Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 374243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I was thinking more of passive cooling options to avoid additional power consumption and also any possible complications of fan failure.
    I located a tear down of the pre insides. To my disappointment it looks like the CPU (logic board) is between the battery portion of the back and the LCD front. The portion below the battery is the comm board with the cell radio, GPS etc. The good news is I believe I located heatsinks that could be used in that area. L-21mm W-6mm H-10mm (aluminum mosfet heatsinks). I'm just not sure if heatsinks in that area will be of much benefit. I had thought that the CPU was part of the board behind the KB. Other than that I seen a Vizo brand copper chipset cooler set (3 pieces fan inside heatsink and two very slim passive heatsinks). The very slim ones may be usable somehow. They appear to be less than 40mm x 40mm and about 5mm but less than 10mm thick.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    OK im getting a little confused does the f105 need govnah or does it automatically scale to 500 screen off like f102? Im not exactly new to this but ive been reading the post and i dont know if you need govnah or not, i know it says you cant scale below 500. but i know some use F104 with gov & some use F102 without (like myself). but there is just one version of F105.
    g.nite all, im using this kernel 2 weeks ago and i love it, but haz almost all here... I want more my question is, the 104A is inside the UberKernel now or that1 is diferent?

what is the diference and wich one do you recomend me...

2nd. If i want to install another kernel ej. Uber i just have to install the Palm kernel from Preware feed and this do all the Uninstall job, or i have to use WOSQI to uninstall the actual kernel, then install anotherone?

3er. What about the warthogkernel? That was made by unipsyscho or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by jobito8 View Post
    g.nite all, im using this kernel 2 weeks ago and i love it, but haz almost all here... I want more my question is, the 104A is inside the UberKernel now or that1 is diferent?

what is the diference and wich one do you recomend me...

2nd. If i want to install another kernel ej. Uber i just have to install the Palm kernel from Preware feed and this do all the Uninstall job, or i have to use WOSQI to uninstall the actual kernel, then install anotherone?

3er. What about the warthogkernel? That was made by unipsyscho or not?
    1) Uber alpha has compcache and TMC (slightly different from 104A).

2) Always use Preware to instal and uninstall kernels.

3) All the kernels are done collaboratively by a team of 5 kernel developers together in WebOS Internals.

-- Rod
    Should Compcache be set to on if used on a Verizon phone? I'm running the F105 kernal.
    thks a lot Rod for the quick answer...

but the think is that i install the F104A with WOSQI so, can i just uninstall it with Pam Kernel withh Preware (the one that is in Preware, to reload the original kernel) and then install the Uberkernel tha isl in the preware to?

excuseme my english. but isnt my primary languaje...
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    Should Compcache be set to on if used on a Verizon phone? I'm running the F105 kernal.
    Compache is built into F105...you really don't even need Govnah since it screenstate scales from 500-1ghz automatically.
    Quote Originally Posted by jobito8 View Post
    thks a lot Rod for the quick answer...

but the think is that i install the F104A with WOSQI so, can i just uninstall it with Pam Kernel withh Preware (the one that is in Preware, to reload the original kernel) and then install the Uberkernel tha isl in the preware to?

excuseme my english. but isnt my primary languaje...
    Uninstall using the same tool you installed it with.

Then use Preware exclusively from then on, using the kernel testing feed.

A recovery kernel is a last resort option - it is not designed to be a recommended uninstallation mechanism.

-- Rod
    woa... Thks Rod... Thats all i want to know.... And Thks for the hard work... Please DONATE to the cause folks this all is for US....
    Hello all. Can someone please help me by answering my question? I see other questions about F105 so this can't be the wrong forum because my question was about the F105. It's the 3rd post from the top.

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    Hello all. Can someone please help me by answering my question? I see other questions about F105 so this can't be the wrong forum because my question was about the F105. It's the 3rd post from the top.

thanks
    Being an alpha tester requires that you read all available information before asking questions. There is a thread specifically for the F105 kernel.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Whatever was changed yesterday has started causing my phone to freeze with both the F102A and Uberkernel. The phone boots up fine, but if I let the screen go to sleep then press the power button, the lock screen comes up and the phone freezes instantly. I have tried both the F102A and Uberkernels released 6/27 and they both do it with default settings. Previously both of these kernels worked fine. Help!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Being an alpha tester requires that you read all available information before asking questions. There is a thread specifically for the F105 kernel.
    -- Rod
    I read the thread & like said it states has to be 500 screenstate but doesn't state if you need govnah or not. If screenstate is part of govnah, I wouldn't know since I stated I use f102 which doesn't require a scaling app. When you speak of UK you have stated many times "UK & Govnah" I only asked if govnah was required on not. Before I used F102 I used 1.5 & before that I had the IPK & The .SH before that. I have not used govnah. I didn't mean to be annoying. It was just a simple question.
  14.    #934  
    Quote Originally Posted by csalinardi View Post
    Whatever was changed yesterday has started causing my phone to freeze with both the F102A and Uberkernel. The phone boots up fine, but if I let the screen go to sleep then press the power button, the lock screen comes up and the phone freezes instantly. I have tried both the F102A and Uberkernels released 6/27 and they both do it with default settings. Previously both of these kernels worked fine. Help!!
    try a different governor in UberKernel and see if it changes.
    Live free or DIE!
    omg ive looked all over preware and still cant find them are they still up????? If not can someone hook me up with a link to install over Webos quick install
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedrewitt View Post
    omg ive looked all over preware and still cant find them are they still up????? If not can someone hook me up with a link to install over Webos quick install
    Dude, you need to add the webos-kernels-testing feed to your Preware to see the kernels. Go back to page 46 of this thread, there are instructions there.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedrewitt View Post
    to install testing feeds in preware click below follow the steps and you're good

Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    I only asked if govnah was required on not.

Govnah is required for UK[UberKernal], as well as F104. As you have stated it is not needed for F102.

In order to get the most out of UK, then you need Govnah as it has setting that will change the speed of UK, and the new Govnah has the compcache toggle in it as well.
    ok, i've add the test feeds an still not showing them in preware or the compcache, n e suggestions?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    make sure you name it "webos-kernels-testing" or it won't work
    Palm Pre Owner|Sprint Everything Data + Corporate Discount + Perks Galore....