for the LCD scaling feature, I've got good news - unixpsycho was able to extract out a patch just for that feature, and we've added it to the Uber-Kernel stable release!

See http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...rclocking.html for details.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Maybe what is needed is sbromwich's java patches to make compcache work better.

LCD scaling patches are on their way into mainline. I screwed something up during commit so it might take a day or so. compcache will need some more work.
    Unix, I need help... I have tried everything and I can't remove or uninstall the compcache custom kernel... I see it on WOSQI under Device management but it won't uninstall... I tried installing the Palm Stock Kernel form the recovery feed on Preware and WOSQI but it didn't work either... What are mi options at this point? WebOs Dr.? I'd hate to do that now
    Any help is appreciated.
  17.    #157  
    Unix, I need help... I have tried everything and I can't remove or uninstall the compcache custom kernel... I see it on WOSQI under Device management but it won't uninstall... I tried installing the Palm Stock Kernel form the recovery feed on Preware and WOSQI but it didn't work either... What are mi options at this point? WebOs Dr.? I'd hate to do that now
    Any help is appreciated.
    Download: http://unixpsycho.com/fixinstall.sh

send this file to /var/home/root/ using WOSQI

use WOSQI Linux command line to run: sh /var/home/root/fixinstall.sh

hopefully you wont get any errors. dont reboot, try to run kernel package uninstall from WOSQI or Preware.

let me know how it works. i'll update 1st post.
    Live free or DIE!
    hi, im using marco's 1.4.1.1 , any advantages of going to the new uber karnel rod mentioned 3 posts up?

also, by using this govenah, aint i just adding more overhead to the waking process rather then just be controlled by 1.4.1.1?
  19.    #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    hi, im using marco's 1.4.1.1 , any advantages of going to the new uber karnel rod mentioned 3 posts up?
    UberKernel is the stable version of all kernel hacking and available through Preware. It's not as fast as my bleeding experimental versions but stable for all.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    UberKernel is the stable version of all kernel hacking and available through Preware. It's not as fast as my bleeding experimental versions but stable for all.
    fast is what im looking for. im sticking with ur beta. hoping for updates soon. thanks so much for everything u do.
Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast