Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 333839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    When charging with a wall-charger it will scale down to lowest freq. using a usb charger from a PC wont scale down. 1000mA vs 500mA charging.
    can it be done when it's 1000ma charging, Scale it to min 500hrz, so the phone will be still useable?
  2.    #842  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    can it be done when it's 1000ma charging, Scale it to min 500hrz, so the phone will be still useable?
    If you want that then you should use F102/F102A, or use Govnah to control low end speeds with F104 and UberKernel.
    Live free or DIE!
    If you want that then you should use F102/F102A, or use Govnah to control low end speeds with F104 and UberKernel.
    yes i am using govnah and f104. i love to have the lower speed as 125 to save battery. the only problem is when i am charging the phone and i want to use it at the same time. i know i can switch the mode maneully, is there a away to implement so that when you charge you don't go to the lowest speed, yet make it 500?

is it a feature that needs to be put into the kernel or govnah?

do you know what i mean?
    I am dreaming of 1200mhz. Actually 800 is great already...I cant imaging 900, 1000, 1100, 1200!!!!!!!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    is the f102 kernal going to be made to work with other govners (petes scaler) as since the settings dont stick with uberscaler sometimes on boot my pre is at 125mhz and is painfully slow till i get to the app and change the speed (takes a long time) and it makes the boot time 5 or so minutes.

Doesn't happen every time..but has happened a few times, so with the f102 kernal that wouldn't happen as it is 500-800mhz.
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    is the f102 kernal going to be made to work with other govners (petes scaler) as since the settings dont stick with uberscaler sometimes on boot my pre is at 125mhz and is painfully slow till i get to the app and change the speed (takes a long time) and it makes the boot time 5 or so minutes.

Doesn't happen every time..but has happened a few times, so with the f102 kernal that wouldn't happen as it is 500-800mhz.
    Govnah sticky profiles are designed to automatically disable if you have an unclean shutdown, to prevent reboot loops causing you to have to visit the doctor.

-- Rod
  7.    #847  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    yes i am using govnah and f104. i love to have the lower speed as 125 to save battery. the only problem is when i am charging the phone and i want to use it at the same time. i know i can switch the mode maneully, is there a away to implement so that when you charge you don't go to the lowest speed, yet make it 500?

is it a feature that needs to be put into the kernel or govnah?

do you know what i mean?
    hmm. thinking about it.

I get complaints from both ends... users complain that it goes down to 500 (if set that way) when charging, and some 125. either way i can't win.
    Live free or DIE!
    hmm. thinking about it.

I get complaints from both ends... users complain that it goes down to 500 (if set that way) when charging, and some 125. either way i can't win.
    Is it possible to make this a user configurable option? I am clueless when it comes to kernel coding but if it is possible user configurable option is probably best for this situation.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Is it possible to make this a user configurable option? I am clueless when it comes to kernel coding but if it is possible user configurable option is probably best for this situation.
    Anything is possible, as long as someone can state the solution based on the very few inputs that the kernel has to make the decision:

1) Screen brightness
    2) Charging current

The problem comes when people want the kernel to read their mind on what they want, based on things it cannot get access to easily.

Note that whether or not the device is placed on the touchstone is currently something that the open source kernel code cannot easily get access to, because it is actually sensed by circuitry on the very securely protected comms board and communicates it across a proprietary undocumented binary communications link between that and the proprietary telephony interface binary from Palm.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Anything is possible, as long as someone can state the solution based on the very few inputs that the kernel has to make the decision:

1) Screen brightness
    2) Charging current

The problem comes when people want the kernel to read their mind on what they want, based on things it cannot get access to easily.

Note that whether or not the device is placed on the touchstone is currently something that the open source kernel code cannot easily get access to, because it is actually sensed by circuitry on the very securely protected comms board and communicates it across a proprietary undocumented binary communications link between that and the proprietary telephony interface binary from Palm.

-- Rod
    I'm no coder or programmer by any means and what I'm about to ask you may already implement.
    But is detcting usb charging similarly dificult to detecting touchstone charging?
    Also is it difficult for the kernel to detect if the device is charging at all?
    If both are those are no, would it be possible to detect touchstone charging by some logic like
    TS charge if 'usb charge' = false and 'charge' = true ?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=unixpsycho;2515889]Just to add some more salivating users...

