Page 44 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I understand that you cannot detect the TS charger directly. But the Battery Monitor app is able to detect the pre is charging, regardless of whether that is from TS or usb(I'm not saying that the BM would be able to tell the difference).
    And you have said that is easy to detect a charge coming from the usb.
    So what I am assuming is that using some logic on the lines of

" 'Pre charging' = true and 'Charge from USB' = False " Implies 'Charging via TS'

Or are the two parameters impossible to deduce from within the Kernal?
    I wouldn't keep nagging but I wasn't sure if my first post had made total sense.
    I plan to add charging detection to battery monitor but at this time the only way it could be considered detecting charging is by the mA figure returned from the service which is a positive value when charging and negative value when running on battery power. I don't know if this helps any with kernel design though. But I will probably look into using it as a way of making the requested change to battery monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by amateurhack View Post
    I think it might be possible to install a microfan in the Seidio 2600 cover with the big battery still installed. I haven't had a chance (and I'm not likely to soon) to do any investigation into it. There could be some drawbacks: slightly higher battery drain, probably have to drill some vent holes in the cover, interference with the speaker and/or radio, might make your pants pocket feel like there's a torch in there. =) Anyhow, just an idea.
    I was thinking more of passive cooling options to avoid additional power consumption and also any possible complications of fan failure.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    hmm. thinking about it.

I get complaints from both ends... users complain that it goes down to 500 (if set that way) when charging, and some 125. either way i can't win.
    well from what I understand. When charging you don't go to 800 is to prevent the device from overheating? So if minimum is set at 125 to save battery so to say. As long as when it's charging. Make every state screen on/off run at 500mhz. Everone should be happy! Coz charging running at min that is below 500 just won't work,and since you are charging you don't need to save batt anyways!
  3.    #863  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I plan to add charging detection to battery monitor but at this time the only way it could be considered detecting charging is by the mA figure returned from the service which is a positive value when charging and negative value when running on battery power. I don't know if this helps any with kernel design though. But I will probably look into using it as a way of making the requested change to battery monitor.
    Basing charging activity on the battery current mA is unreliable. Sometimes the charger or TS is connected and it does not read a positive value, all this means is a battery discharge rate. You would be better off registering a dbus poll or monitor usb_gadget_current_mA (0,500,1000) to detect charging, a dbus event would also detect TS charging at 700mA.
    Live free or DIE!
  4.    #864  
    Quote Originally Posted by amateurhack View Post
    yeah, no touchstone, just a wall charger. No matter what my screen brightness is set to, it jumps my fq to the minimum setting.
    Charging via wall charger will always run at min freq.
    Live free or DIE!
    Charging via wall charger will always run at min freq.
    why is that? can't make it fix at 500mz when charging via wall charger regardless of min?
  6.    #866  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    why is that? can't make it fix at 500mz when charging via wall charger regardless of min?
    ok, this is becoming a flogging of a dead horse.

Everyone wants it their own way, users demand 125Mhz, others 500, while others 250. I suppose i should make the governor cook users' breakfast too...
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    Because of lines 237 to 242 in git.webos-internals.org Git - kernels/patches.git/blob - screenstate/screenstate.patch

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    ok, this is becoming a flogging of a dead horse.

Everyone wants it their own way, users demand 125Mhz, others 500, while others 250. I suppose i should make the governor cook users' breakfast too...
    Since I don't eat breakfast this feature wouldn't work for me. Can you have it go outside and start my car instead?
  9.    #869  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Since I don't eat breakfast this feature wouldn't work for me. Can you have it go outside and start my car instead?
    That feature will only work if its not too cold outside.
    Live free or DIE!
    lol
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    ok i just used webosqi to install this and i want to make sure i did it right and its working. so how do i check it?
    Quote Originally Posted by djprelude View Post
    ok i just used webosqi to install this and i want to make sure i did it right and its working. so how do i check it?
    Download and install Govnah. It will let you see and set your speed.
    This sound great and i am willing to give it a shot, however i have 2 questions; first do i use command line to install it or drag and drop on to webos quick install? and which of the 2 kernel would you recommend, 102 or 104?
    i have figure out how to install.. which is drag and drop...
    and WOW wow WOW... this is how a PRE is suppose to run.
    WOW awesome. love it.. i cant say enough.. dude something this good need a price on it.
    where is your donate link?
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_singh View Post
    This sound great and i am willing to give it a shot, however i have 2 questions; first do i use command line to install it or drag and drop on to webos quick install? and which of the 2 kernel would you recommend, 102 or 104?
    RTFM.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    RTFM.
    men don't read manuals.......................
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_singh View Post
    men don't read manuals.......................
    ... and it shows

But seriously, if you're going to be alpha testing kernels, you're going to make the developers grumpy if you don't do everything in http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2511506

BTW, you probably want to be using F102A or F104A from the preware alpha testing kernel feed instead. Or even F105 from there if you're a real man. But read the doco first.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    ... And it shows

but seriously, if you're going to be alpha testing kernels, you're going to make the developers grumpy if you don't do everything in http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2511506

btw, you probably want to be using f102a or f104a from the preware alpha testing kernel feed instead. Or even f105 from there if you're a real man. But read the doco first.

-- rod
    agreed!
    vic_singh: What tool do you use to randomly turn capital letters in your quote of my message into lower case letters? It has some bugs, cause it missed a couple.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    vic_singh: What tool do you use to randomly turn capital letters in your quote of my message into lower case letters? It has some bugs, cause it missed a couple.

-- Rod
    I've never notice that before. lol....
    I;m guessing it have to something to do with my Chrome browser