Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253
Results 1,041 to 1,045 of 1045
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    F102B in the testing feed will soon become F102A in the stable feed. You'll notice the references to RC4 etc in the description of F102B.
    Perfect thanks. I decided to give F102B a shot and I am not having any problems with it so far. However I did have one weird thing that I have not been able to determine the source of but I want to tinker more with it before I ask too much about it.

In order for me to know if I'm chasing shadows, what compcache is expected in the default profile for F102B? I recall seeing 20MB, and then after turning it off in another profile seeing choices for 16/32/48/etc like normal. Should 20MB have ever appeared?
  2.    #1042  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Perfect thanks. I decided to give F102B a shot and I am not having any problems with it so far. However I did have one weird thing that I have not been able to determine the source of but I want to tinker more with it before I ask too much about it.

In order for me to know if I'm chasing shadows, what compcache is expected in the default profile for F102B? I recall seeing 20MB, and then after turning it off in another profile seeing choices for 16/32/48/etc like normal. Should 20MB have ever appeared?
    All kernels for 2.1.0 have the default Palm compcache 10MB. In 1.4.5 it is selectable with a default of 20MB. Not sure if Govnah can change it yet.
    Live free or DIE!
    All kernels for 2.1.0 have the default Palm compcache 10MB. In 1.4.5 it is selectable with a default of 20MB. Not sure if Govnah can change it yet.
    Interesting. 20MB is no longer showing on my F102B (RC4) when I select the option to disable and then re-enable the compcache I have the following choices (in MB):

8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 24, 32, 48, 64, 128

This is while running Govnah 0.7.27.

Is there a way I can validate the amount actually enabled? Would you like me to uninstall and reinstall F102B and see if I can recreate this?
    F102B in the testing feed will soon become F102A in the stable feed. You'll notice the references to RC4 etc in the description of F102B.
    Hmmm. Not sure I like this. I've been playing w/F102B and I don't like it as much as F102A. If I set vdemand factor to Medium in B, I get better battery performance than in A (0.5% drain per hr vs 1% dph when sitting mostly idle with EVDO disabled). But I also get intermittant lagginess. If I set the vdemand factor to Low in B, I get rid of the lag, but then my battery is slighly worse than A (2% dph vs 1% dph).

These are pretty early results, so more testing is still required. I haven't tested turning on/off vdemand yet. Would doing that in F102B result in (effectively) the same kernel settings as F102A?
    Twitter: dullgeek
  5.    #1045  
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Hmmm. Not sure I like this. I've been playing w/F102B and I don't like it as much as F102A. If I set vdemand factor to Medium in B, I get better battery performance than in A (0.5% drain per hr vs 1% dph when sitting mostly idle with EVDO disabled). But I also get intermittant lagginess. If I set the vdemand factor to Low in B, I get rid of the lag, but then my battery is slighly worse than A (2% dph vs 1% dph).

These are pretty early results, so more testing is still required. I haven't tested turning on/off vdemand yet. Would doing that in F102B result in (effectively) the same kernel settings as F102A?
    hmm. i've heard the same people say that about Windows... it's time to move on. if you dont like change then you are welcomed to stay at the old version. things have to keep moving.

If you dont like vdemand then turn it off. You make statements that you dont like it but yet you didnt try turning it off, which is what the feature is there for.
    Live free or DIE!
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253