Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    So I was trying to figure out what compcache is exactly. Is this description I found the accurate one in this case?

"This project creates RAM based block device (named ramzswap) which acts as swap disk. Pages swapped to this disk are compressed and stored in memory itself.

Compressing pages and keeping them in RAM virtually increases its capacity. This allows more applications to fit in given amount of memory."
    Rod....someone posted that it will install with WebOS Quick Install? Is that right? Will it unistall from there too?
    Install with webOS Quick Install, uninstall with WOSQI or Preware, am I right?
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by dtichanski View Post
    So this will install with WebOS Quick Install with no problems? How about uninstall/revert back to stock kernal? I am a novice and dont really want to brick my phone. Id feel better if it was installed/uninstalled through preware or file coaster....but Im tempted to try it based on the good comments. Yes there is a tweak to turn screen off while on charging stone. So that should mean it charges at 550....correct? thanks unixpsycho!
    This installs via WOSQI just fine and can uninstall via WOSQI or Preware back to original kernel.
    Live free or DIE!
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    So I was trying to figure out what compcache is exactly. Is this description I found the accurate one in this case?

"This project creates RAM based block device (named ramzswap) which acts as swap disk. Pages swapped to this disk are compressed and stored in memory itself.

Compressing pages and keeping them in RAM virtually increases its capacity. This allows more applications to fit in given amount of memory."
    That's correct. You can verify this on your Pre.

root@palm-webos-device:/# swapon -s
    Filename Type Size Used Priority
    /dev/ramzswap0 partition 131064 27048 1
    Live free or DIE!
    Rod....someone posted that it will install with WebOS Quick Install? Is that right? Will it unistall from there too?
    yes, it will install and ininstall with WEBOSQI
    So I can just download the file from your first post and drag and drop into WEBOSQI?
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang View Post
    installed w/o any problems using WebOS Quick Install (latest version). this is my new favorite overclocking kernel mod! tested it on and off and the speed drops to 500mhz the INSTANT the phone is turned off. goes back to 800mhz the INSTANT it is turned on. very nice! thanks unixpsycho!
    donation on the way....where do i send it?
    Us kernel hackers dont take donations. But you can donate to WebOS Internals as it helps to keep Preware going and buy developer phones.
    Live free or DIE!
    So I can just download the file from your first post and drag and drop into WEBOSQI?
    yeppers
    today i got some screen issues (freeze, card minimized and off center ) with 1.4.0.1
    battery pull helped but than it happend again.
    i will see what happens next.
    anyone else?
    Having used this kernel all day, it seems that I get Too May Cards errors more often...particularly in connection with PDK games. Could it be that while compcache increases the overall available memory it reduces the contiguous memory available? That would explain the behavior I'm seeing. If I've been using my phone for normal things for a while (I'm not a heavy multi-tasker), I basically have to do a Luna restart in order to play Glyder.

Is there a way to tune compcache or turn it off to see if this would make a difference?
    Does it ramp up to 800MHz when on the Touchstone as well?
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by tercero12 View Post
    Having used this kernel all day, it seems that I get Too May Cards errors more often...particularly in connection with PDK games. Could it be that while compcache increases the overall available memory it reduces the contiguous memory available? That would explain the behavior I'm seeing. If I've been using my phone for normal things for a while (I'm not a heavy multi-tasker), I basically have to do a Luna restart in order to play Glyder.

Is there a way to tune compcache or turn it off to see if this would make a difference?
    you can edit /etc/event.d/compcache and comment out the lines or disable it. then reboot.
    Live free or DIE!
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Does it ramp up to 800MHz when on the Touchstone as well?
    Yes. You can install Brightness Unlinked to change that.
    Live free or DIE!
    any body have video playback issues
    very choppy you tube, besides that works great
  17.    #97  
    Updated with new version.

• Lowered compcache reserved size to 10MB
    • Added Touchstone scale down to 500MHz
    • Internal minor spelling typos
    • Changed governor to test in mainline release

Download from 1st post.
    Live free or DIE!
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by nickjrtile View Post
    very choppy you tube, besides that works great
    I just tested youtube and video playback and seemed fine.

Have alot of apps running when that happened?
    Live free or DIE!
    unix can do we just uninstall with webosqi to update?
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    unix can do we just uninstall with webosqi?
    Yes. or with Preware.
    Live free or DIE!
Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast