Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24247484950515253 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1045
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbunny View Post
    Hey Uni, I just installed the sr-71, when my phone was doing a luna reboot, it has froze. Only displaying the Palm logo, and that's it. It doesnt do anything else. I did a few battery pulls, and let it sit without a battery for awhile. And when i turn it on, it stats on the palm logo. I cant doctor it because my computer doesn't see it. What can I do to fix my phone?
    You have a phone with hardware that is not up to the task of SR71 1.2GHz overclocking. Not all phones are able to handle that, and yours is one of the weakling ones.

You need to doctor it. Visit the Palm forums or other threads on PreCentral for assistance in getting your computer to see your phone to doctor it (that's off-topic in this thread).

BTW, you shouldn't install experimental kernels unless you have verified that you can recover from it when things go wrong.

You may have some luck at getting it to boot if you plug it into the charger while booting, and cool it down. If you do succeed in getting it to boot this way, you should immediately install a less extreme kernel on it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I've been running the stable Delta Dagger kernel from Preware for over a month now on my Pre minus. I have not had one TMC error and am able to play PDK apps without restarting. It is as if my Pre is acting as it ought to have been since it was activated on 8/16/2009.

I may have missed a call once while watching a video, but that's okay, it's not like I wanted to answer a call at that time, and I got a notification of a missed call right after. Come to think of it, the kernel probably had nothing to do with that.

Take the plunge! The water is fine.

Thanks to unixpsycho and rwhitby, and the whole crew.

Donate to webos-internals.
    I installed the recent dagger kern last night on my spare pre and it wouldn't charge on the touchstone. Went back to stock and then uber and it cahrged fine again.
  4.    #1024  
    wouldnt charge? I just tested newest F102 and it charged on the Touchstone fine.
    Live free or DIE!
  5.    #1025  
    For those 800MHz users: The latest Delta Dagger kernel is updated with screenstate-v2 that incorporates vdemand.

Any feedback would help as F102A will end up in stable feeds.
    Live free or DIE!
    Is it normal for Govnah v0.7.13 to to display 'Unknown' for the profile?
    Quote Originally Posted by sethron View Post
    Is it normal for Govnah v0.7.13 to to display 'Unknown' for the profile?
    Govnah shows Unknown for the profile when the currently active kernel parameters do not match any of your profiles.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Got it. Saved current settings as a new profile, and that sticks.
    I am now running the experimental Delta Dagger F102A 1.4.5-156 kernel. I have a Touchstone in my car with a Palm power adapter and cable. I had Dr.Podder running and put it in pause, turned off my car to drop off my kid. When I came back my Pre was off, and had to battery pull. This one is kinda hard to reproduce.
  10.    #1030  
    I am now running the experimental Delta Dagger F102A 1.4.5-156 kernel. I have a Touchstone in my car with a Palm power adapter and cable. I had Dr.Podder running and put it in pause, turned off my car to drop off my kid. When I came back my Pre was off, and had to battery pull. This one is kinda hard to reproduce.
    If it happens again grab the klog.

Were any screenstate parameters changed?
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    If it happens again grab the klog.

Were any screenstate parameters changed?
    No screenstate parameters where changed. For now, I'm leaving the profile as Unknown.
  12.    #1032  
    No screenstate parameters where changed. For now, I'm leaving the profile as Unknown.
    Did this happen again?

If so, use Lumberjack and click Retrieve Log.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    F14 Tomcat on Pre 2 Unlocked.

Installed through Preware on virgin stock kernel. Rebooted. Went through boot loops. Lots of them. I stopped counting at 8.

Not knowing how to recover, I just WebOS doctored it.

Wish I could give you more feedback, but could not get past the boot loop.
    Quote Originally Posted by sd_matto View Post
    F14 Tomcat on Pre 2 Unlocked.

Installed through Preware on virgin stock kernel. Rebooted. Went through boot loops. Lots of them. I stopped counting at 8.

Not knowing how to recover, I just WebOS doctored it.

Wish I could give you more feedback, but could not get past the boot loop.
    This is not the correct thread for F14.

