Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 640 of 1045
  1. #621  
    f104 = FECKING AWESOME!!!!!! I can open 5 3D games!!!!!!!! Or 2 3D games and 20 other apps!!!! My palm pre is now a palm pre plus...im just gona make a bid of this, I have 2 pre's, one with this and one in stock, so I'l show both compared! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
  2. #622  
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    I use preset reset to reboot my phone at 4am every day. Over the last several days, I've been using F102, and when I wake up, I notice that it's stuck on 500MHz frequency. A manual reboot usually fixes it.

    Just an FYI.
    I have preset reset also at about 5 and hhave it open jstop and govnah and screenstate on f102 still works after preset reset does its thing.


    Be nice to put a finger and why it suddenly doesnt stick to 800mhz screen on.
  3. #623  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    but what's there should be a good start for alpha testing on the path to full compcache support in UberKernel and Govnah.
    I understand that UK will always default to the Palm stock options. So if I understand it correctly, that means that compcache will need an option to enable and disable somehow, right?

    I ask because I like UK w/o compcache. And I may just have a flakey Pre, but the compcache kernels don't perform well for me. I'd like the option to have UK but disable compcache. Will that happen?
    Twitter: dullgeek
  4.    #624  
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    I understand that UK will always default to the Palm stock options. So if I understand it correctly, that means that compcache will need an option to enable and disable somehow, right?

    I ask because I like UK w/o compcache. And I may just have a flakey Pre, but the compcache kernels don't perform well for me. I'd like the option to have UK but disable compcache. Will that happen?
    There will be an option to disable compcache in govnah.
    Live free or DIE!
  5. #625  
    I get the following error when installing both F102 and F104:



    I have the latest version of WOSQI (3.14). When I add the IPK and click Install, the progress goes: Connecting to device, Transferring file, Installing... And that's when the error comes up. I have tried rebooting the phone twice with the same results.

    I did have the original (manual install) 800MHz kernel installed and successfully removed it (sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh uninstall) before trying the compcache kernels.

    What am I doing wrong?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  6. #626  
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor1973 View Post
    I get the following error when installing both F102 and F104:



    I have the latest version of WOSQI (3.14). When I add the IPK and click Install, the progress goes: Connecting to device, Transferring file, Installing... And that's when the error comes up. I have tried rebooting the phone twice with the same results.

    I did have the original (manual install) 800MHz kernel installed and successfully removed it (sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh uninstall) before trying the compcache kernels.

    What am I doing wrong?
    what you need to do is follow the instructions in this post.

    After that you should be able to install it without a problem
  7. #627  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    There will be an option to disable compcache in govnah.
    I added it to Govnah 0.4.3 last night It's in the testing feed.

    The option is a toggle for on/off (switchable on the fly) and memlimit.

    -- Rod
  8. #628  
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Do you think you'll also quantify the impact that an app which periodically polls the network has on battery consumption? E.g. 15s is optimal for apps that don't poll the network. What is the optimal battery saving amount for apps that do poll the network?
    If you have one or more apps in mind I can test them and let you know. Keep in mind battery monitor versions that have the graph in landscape mode only use data at the time of orientation change and no longer at each poll. I didn't test compare to see how much if any significant increase there was when google was accessed at each poll.

    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    BTW, one tweak to Battery Monitor that would be nice is the ability for it to automatically reset the starttime when the device goes off charger, so that I don't have to stop & restart the app in order to get an accurate dph% for discharge.
    Thanks for the reminder I forgot to add this to the to do list.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  9. #629  
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    what you need to do is follow the instructions in this post.

    After that you should be able to install it without a problem
    I successfully copied fixinstall.sh to /var/home/root/ using WOSQI, but received the following when running it, which sounded to me like an error:

    Code:
    root@palm-webos-device: sh /var/home/root/fixinstall.sh
      com.unixpsycho.kernel/
      com.unixpsycho.kernel/ramzswap.ko
      com.unixpsycho.kernel/compcache
      com.unixpsycho.kernel/xvmalloc.ko
      com.unixpsycho.kernel/betakernel.tar
      tar: Skipping to next header
      tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
    root@palm-webos-device:
    I wasn't sure, so I just kept going. I did skip the part where unixpsycho says "try to run kernel package uninstall from WOSQI or Preware", because I had no kernel to uninstall. So I went ahead and tried installing F102 using WOSQI again and received a different error message this time around:



    I also tried F104 and got an identical error.

