Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
    besides being able open more apps what other benefits to adding more swap space
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    besides being able open more apps what other benefits to adding more swap space
    That's pretty much it, and remember that swap space in flash memory is *really* *slow* ... that's why compcache is so effective.

See Compcache: in-memory compressed swapping [LWN.net] for an explanation of compcache.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    If you have one or more apps in mind I can test them and let you know.
    Response sent to BatteryMonitor thread in order to avoid thread hijack.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Hi everyone!...

How do i use govnah to turn off the F104 when i dont want to use it? I dont see the option in govnah 0.4.2.
    Does anyone know why govnah is showing the wrong temp? It says my Pre is 52 degrees but its actually 42
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Hi everyone!...

How do i use govnah to turn off the F104 when i dont want to use it? I dont see the option in govnah 0.4.2
    if i'm not mistaken just use the palm default but if you wanna install another kernel then you have to uninstall the F104
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    if i'm not mistaken just use the palm default but if you wanna install another kernel then you have to uninstall the F104
    Nah, i read that govnah 0.4.2 is capable with compache.
    0.4.3 which is in alpha testing is capable of compcache
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

That means i cant get it, right?

Also does anyone know why govnah is showing the wrong temp?
    ... when used with UberKernel 1.4.x-37 (also in alpha testing in the kernels testing feed). Note that the compcache functionality is in the kernel, not in Govah. Just like with overclocking, Govnah just configures the kernel.

Govnah can't control compcache in F102 or F104, because those kernels in our experimental stream are intentionally designed to have compcache always enabled.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Hi everyone!...

How do i use govnah to turn off the F104 when i dont want to use it? I dont see the option in govnah 0.4.2.
    Does anyone know why govnah is showing the wrong temp? It says my Pre is 52 degrees but its actually 42
    someone correct me if im wrong, but you should be able to create a profile for how you want to use the f104 kernel in govnah. then if you don't want to use it/run your phone how it normally does, you should be able to create a separate profile and set it to what the stock speeds of the pre are and then just select that profile when you want to use it...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    ... when used with UberKernel 1.4.x-37 (also in alpha testing in the kernels testing feed). Note that the compcache functionality is in the kernel, not in Govah. Just like with overclocking, Govnah just configures the kernel.

Govnah can't control compcache in F102 or F104, because those kernels in our experimental stream are intentionally designed to have compcache always enabled.

-- Rod
    Alpha testing means i cant get my hands on it, right?

-- Rod
    ooooooooo okidoke thanks for the insight!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

That means i cant get it, right?
    WebOS Internals does completely open and transparent alpha testing. Anyone can participate, and the items under test are in publicly-accessible areas and are built using publicly-accessible build scripts using publicly-accessible sources. The problems and solutions are discussed in public, not in private messages. All the dirty laundry is on the line for everyone to see

We expect those who want to participate to keep up their end of the bargain by being an effective alpha tester who can ssh or novaterm into their device and type commands to assist in debugging problems. For this reason, you need to find the instructions for adding the testing feeds yourself - it's a small test to make sure people are willing to make the effort

It's not a secret, anyone can find it, and anyone can tell anyone else where it is, but we do prefer that people take the effort to find it themselves as that tends to get us better quality alpha testers.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 06/15/2010 at 09:04 PM.
    Alpha testing means i cant get my hands on it, right?
    google is your friend my friend
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Hi everyone!...

Govnah shows the internal CPU temperature sensor.

Where are you getting the other temperature from? It's likely that is the internal battery temperature sensor. Very distant (thermally speaking) from the CPU, and responds mainly to whether the battery is charging or discharging.

-- Rod
    Govnah shows the internal CPU temperature sensor.

Where are you getting the other temperature from? It's likely that is the internal battery temperature sensor. Very distant (thermally speaking) from the CPU, and responds mainly to whether the battery is charging or discharging.

-- Rod
    The patch that shows temp in dev info menu says Pre is 42 degrees. Govnah says Pre is 52 Degrees. I am indeed charging my battery.
    0.4.2 is compatible with the F104 kernel (which includes compcache), it just doesn't let you control the compcache settings of that kernel. If you want to run your phone with mostly stock settings open Govnah, select Profile, then Palm Default.

When you are again ready to rock, select a more aggressive profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    No need to Doctor. Install the Recovery Kernel in Preware. You didnt install anything so there is really no need to but by installing the fix package you just made things worse. That fix package was for older kernel packages.
    That did the trick. Thanks a lot! F102 flies and is so smooth!
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    hey guys any chance at all that we could see a compcache kernel for the pixi? please let me know, my wife loves her pixi but is ALWAYS getting the TMC
    Quote Originally Posted by fizymike View Post
    hey guys any chance at all that we could see a compcache kernel for the pixi? please let me know, my wife loves her pixi but is ALWAYS getting the TMC
    I have an unlocked .eu GSM Pixi Plus on the way from Germany via the US (where it was activated) ...

-- Rod