Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1045
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    anyone care to possibly inform us when 1ghz will hit Uberkernel? Does it still need more testing?
    Look in the F105 thread and judge for yourself. When the number of success stories consistently outnumbers the problems by at least 25 to 1, then I'll start considering it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    more people talk about the problems than report nothing wrong. I've had no problems with 1ghz
    Quote Originally Posted by kra2y View Post
    more people talk about the problems than report nothing wrong. I've had no problems with 1ghz
    Effective alpha testers will be reporting both problems and successes, and will be giving the same amount of very detailed environment and configuration and usage information in both.

To progress from alpha to Uber requires effective alpha testers ...

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    anyone care to possibly inform us when 1ghz will hit Uberkernel? Does it still need more testing?
    my compcache F102A is amazing. No problems
  5.    #985  
    This thread is not for 1GHz kernels.

Keep posts relevant to Starfighter and Delta Dagger.
    Live free or DIE!
    Hey, posting from Canada and just received 1.4.5 OTA.

Myself and a friend both updated but with different variants:
    Person A (me): installed 1.4.5 WITHOUT uninstalling F102 first
    Person B: uninstalled F102 and then installed 1.4.5

After installing, I put in the recovery kernel to overwrite any gray areas not uninstalling may have caused, person B did not.

Both of us, however, cannot reinstall any kernel with the similar file verification results. So, I was originally thinking my caution-throwing attitude of not uninstalling first was at fault but that may not be the case.

IPKG log Person A:
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f102a-kernel-pre.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files ...
    Verification failed on /boot/config-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    Verification failed on /boot/System.map-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    Verification failed on /boot/uImage-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/block/nbd.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/ecb.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/pcbc.ko
    Device kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement

IPKG log Person B:

postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f102a-kernel-pre.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files ...
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/ecb.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/pcbc.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/block/nbd.ko
    Device kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Hey, posting from Canada and just received 1.4.5 OTA.
    We need Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals updated with the WebOS 1.4.5 doctor for your device.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We need Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals updated with the WebOS 1.4.5 doctor for your device.

-- Rod
    Sure thing, Rod. I'm downloading it now and I'll upload it as soon as I get a chance.

Any thoughts on the verification failure w/ and w/o recovery kernel installed, though?

edit: added url to doctors page
    Last edited by neville; 07/15/2010 at 10:25 AM.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    F102A 1.4.1-75 on my Sprint Pre works fantastically. Finally the touch screen and scrolling are responsive. I can play music AND have a second app open without significant lag. This patch and extended battery finally make this phone fully enjoyably usable. Thanks Unixpsycho!!
    Strange... looks like I fixed my problem by installing F105... uninstalling it and then reinstalling F102??

No idea what that would have done but as soon as F105 worked (no other kernels did) I decided to go back and try F102.
    I love this kernel, been using it since it was released and I haven't been let down or experienced an issue yet. I know compcache got enabled in UberKernel, buuuuuut....I'm glad the F102A is still here, cause I really like not having to fiddle with Govnah. This just works.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    F102 works flawlessly with Bell Pre 1.4.5 based on the last 24 hrs of performance. I'll let you know if I run into any trouble. Smooth sailing thus far though!
    UnixPsycho,

Can you consider updating the first post to include that spamming the thread is not how you get the kernel?

Please? Not that anyone reads the damn thing apparently, but, it's worth the shot...

M.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    just an fyi, i have f104 installed with govnah running screen state 250-800. My Pre runs amazing but when i leave it charging on the wall charger and i guess it enters standby mode, the cpu speed never clocks back up to 800 when i unplug it. It will continually stay clocked at 250 until i do a luna restart. Just trying to help...
  15.    #995  
    Quote Originally Posted by lsvteg11 View Post
    just an fyi, i have f104 installed with govnah running screen state 250-800. My Pre runs amazing but when i leave it charging on the wall charger and i guess it enters standby mode, the cpu speed never clocks back up to 800 when i unplug it. It will continually stay clocked at 250 until i do a luna restart. Just trying to help...
    hmm. Do you have some patch installed conflicting with scaling? a Luna restart should never change CPU speeds with screenstate.
    Live free or DIE!
    I'm sorry if this is a bit of a newb question (I'm sorta new, I'M SORRY!), but has anyone had to do any doctors or anything like that with the F104A or F102A? At the moment I have an Uber Kernal for my Pre Plus and it doesn't really speed things up for me. I was thinking of switching. Thanks!
  17.    #997  
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    I'm sorry if this is a bit of a newb question (I'm sorta new, I'M SORRY!), but has anyone had to do any doctors or anything like that with the F104A or F102A? At the moment I have an Uber Kernal for my Pre Plus and it doesn't really speed things up for me. I was thinking of switching. Thanks!
    F102/F104 are considered safe. But if you are not seeing a speed up with Uber then I doubt you will see a speed up with these.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    F102/F104 are considered safe. But if you are not seeing a speed up with Uber then I doubt you will see a speed up with these.
    Ok, thanks. I am going to try the F104, and if doesn't work I'll remove (doctor if needed) it and go back to the Uber.
    Hmm, well, I would LOVE to try but the author said "Don't Spam asking how to get it. I just told you above." Well I read that post several times, and I still don't see it, but fine. Thanksx10 unixpsycho for all these kernals, you are great, just wish I could try to use them.
    Everything you need is in the first post. It's not laid out step-by-step because people who are not adequately computer and linux literate to read that post and figure out how to install this kernel, have absolutely no business installing alpha level software. I mean no offense by that. It's just the way it is.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/03/2010 at 04:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.