-- Rod
    Psycho,

I've been looking through your kernel .config/patch file(s) (just for education) and I am wondering why you don't enable BSD compression / deflate with the ppp interface. Is it something that is pointless with this type of ppp interface? Would it help any (even if just for testing)?

M.
  16.    #1036  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Psycho,

I've been looking through your kernel .config/patch file(s) (just for education) and I am wondering why you don't enable BSD compression / deflate with the ppp interface. Is it something that is pointless with this type of ppp interface? Would it help any (even if just for testing)?

M.
    I was thinking about that... not sure why Palm has it disabled. It would be a carrier thing anyway, if the other end supports extra ppp options.

I can push out a build if you want to play with it?
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    I was thinking about that... not sure why Palm has it disabled. It would be a carrier thing anyway, if the other end supports extra ppp options.

I can push out a build if you want to play with it?

'Tis your call, of course, and I'm honestly not sure how I can test it outside of a "feels" thing. I don't know if the online speed tests would rgister any different or not, but I guess there's only one way to find out!

I'm on Sprint with a Pre Minus.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    'Tis your call, of course, and I'm honestly not sure how I can test it outside of a "feels" thing. I don't know if the online speed tests would rgister any different or not, but I guess there's only one way to find out!

I'm on Sprint with a Pre Minus.

M.

I've been playing with the /etc/ppp/options (and options-cdma) files.

I enabled "debug" on everything wan.* (##logs#). I added in the "bsdcomp" and "deflate" pppd options in hopes of seeing it even try to negotiate some form of compression. So far:

With ONLY "deflate 9,9":
    Code:
    pppd[1595]: sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 <compress VJ 0f 01> <addr 0.0.0.0> <ms-dns1 0.0.0.0> <ms-dns3 0.0.0.0>]
    pppd[1595]: rcvd [IPCP ConfRej id=0x1 <compress VJ 0f 01>]
    With ONLY "bsdcomp 9,9":
    Code:
    pppd[1612]: sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 <compress VJ 0f 01> <addr 0.0.0.0> <ms-dns1 0.0.0.0> <ms-dns3 0.0.0.0>]
    pppd[1612]: rcvd [IPCP ConfRej id=0x1 <compress VJ 0f 01>]
    So I forced pppd to send out the request for deflate and it looks like Sprint rejected the requests (ConfRej == Configuration Rejection, I assume?), but that could be because deflate isn't enabled in this kernel.

#-~-~-~-
    # EDIT
    #

I can also only assume that because Sprint is gracefully rejecting it, their server(s) at least know about the various compression options. It stands to reason that if they didn't understand an option being thrown at it, it would totally drop the connection. That's just speculation, though.
    #-~-~-~-

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 02/01/2011 at 02:44 PM.
    What screenstate gov is in the F102A that is inside Preware in the stable feeds? The impression I had was that this was using v1. However, the UnixPsycho Wiki (Application:PsychoKernel - WebOS Internals) has some confusing info about F102A where it seems to claim that F102A has screenstate v2 in it - but I don't recall seeing those settings in F102A when I looked at it a few weeks back. Additionally another user asked about this in a different thread about but I didn't see any definitive answer on this topic: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ike-f102a.html

I'd like to get some "official" clarification around the 800mhz F102A/B status and determine what features are in which one.
  20.    #1040  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    What screenstate gov is in the F102A that is inside Preware in the stable feeds? The impression I had was that this was using v1. However, the UnixPsycho Wiki (Application:PsychoKernel - WebOS Internals) has some confusing info about F102A where it seems to claim that F102A has screenstate v2 in it - but I don't recall seeing those settings in F102A when I looked at it a few weeks back. Additionally another user asked about this in a different thread about but I didn't see any definitive answer on this topic: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ike-f102a.html

I'd like to get some "official" clarification around the 800mhz F102A/B status and determine what features are in which one.
    F102B in the testing feed will soon become F102A in the stable feed. You'll notice the references to RC4 etc in the description of F102B.
    Live free or DIE!