Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 354041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
    Thanks, works as stated.
    Are there any compacahe range limits to extreme. I want to tinker with swap memory but wanted to know the safe to borderline ranges.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I can add the link to testing feeds over and over again in preware and it allways comes back with an error when I update feeds and won't work. does the title have to be specific somthing? I would like to stay current with most recent updates but not always near computer to do it with quick install.
    I know its almost 45 pages quite late to ask this..

I understand

Compcache (compressed caching) provides the ability to use part of the RAM as compressed swap.
    I wanted to know.. in the above statement swap refers to the swap on the Flash drive ?
    I am trying to relate computer swap (pagefile.sys for windows) with swap on the phone.

An if it is so.. If I dont use more than 1-2 progs at the same time would it be useful to have CompCache enabled ? considering I have quite a lot of free memory available.. and compressing and decompressing would require some cpu cyles..
    Quote Originally Posted by zeushunt View Post
    I know its almost 45 pages quite late to ask this..

I understand

I wanted to know.. in the above statement swap refers to the swap on the Flash drive ?
    I am trying to relate computer swap (pagefile.sys for windows) with swap on the phone.

An if it is so.. If I dont use more than 1-2 progs at the same time would it be useful to have CompCache enabled ? considering I have quite a lot of free memory available.. and compressing and decompressing would require some cpu cyles..
    Look in Govnah - if you have free ram and no usage of swap, then you don't need compcache - so just leave it turned off in Govnah.

-- Rod
    I had some weird anomalies pop up with 104. The first two days were perfect but I woke up this morning and picked up my phone off the touchstone and noticed that I had 8 web browser cards open. I thought nothing of it but as I started using the Pre i started noting weird touch ghosting going (screen was showing false touches on the screen). I tried rebooting the phone, taking battery out, etc and still these weird ghostings were happening and the screen wasnt responding correctly (hard to throw away cards, false touches). When I got to work I did a Preware kernal restore and now things seem normal. Any thoughts as to why this happened? Should I try 102 or just revert to uberkernal (UK worked fine for me for over a month of usage). Btw, I did a doctor before installing 104 and i use very few patches (4x4 v4, Advanced Launcher, AutoEnable GPS for maps, battery icon as %, Ev icon to 3g, Farhenhite temp on Top bar, GPS icon top bar, GPs in device menu, mobile hotspot ipks).

Thanks
    Peter

PS I installed the recovery kernal and then the uber kernal and now governah will only let me see a max of 600 mhz. Strange stuff going on. Maybe another doctor trip.
    Last edited by FesterTreo; 06/24/2010 at 08:49 AM.
    is the latest f104 in the first post of this thread?

Just want to make sure since I know sometimes people tell us to go to a specific post. Thanks...this sounds really exciting!
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    is the latest f104 in the first post of this thread?

Just want to make sure since I know sometimes people tell us to go to a specific post. Thanks...this sounds really exciting!
    It would probably be better for you to add the kernel testing feed to preware and install f104a from there. Or, I think compcache is now in the mainstream uber kernel, you just have to enable it in govnah.
    ok last night i listen to those dumb *** over at Palm chat.. and now i had to doctor my phone.. i had the F102 installed.. how do i look if its still installed or not.
    hey guys i cant even lie yesterday was the first time ive ever heard of preware so i downloaded it and its amazing. however i have no clue what alll those kernel apps and stuff like that do? i have a lot of learning to do but if someone could basically give me an overwiew i would be very thankful.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_singh View Post
    ok last night i listen to those dumb *** over at Palm chat.. and now i had to doctor my phone.. i had the F102 installed.. how do i look if its still installed or not.
    If you doctor'd your phone then it is no longer installed.
    Listening to Palmcast forced you to doctor your phone? or was I missing something in your statement?
    Quote Originally Posted by rcizzle5086 View Post
    hey guys i cant even lie yesterday was the first time ive ever heard of preware so i downloaded it and its amazing. however i have no clue what alll those kernel apps and stuff like that do? i have a lot of learning to do but if someone could basically give me an overwiew i would be very thankful.
    Welcome my friend! The education will be vast and deep but the journey will also be fulfilling and adventurous, so its kinda hard to just give an Overview of it all! But you're in the right place though, just browse through some of the Forums and you'll find your answers. Also use the search option at the top right portion of the Homepage as well. It will get you where u wanna go faster. Once again, welcome.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I believe I've installed the IPK correctly using WQI314. How can I be sure? How can I monitor the new overclock frequency?
    Quote Originally Posted by jjean View Post
    Listening to Palmcast forced you to doctor your phone? or was I missing something in your statement?
    i think he means the palm support chat thingy

I had one or two random restarts today, how do i debug to find whether it was the kernel that caused it or something else?
    Updated Kernel to Compache - Did I do this correctly?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I loved the speed of the Uber Kernel, but there were too many issues (ie...camera freeze ups, random reboots), so I decided to give the Compache a shot.

I think I did this right, but I just wanted to get the thumbs up from any of you experts out there..

1) Uninstalled Uber kernel via Preware
    2) Download IPK file for F104 kernel
    3) Installed through WebOS Quick Install (this step I'm not too sure about as I've seen no mention of using this when updating/removing kernels)

I updated Govnah before I did all this. Everything seems to be working fine; able to open 15 cards w/o a problem, camera launches fine, no reboots (granted it's only been 12hrs)

Next up...F105
    Thanks
    Al
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    The latest compcache kernels (F102A, F104A, F105, UberKernel and Warthog are all compcache capable now) are all in the Preware kernel alpha testing feed (which you have to add yourself, and it's different from the application testing feeds).

If you're using WOSQI to install an IPK, then you don't have the latest.

If you're using F102 or F104 without the 'A' suffix, then you don't have the latest.

If your kernel does not appear as an icon in the launcher which displays a changelog screen when you click on it, then you don't have the latest.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  18.    #898  
    1st post has been updated.

Everyone still using Starfighter and Delta Dagger should upgrade to the latest versions available in Preware.

These kernels are not dead, but the development on them will be slowed in favour of F105 and F111.
    Live free or DIE!
    Thanks RWithby!

You're right. No icon at all. How do I remove it? Do I just overwrite them with the original kernel?
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by algee650 View Post
    Thanks RWithby!

You're right. No icon at all. How do I remove it? Do I just overwrite them with the original kernel?
    uninstall it through preware or wosqi. As a last resort you can visit the doctor.