Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 364142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    1st post has been updated.

Everyone still using Starfighter and Delta Dagger should upgrade to the latest versions available in Preware.

These kernels are not dead, but the development on them will be slowed in favour of F105 and F111.
    f111? Can we have a teaser?
    Ok, I have a question.. Those kernels in preware, do they give that last too many cards warning before crashes... that was earlier spoken by Rod.
  3.    #903  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Ok, I have a question.. Those kernels in preware, do they give that last too many cards warning before crashes... that was earlier spoken by Rod.
    My War Bird kernels wont ever give a TMC. UberKernel will.
    Live free or DIE!
    i have the preware testing feeds entered and the kernels feed turned on but all i see is uber kernel --can someone direct me to where there is more info?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I hear you loud and clear Unixpsycho
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    These kernels are not dead, but the development on them will be slowed in favour of F105 and F111.
    I believe that skipping the F106 Delta Dart aka "Six" or "Cadillac" would be an offense that can not be disregarded. To skip the "Six" would surely bring the ire of the war fighter gods, and the implications of that are almost to horrendous to consider. For your own safety and all that is good I would implore you to consider a F106 kernel before you move on to the last of the "Century" series in the F111.

In other news, thank you for all your hard work. You've truly changed my Pre for the better. I use my Pre as a business tool and the F104A kernel increases the usability of my Pre immensely.

I believe that WebOS Internals Preware/Govnah and your kernels are beacons to the way things "should" be.
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i have the preware testing feeds entered and the kernels feed turned on but all i see is uber kernel --can someone direct me to where there is more info?
    Could be a typo in the URL or might need to update feeds again. I haven't looked today but I did notice all sorts of kernels in the feed recently.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Where can I find information on the kernels testing feed? I have searched around for it but have only been able to find the general testing feed
    These kernals are seriously awesome. Perfect way to tide us over until Pre2
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Could be a typo in the URL or might need to update feeds again. I haven't looked today but I did notice all sorts of kernels in the feed recently.
    i have re added the two testing feeds and i have the kernel feed turned on in preware -- any other ideas as to why only 3 kernels show up? uberkernel and the 2 recovery kernels
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I have the same issues as mespiff.. Both testing/all and armv7 beta feeds in and not seeing the compcache kernals. Also whats the proper procedure to migrate from uber to compcache? Should I restore to stock kernal first or can I just switch over?
    i get an error msg when entering the custom feeds. i think the links are outdated. or im doing something wrong... would love to be able to add the testing feeds to preware....
    here is the feeds link

Name: webos-kernels-testing
    link: Index of /feeds/webos-kernels/testing/1.4.1.1/

Remember to leave off the the last / after 1.4.1.1
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i have re added the two testing feeds and i have the kernel feed turned on in preware -- any other ideas as to why only 3 kernels show up? uberkernel and the 2 recovery kernels
    I'm clueless, but the below quoted post is the same feed I have added.

Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    here is the feeds link

Name: webos-kernels-testing
    link: Index of /feeds/webos-kernels/testing/1.4.1.1/

Remember to leave off the the last / after 1.4.1.1
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    F102A or F104A

Is one more faster or stable than the other? Or is it just a difference with governor options?

I've noticed more people using (and giving props) to 102.
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by algee650 View Post
    F102A or F104A

Is one more faster or stable than the other? Or is it just a difference with governor options?

I've noticed more people using (and giving props) to 102.
    Best I can tell from the OP, they are the same except that F104 gives different governor options . F102 is coded to be only Screenstate 500/800. I believe Govnah won't change that. F102 is a little more "set it and forget it". But, if you like to tinker, F104 lets you change settings in Govnah/
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Stone

Did you put the URL as "ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-kernels/testing/1.4.1.1" (assuming no quotes and that the http:// is already there ? If you spell it correctly it will be there. If you make any spelling errors it will fail and make sure the name is correct too.
    Stone

Did you put the URL as "ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-kernels/testing/1.4.1.1" (assuming no quotes and that the http:// is already there ? If you spell it correctly it will be there. If you make any spelling errors it will fail and make sure the name is correct too.
    Make the name 'webos-kernels-testing' and Preware will keep it up to date if your webOS version changes. Make sure it is compressed too.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Stone

I can't remember exactly but I do believe I had the URL including the http:// part. Will find out shortly as I'm going to take rods advice in the quote below. EDIT: I've added it with the http:// part to make sure it was setup as below and I refreshed the feeds and still see all the kernels so things are working for me. Hopefully those who were having trouble got it sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Make the name 'webos-kernels-testing' and Preware will keep it up to date if your webOS version changes. Make sure it is compressed too.

-- Rod
    Is there special setup for the other resting feeds as well so that preware will keep them up to date if the webOS version changes or is only the kernel testing that this is of any benefit?
    Last edited by StoneRyno; 06/26/2010 at 01:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Is there special setup for the other resting feeds as well so that preware will keep them up to date if the webOS version changes or is only the kernel testing that this is of any benefit?
    git.webos-internals.org Git - applications/preware.git/blob - upstart/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals