Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3944454647484950515253 LastLast
Results 961 to 980 of 1045
  1. sratson's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    #961  
    Does the F102A kernel allow you to tweak the compcache setting? When I try to change it with Govnah 0.5.0 it just keeps going back to 20MB..
  2. #962  
    Thanks rob for your post. I have been using these kernels for a while and never went over 24mb with compcache. I thought the lower the better. I tried 128 and it didn't work for me it appeared slower. I tried to a 3d game and it seemed to freeze when loading and tapping the icon it would sit there for about 2 seconds before anything happened. I found my Pre's sweet spot at 64mb. I will try that for a while and see what happens.
  3. #963  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Thanks rob for your post. I have been using these kernels for a while and never went over 24mb with compcache. I thought the lower the better. I tried 128 and it didn't work for me it appeared slower. I tried to a 3d game and it seemed to freeze when loading and tapping the icon it would sit there for about 2 seconds before anything happened. I found my Pre's sweet spot at 64mb. I will try that for a while and see what happens.
    I just figured the larger the better. I have tried to do anything that wild yet.

    Haven't tried any games.

    But someone in another thread said he just upgraded to 1.4.5? Is it out yet?

    And are these custom Kernels ready for 1.4.5?

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  4. #964  
    how do i install it. what are the steps for people like me that suck with computers!
  5. #965  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I just figured the larger the better.
    That is not the case.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6. #966  
    Hello felow Palmers. I would just like to share a little feedback with you all. I have been running thunderchied, 1ghz max, 500mhz min at 32mb compcache. I have experienced three random reboots already. I would like to know know if anyone else has experienced the same problem at all?


    (ive noticed that the restarts have twice out of the three, happened after using the Facebbok beta client by Palm inc)
  7. #967  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Hello felow Palmers. I would just like to share a little feedback with you all. I have been running thunderchied, 1ghz max, 500mhz min at 32mb compcache. I have experienced three random reboots already. I would like to know know if anyone else has experienced the same problem at all?


    (ive noticed that the restarts have twice out of the three, happened after using the Facebbok beta client by Palm inc)
    I have read in the recent past in other thread discussions that there may be a bug in the facebook beta client that under certain circumstances may be causing crashes. I personally don't use it enough to have been victim to the crashes. Keep in mind as well not every device will be 100% stable over/under clocked. Not saying that it for sure is the cause but the way to discover if it is a factor is to keep the custom kernel you have installed but reduce the speed to stock. Repeat the scenario(s) that caused the crashes. After a good many repeated tests see if the crash occurs. If not then increase speed to 600, repeat a good many tests again, then 720 and many more tests, then 800 and many more tests, etc. Until such time as crashes begin. Make sure to reboot between each change of speed to eliminate any variables associated with potential memory leakage or some other factor that may be the cause of the crash. If after all that you don't crash this process will have eliminated the speed and the facebook or other individual app from being the cause of the crash. From that point detailed records of everything you do from a reboot until a crash occurs will help you best identify the cause of the crash through selective elimination. Testing each app or activity in the same way as I described to make sure it isn't a combination of speed and the app or activity. I know many reboots are a pain but when I do testing on a particular day I reboot a good dozen times or more. A good opportunity for watching TV and using the commercial time to work with the apps and the reboot occuring while the show is on or read a book or other occupying activity to fill the time the reboots occur.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  8.    #968  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Marco's kernel was used with his knowledge and he was given the credit for it as well and he refused any donations or donation links to be put up in his name or his signature . just for the readers knowledge . and since marco never came out in any of the prekernel threads and said such i believe this to be true . and dont you think its a little wrong to attack people that are not here to defend themselves ? i think children do that type of stuff ? dont ya think? just remember its a law of God Himself YOU WILL REAP WHAT YOU SOW INTO OTHER PEOPLES LIVES ! Just sayin !
    Lets get the story straight here... I did *NOT* condone using my old kernel rev for SPK. I mentioned to the CPU Scaler author he can use my kernels since they were GPL but also mentioned using my newer kernel revs and not the old. This is documented in an email.

    It was also very apparent I had nothing to do with SPK hence SPK using a 1.4.0 kernel and I already had a 1.4.1 kernel ipk available. If someone wanted to distribute that old kernel since it was GPL then so be it, cant stop them. It's also suspect to embed a name in code when there was no programming involved from that person.

    For the readers knowledge I have said in public I do not take donations but the "Donation" button on a specific signature mentioned "Kernel Development". Seems odd since *I* was the developer and got nothing for it.