    Any idea what I could do at this point other than doctor my Pre?

    Thanks for your help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  10. #630  
    try webosquick install version 3.02
  11.    #631  
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor1973 View Post
    I successfully copied fixinstall.sh to /var/home/root/ using WOSQI, but received the following when running it, which sounded to me like an error:

    Code:
    root@palm-webos-device: sh /var/home/root/fixinstall.sh
      com.unixpsycho.kernel/
      com.unixpsycho.kernel/ramzswap.ko
      com.unixpsycho.kernel/compcache
      com.unixpsycho.kernel/xvmalloc.ko
      com.unixpsycho.kernel/betakernel.tar
      tar: Skipping to next header
      tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
    root@palm-webos-device:
    I wasn't sure, so I just kept going. I did skip the part where unixpsycho says "try to run kernel package uninstall from WOSQI or Preware", because I had no kernel to uninstall. So I went ahead and tried installing F102 using WOSQI again and received a different error message this time around:



    I also tried F104 and got an identical error.

    Any idea what I could do at this point other than doctor my Pre?

    Thanks for your help.
    No need to Doctor. Install the Recovery Kernel in Preware. You didnt install anything so there is really no need to but by installing the fix package you just made things worse. That fix package was for older kernel packages.

    I just tested an install with WOSQI 3.14 and it installed flawlessly of Starfighter kernel package.

    Maybe you got bad downloads.
    Live free or DIE!
  12. #632  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    No need to Doctor. Install the Recovery Kernel in Preware. You didnt install anything so there is really no need to but by installing the fix package you just made things worse. That fix package was for older kernel packages.

    I just tested an install with WOSQI 3.14 and it installed flawlessly of Starfighter kernel package.

    Maybe you got bad downloads.
    bah never thought about that...

    do you think deleting the /media/cryptofs/com.unixpsycho..... dir would help?

    i think i remember having to do that with these new kernels
  13. #633  
    So I just installed it (F104) and it says its there in device management in WOSQI but I cant find it/use it....where do I look for it?
  14. #634  
    Quote Originally Posted by dtichanski View Post
    So I just installed it (F104) and it says its there in device management in WOSQI but I cant find it/use it....where do I look for it?
    Is there a way to uninstall f102?

    It makes my Pre really sluggish.
  15. #635  
    Quote Originally Posted by dtichanski View Post
    So I just installed it (F104) and it says its there in device management in WOSQI but I cant find it/use it....where do I look for it?
    you don't find it/use it. go into preware and install govnah and you can tweak the settings to your liking in there
  16. #636  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Is there a way to uninstall f102?

    It makes my Pre really sluggish.
    go in to WOSQI and then go into device management and you should be able to uninstall it from there
  17. #637  
    Ahhh...thanks. The earlier version I was using didnt require govnah...at least I dont think it did. Ill try that and see what happens.
  18.    #638  
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    bah never thought about that...

    do you think deleting the /media/cryptofs/com.unixpsycho..... dir would help?

    i think i remember having to do that with these new kernels
    doubt it will help? According to the errors it didnt install. but the fixinstall patch would have made things messy so yes rm -rf /media/cryptofs/apps/com.unixpsycho.kernel will clean it up and then install recovery kernel.
    Live free or DIE!
  19. #639  
    ill install govnah and reinstall the patch! i really need it. But it just makes my Pre slow
  20. #640  
    ok, quick question, i've tried adding extra swap space (swap file) to see in i can open more apps...not that its really needed but hey, if i wasnt a geek i wouldn't wana push the device!lol.

    anyway,i have f104 installed and its awesome!but i added swapfile and it shows in free-m as being their, but not in govnah app (the new one for compcache)...does this mean it won't be used?

    edit: its being used now after restart, cheers
    Last edited by phil.hsr; 06/15/2010 at 07:54 PM.

Posting Permissions