Page 34 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    you need to find the instructions for adding the testing feeds yourself
    -- Rod
    Ok, that was tempting enough for me to bite
    I added the proper kernel feed for my device, updated überkernel to 1.4.1-37 and already have govnah v0.4.4 to control compcache. Now, on to more reading and learning!

UPDATE: Well, so far so good. Impressive, even. No, fapworthy is the word! I've NOVA paused in the background as I'm typing this, along with govnah, battery monitor, preware, alarms page and another browser window, and not only did I not get any TMC but my pre hasn't even broken a sweat! I love compcache!
    Last edited by manueljaime; 06/16/2010 at 04:34 AM.
    I just installed F102 and have the newest govnah, but attempting to enable compcache gives me an error:

insmod: can't read '/lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/extra/xvmallock.ko': No such file or directory
    Is this a kernel problem or govnah problem? Apologies if it's Govnah, in which case I'll have this post moved.
    @dirtygreek: As far as I know, both 102 & 104 have compcache hard-coded in them (ie, it can't be disabled).
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtygreek View Post
    I just installed F102 and have the newest govnah, but attempting to enable compcache gives me an error:

Is this a kernel problem or govnah problem? Apologies if it's Govnah, in which case I'll have this post moved.
    I don't think Govnah can be used w/ F102. Remove Uberkernel and any other overclocking kernels and install F102. Don't even open Govnah. (you can remove it).
    Future compcache support is coming to Uberkernel, which is compatible w/ Govnah. But it's not ready yet...
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Ok, that was tempting enough for me to bite
    I added the proper kernel feed for my device, updated überkernel to 1.4.1-37 and already have govnah v0.4.4 to control compcache. Now, on to more reading and learning!

UPDATE: Well, so far so good. Impressive, even. No, fapworthy is the word! I've NOVA paused in the background as I'm typing this, along with govnah, battery monitor, preware, alarms page and another browser window, and not only did I not get any TMC but my pre hasn't even broken a sweat! I love compcache!
    I installed the Uberkernel 1.4.1-37 and i opned 2 PDK games and tried to open another app but it gave me TMC error. so i removed it and back to the F104 Kernel that gives no TMC errors at all ...
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    I installed the Uberkernel 1.4.1-37 and i opned 2 PDK games and tried to open another app but it gave me TMC error. so i removed it and back to the F104 Kernel that gives no TMC errors at all ...
    Did you actually go into Govnah and turn on compcache? What memlimit did you use?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Did you actually go into Govnah and turn on compcache? What memlimit did you use?
    after i installed the uberkernel i went to Govnah, i have the latest version. but where is that thing that turns compcache on?!
    i see Memory/Swap and in Preferences i cants find anything to turn compcache on!!!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    after i installed the uberkernel i went to Govnah, i have the latest version. but where is that thing that turns compcache on?!
    i see Memory/Swap and in Preferences i cants find anything to turn compcache on!!!
    on the main screen tap "Governor"
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    on the main screen tap "Governor"
    ah i see it now. it comes off when new uberkernel installed, right?
    in F104 its Memelimit 20240.

i think im gonna now removed f104 and reinstall the uberkernel
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    According to Rod, Marco's kernel's disable the TMC error. Uberkernel is supposed to be improved to raise the thresholds for triggering the error.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    ah i see it now. it comes off when new uberkernel installed, right?
    in F104 its Memelimit 20240.

i think im gonna now removed f104 and reinstall the uberkernel
    UberKernel is set up to behave exactly like the stock kernel when installed (so 500MHz, no compcache). It can then be adjusted by Govnah settings in the selected profile. Since F104 always has compcache on, you probably didn't have a profile set up to specifically enable it, so Govnah did not enable it on UberKernel.
    Last edited by ahitz; 06/16/2010 at 12:50 PM.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Running the F104 Starfighter kernel, i'm using screenstate with Min 250 and Max 720.

For some reason, when I first enable this profile in Govnah, my cpu goes down to 250 even if the screen brightness is set to 100%

If I change the brightness at all, the cpu speed immediately jumps to 720.

I know there are issues with screenstate if the brightness is very very low, but is this is a bug?
    THanks so much Unixpscho and rwhitby, among others, the homebrew community as a whole rather...I was about to get my feet wet with UK, and after reading halfway through all these posts (which I just finished now, whew, 34 pages plus World Cup football, what a day at work!), I installed F104 at 125/800 with absolutely no problems. I wont go into how many cards I can have open now, or my temp or battery usage, its just FAST!!!! Havent tested everything out obviously, but aside from PDK games, etc, Preware loads SOOOO fast I cant even read half of the feeds!!! THanks to everyone, I am happier and happier with my phone, and it was so easy for me, Im lucky.

Unix, did you suggest earlier to donate to Webos Internals? I did during the pledge drive, but I am thinking about doing it again.

Thanks a million
    Last edited by dpaul420; 06/17/2010 at 11:01 AM.
    I installed this (F102) kernel the other day. First I removed the (800 .sh) kernel I was running. F102 installed without a hitch. I noticed much improved battery life. I forgot my charger yesterday and made it almost 8 hours before the phone shut itself down.

The only issue I've been seeing is my universal search won't let me search my contacts or apps. If i type john, I simply see the magnifying glass and "John". If I tap "John", I am given the google, google maps, twitter, etc. options. The only way around this is to open the phone app and type a name there. The same thing happens with app names in universal search. Not a huge deal, but it's the only thing I've seen come up so far.
    Last edited by TheFishGuy; 06/16/2010 at 04:12 PM. Reason: spelling
    "There's a troll for every part of the interweb. Somewhere in a troll forum there's a troll suggesting they just follow the rules."

Palm needs to hire Jason Robitaille
  15.    #675  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    Running the F104 Starfighter kernel, i'm using screenstate with Min 250 and Max 720.

For some reason, when I first enable this profile in Govnah, my cpu goes down to 250 even if the screen brightness is set to 100%

If I change the brightness at all, the cpu speed immediately jumps to 720.

I know there are issues with screenstate if the brightness is very very low, but is this is a bug?
    It is not a bug, turn the screen on and off after initially setting the governor. it will work correctly during bootup.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    It is not a bug, turn the screen on and off after initially setting the governor. it will work correctly during bootup.
    Fair enough. Thanks for the reply, and thanks for an awesome kernel!
    I love starfighter f104 w/o govnah. 800 when on 125 off. 2 weeks of perfect performance and good battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFishGuy View Post
    I installed this (F102) kernel the other day. First I removed the (800 .sh) kernel I was running. F102 installed without a hitch. I noticed much improved battery life. I forgot my charger yesterday and made it almost 8 hours before the phone shut itself down.

The only issue I've been seeing is my universal search won't let me search my contacts or apps. If i type john, I simply see the magnifying glass and "John". If I tap "John", I am given the google, google maps, twitter, etc. options. The only way around this is to open the phone app and type a name there. The same thing happens with app names in universal search. Not a huge deal, but it's the only thing I've seen come up so far.
    The Universal Search problem is due to updating webOS past 1.4.0 before uninstalling the old 800 .sh kernel - by doing so you have caused it to put back the 1.4.0 version of LunaSysMgr which is causing this problem.

The only way to fix it is to webOS Doctor. This is why UberKernel is designed to be OTA safe, so this doesn't happen.

-- Rod
    How can i put the f102 kernel on my pixi?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm127 View Post
    How can i put the f102 kernel on my pixi?
    I'm afraid that is impossible. The pixi uses a different CPU that does not support the same features the pre does.