    I never bothered to condemn the old kernel in the SPK threads. Why bother. It's not my packaging. My development moved forward for the better and it was made quite clear that I was not supporting that old kernel so users were on their own if they used it. Many users upgraded to my packages and then onto the autobuilt packages in Preware.
    Live free or DIE!
  9.    #969  
    [Deleted by moderator]

    There was problems with the Verizon Pre and that was fixed in a kernel update.

    http://www.precentral.net/webos-1411...eat-fix-inside
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 07/06/2010 at 12:42 PM.
    Live free or DIE!
  10. #970  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I have read in the recent past in other thread discussions that there may be a bug in the facebook beta client that under certain circumstances may be causing crashes. I personally don't use it enough to have been victim to the crashes. Keep in mind as well not every device will be 100% stable over/under clocked. Not saying that it for sure is the cause but the way to discover if it is a factor is to keep the custom kernel you have installed but reduce the speed to stock. Repeat the scenario(s) that caused the crashes. After a good many repeated tests see if the crash occurs. If not then increase speed to 600, repeat a good many tests again, then 720 and many more tests, then 800 and many more tests, etc. Until such time as crashes begin. Make sure to reboot between each change of speed to eliminate any variables associated with potential memory leakage or some other factor that may be the cause of the crash. If after all that you don't crash this process will have eliminated the speed and the facebook or other individual app from being the cause of the crash. From that point detailed records of everything you do from a reboot until a crash occurs will help you best identify the cause of the crash through selective elimination. Testing each app or activity in the same way as I described to make sure it isn't a combination of speed and the app or activity. I know many reboots are a pain but when I do testing on a particular day I reboot a good dozen times or more. A good opportunity for watching TV and using the commercial time to work with the apps and the reboot occuring while the show is on or read a book or other occupying activity to fill the time the reboots occur.
    Than you so very very much. I will give that a try. Today I ran the tests on 900max and 250min, and guess what happened right before I could quote/reply to your comment? *Crash/reboot* I had more than 15 cards open including 5 web pages,and of ourse the Facebook Beta client,when I went to view the FB in my attempt to swipe it off screen,my Palm crashed, lol. I'll continue the tests in different speeds,and reboot after every change I make in Govnah. Your reply was very comforting for me,thank you for your time. I clicked the thank tab
  11. #971  
    Hello fellow Palmers. I just realized something as I looked back on the April 28th release of the 1.4.1.1 Verizon update. When I installed the webOS internals kernels for preware instillation, I remembered that I edited the webos-kernel-testing feed to 1.4.1, after my friend told me that it was probably the reason why the feeds originally didn't update to preware. Exepct later,we realized that it was because he left out the word testing in the url after he e-mailed me the how to install. My question is if changing that piece of the url to 1.4.1 and leavin out the .1 has any effect on the experimental kernels for my Verizon Palm Pre Plus at all?
  12. #972  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I get that, but, I was under the impression that you're one of the "owners" of this site as well. Perhaps I am/was mistaken(?).
    I have some authority over webos-internals.org and preware.org, but have no special relationship with precentral.org over and above any other developer here.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  13. #973  
    rod, marco, just wanted to say i been following u guys for a while, love your work, you make all of our pre's shine, please keep on doing the magic that you do. i for one appriciate it very much. i know that many others feel the same. thank you.
  14. #974  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    rod, marco, just wanted to say i been following u guys for a while, love your work, you make all of our pre's shine, please keep on doing the magic that you do. i for one appriciate it very much. i know that many others feel the same. thank you.
    +1
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  15. #975  
    I just deleted 13 posts where we started to get off the track in this thread about the Compache kernel.

    Please let go of the past. There is no good that will come from it. Casual users don't want to hear it. Those involved have stated their positions quite well many times.

    It's time to move forward.

    - Craig
  16. #976  
    i just deleted uberkernel to try this new kernel but i cant find it or dnt know how to download it to my pre any help wanted?
  17. #977  
    Quote Originally Posted by calgemini View Post
    i just deleted uberkernel to try this new kernel but i cant find it or dnt know how to download it to my pre any help wanted?
    no thanks -- i don't want any help
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  18. #978  
    Quote Originally Posted by calgemini View Post
    i just deleted uberkernel to try this new kernel but i cant find it or dnt know how to download it to my pre any help wanted?
    What kernel are you referring too. Please be more specific. If you search the forum properly, you might see multiple Post/Thread with the info on how to go about acquiring the link.


    If you're not able to accomplish this for some reason or another... PM for the instructions/link.

    Cheers!
  19. #979  
    To to verify my memory:
    • F104: Maxes out at 800Mhz, but all governors (Linux standard and ScreenState) are available.
    • F105: Can go >=1GHz, can do 800MHz, but only ScreenState is available.
    • Warthog: Can go >= 1GHz, all governors (Linux standard and ScreenState), but can not do 800MHz


    Is this accurate? The two more "modern" kernels can not do a steady 800 (perfomance - 800MHz)? Is there a reason Warthog can not do 800Mhz? It's either 1GHz or 720M. I have found a steady 800MHz is the best balance of speed and battery life. 720 just doesn't cut it.

    'Psycho: is it possible to enable 800MHz in Warthog and/or Performance/Powersave in F105?


    M.
  20. #980  
    anyone care to possibly inform us when 1ghz will hit Uberkernel? Does it still need more testing?

Posting Permissions