Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    Go here: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

There are 2 testing feeds to add. Should have the latest versions of UK and Govnah
    I have both of these feeds enabled...this is what I get.

Available Packages/Kernel/Palm Kernel (Pre/Pre+) & UberKernel (Pre/Pre+)v1.4.1-21

And in Applications/All/Govnah v.0.4.5

This seems like the same versions available without enabling the two custom feeds in the above link.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    not sure about Uberkernel ( I'm using F104), but the Govnah version is definitely different than the standard one (0.4.2, I think)
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    not sure about Uberkernel ( I'm using F104), but the Govnah version is definitely different than the standard one (0.4.2, I think)
    I have read that there is a v***-37 UK in alpha testing. I thought that this was the preferred kernel to use with govnah. Attempting a search with F104 comes up with nothing.

Again...the only custom feeds I have enabled are the two listed in the link above. Are you sure there is not another feed that points to the alpha kernels?
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdogokc View Post
    In another thread I followed a link to this page Index of /feeds/webos-kernels/testing/1.4.1.1/ which has the kernel (do not see alpha govnah here) but when attempting to add the custom feed I get an error. Wrong feed "name"?
    I think you added it wrong, because that feed works for me.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    I think you added it wrong, because that feed works for me.
    What "feed name" did you use with that url? Does the "feed name" make a difference?

EDIT: I don't know if it made a difference by using the feed name "webos-kernels-testing" or maybe I finally entered the url correctly...but the last change I made worked for me. Sorry for the dopy posts and thanks for the help.
    Last edited by kdogokc; 06/17/2010 at 09:13 AM.
    I'm currently building a Pixi kernel with compcache modules and the lowmemnotify threshold formula adjustment. It'll be in the kernel testing feed soon.

Note that the Govnah support for it is not fully there yet governor-wise (the Pixi has a different set of governors available, with a whole lot of new parameters), but the compcache enabling should work.

Make sure you read and agree to http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2511506 before trying it, cause it's bleeding edge stuff.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    not to be a pain, but everytime i come to this thread, which im subscribed for, i am hoping to see an update to the compcache kernel (which is the title of this thread). there are planty of threads for UK and govnah. just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    not to be a pain, but everytime i come to this thread, which im subscribed for, i am hoping to see an update to the compcache kernel (which is the title of this thread). there are planty of threads for UK and govnah. just saying.
    No, that's a good call. Anyone interested in compcache modules in UberKernel for Pre or Pixi should head over to the UberKernel thread instead.

Note that compcache refers to kernel modules that are now in four different experimental kernel releases from WebOS Internals developers, but you are right in pointing out that this particular thread is referring to two of them in particular.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Did I already mention I love F102? My Pre is once again a new toy. Thank you unixpsycho!

I did notice his OP is from 4/26. Has no new version been released in almost 2 months?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor1973 View Post
    Did I already mention I love F102? My Pre is once again a new toy. Thank you unixpsycho!

I did notice his OP is from 4/26. Has no new version been released in almost 2 months?
    You can always get the latest status of kernel development at:

git.webos-internals.org Git - kernels/patches.git/shortlog

(unixpsycho is Marco)

As you can can see, things are not standing still.

-- Rod
    I just learned the droid uses the same processor the Pre does and there's a lot of great research done on their end on andoid's kernel proper. Assuming the kernel ancesry comes frm TI,can we infer anything useful from their experiences?

it seems Froyo 2.2 was able to solve the high load coming out of sleep issue and TI's default governor is ondemand...

OverClocking 101 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

just including this link so we can learn from previous empirical research.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You can always get the latest status of kernel development at:

git.webos-internals.org Git - kernels/patches.git/shortlog

(unixpsycho is Marco)

As you can can see, things are not standing still.

-- Rod
    Can't wait for the next release.
  13. jhp
    1.4.5-39?
    using f 102 on a freshly doctored pre for 2 days now, no issues, beautiful
    Quote Originally Posted by jhp View Post
    1.4.5-39?
    Prep for upcoming webOS update.
    For what it's worth, I switched from UberKernel -21 to F104 about 4 days ago, and while I certainly have witnessed an improvement in performance, my phone has definitely seemed more prone to temperature spikes. It will jump above 40C suddenly and typically without an obvious reason (at times when all I have open is Govnah)... Last night the phone jumped to 50C when I hadn't even been using it or charging it.. I turned it off and left it for a while... It's been fine today, but I've had UberKernel on my phone since roughly a week after it was initially released to Preware and never seen the temperature that high until now. The temperature spiking didn't happen before (at least not anything close to this extent) either. However, when the phone is not misbehaving, F104 seems to run cooler than UK did. I'm about to switch over to the testing-feed version of UK to see how that compares.

Edit: I have been exclusively running the phone with the screenstate governor set to 800/500.
    Last edited by Xenoc; 06/17/2010 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Govnah Settings =)
    Xenoc
    :: Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm Vx -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> Palm Pre (2nd) -> Verizon Pre2::

If you like electronic music... check me out:
    http://www.xenocmusic.com (needs updates ...)
    Is uninstalling through preware sufficient or do I need to actually go in and delete the files for removing compcache? I was a little confused about the warning on the last page.
    Quote Originally Posted by fsuphi1490 View Post
    Is uninstalling through preware sufficient or do I need to actually go in and delete the files for removing compcache? I was a little confused about the warning on the last page.
    I just successfully uninstalled F104 via preware (installed it with WOSQI) and then succesfully installed UberKernel -39 (with the requisite device restarts, of course) about 10 minutes ago. Worked like a charm and is running great so far.

Xenoc
    :: Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm Vx -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> Palm Pre (2nd) -> Verizon Pre2::

If you like electronic music... check me out:
    http://www.xenocmusic.com (needs updates ...)
  19. jhp
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    Prep for upcoming webOS update.
    Looking for any testers :^)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhp View Post
    Looking for any testers :^)
    Sorry let me rephrase...

The 1.4.5-39 you are seeing is the newest kernel except that it is being readied for when the 1.4.5 webOS update comes out in the next few weeks. It won't work until Palm releases 1.4.5 to the public.

It is no different from the current 1.4.1.1-39.