[IMG]

This is awesome experimentation, cool to see how far you can push the edge of the envelope! Great work uNiXpSyChO!

I wonder what will happen to all these salivating Pre users when their Pres *FRY* because they are trying to run them at 2 times the manufacturer spec. Don't come whining back here when they DIE from being overheated!

P.S. Can you send me the dead ones? I might be able to salvage some case parts.
    Last edited by ka6sox; 06/20/2010 at 10:37 PM.
  12.    #852  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I'm no coder or programmer by any means and what I'm about to ask you may already implement.
    But is detcting usb charging similarly dificult to detecting touchstone charging?
    Also is it difficult for the kernel to detect if the device is charging at all?
    If both are those are no, would it be possible to detect touchstone charging by some logic like
    TS charge if 'usb charge' = false and 'charge' = true ?
    No. It is not that simple.

USB charger detect is easy, TS is not. Like Rod said, there is a comm layer in the way and it is impossible to read TS state from the kernel.
    Live free or DIE!

USB charger detect is easy, TS is not. Like Rod said, there is a comm layer in the way and it is impossible to read TS state from the kernel.
    I've had the same question, and I appreciate the full explanation. I've given up on screenstate for now. I set my fq manually when I'm charging usong the performance governor, and then (sometimes) switch it to either on demand or screenstate when I'm running on battery power. I guess if someone wanted to, they could mod a program such as govnah to automatically set the fq based upon a bunch of criteria like that, but for me, for now, this seems to be the best working option.
  14.    #854  
    Quote Originally Posted by amateurhack View Post
    I've had the same question, and I appreciate the full explanation. I've given up on screenstate for now. I set my fq manually when I'm charging usong the performance governor, and then (sometimes) switch it to either on demand or screenstate when I'm running on battery power. I guess if someone wanted to, they could mod a program such as govnah to automatically set the fq based upon a bunch of criteria like that, but for me, for now, this seems to be the best working option.
    If you dont have the screen brightness setting turned down too low then the workaround TS detection works fine.
    Live free or DIE!

I understand that you cannot detect the TS charger directly. But the Battery Monitor app is able to detect the pre is charging, regardless of whether that is from TS or usb(I'm not saying that the BM would be able to tell the difference).
    And you have said that is easy to detect a charge coming from the usb.
    So what I am assuming is that using some logic on the lines of

" 'Pre charging' = true and 'Charge from USB' = False " Implies 'Charging via TS'

Or are the two parameters impossible to deduce from within the Kernal?
    I wouldn't keep nagging but I wasn't sure if my first post had made total sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I've played assassin's creed for up to 2.5 hours in one session and my CPU temperature at 800mhz is just shy of 50C and my battery temperature is just shy of 45C seems to not increase at that point unlike my first time playing it. I'm not sure why both got close to 60C that one time. I wonder what kind of temperatures I would see at 1ghz or higher. Oh I have been thinking of cooling mods like a heat sync or something that fits inside the extended battery doors that could be used to cool with extended batteries and one that would take advantage of the space if using the extended door with the slim batteries that fit inside the original cover.
    I think it might be possible to install a microfan in the Seidio 2600 cover with the big battery still installed. I haven't had a chance (and I'm not likely to soon) to do any investigation into it. There could be some drawbacks: slightly higher battery drain, probably have to drill some vent holes in the cover, interference with the speaker and/or radio, might make your pants pocket feel like there's a torch in there. =) Anyhow, just an idea.
    If you dont have the screen brightness setting turned down too low then the workaround TS detection works fine.
    yeah, no touchstone, just a wall charger. No matter what my screen brightness is set to, it jumps my fq to the minimum setting.
    I should follow that up with, it's not that big of an issue for me. I appreciate your work and I know this is alpha stuff. Don't let it distract you from working on the bigger stuff.
    any info on the difference with the warthog kernel vs UK and F104A?

I searched but don't see anything..
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    any info on the difference with the warthog kernel vs UK and F104A?

I searched but don't see anything..
    See the recent-ish posts in the uber kernal thread, specificaly the one by rwhitby.