Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    unix in webosqi
    the appid says unixpyscho.l337techmod.800kernel
    developr unixpsycho caj2008-collaborator Number1Pete
    Size 2mb
    Name service to install/uninstall 800
    Just asking to make sure I am installing the right ipk.
    with screen off the 800mhz number is the only increasing last night when I tried it the kernel worked perfect. any suggestions? How do I see if there are remnants of previous kernels on Pre without doctoring?
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Unix I installed and didn't see the scaling down with screen off I tried cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq
    cat /proc/cpuinfo
    and they all showed the 800mhz i am restarting to see if that fixes
    what does "uname -a" output?
    Live free or DIE!
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    got it,thank you. Also, when on touchstone, I still see the clock after the screen goes off. Is it on 500 or 800?
    bah! I misspoke. the clock means the screen is on. so touchstone charging runs at 800.

i think theres a patch to turn off screen while on touchstone IIRC.
    Last edited by unixpsycho; 04/27/2010 at 08:11 PM.
    Live free or DIE!
  5.    #45  
    unix in webosqi
    Just asking to make sure I am installing the right ipk.
    Yeah, thats the old kernel. uninstall that. actually, uninstall everything. scaling apps will from at this kernel. it should break anything but it might upset your phone a little.
    Live free or DIE!
  6.    #46  
    with screen off the 800mhz number is the only increasing last night when I tried it the kernel worked perfect. any suggestions? How do I see if there are remnants of previous kernels on Pre without doctoring?
    at the command prompt do a "uname -a". My kernels have a version "#unixpsycho-x.x.x".

The Palm stock kernel shows "281.1.23" i think. any other custom kernels will have a build number next to the "#".

You can always copy the /boot directory from the webos doctor and put it on the Pre in the respective place. Sometimes a reinstall of the same package *may* fix the uninstall problem, but might leave you with no real backup.
    Last edited by unixpsycho; 04/27/2010 at 06:49 PM.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Do a battery pull. This kernel is no where close to the other kernel so artefacts may be left on the DSP and such.
    Did the battery pull and now everything is running great. No lag when waking up the phone.

But i do have a question. Since we are taking it from 500MHZ when the screen is off to 800MHZ when it is on, would there be any deteriorative effects on the CPU over time due to its clock speed jumping?
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    Did the battery pull and now everything is running great. No lag when waking up the phone.

But i do have a question. Since we are taking it from 500MHZ when the screen is off to 800MHZ when it is on, would there be any deteriorative effects on the CPU over time due to its clock speed jumping?
    doubt it. Palm themselves scales the CPU from 500 to 600 during specific functions.
    Live free or DIE!
    bah! I misspoke. the clock means the screen is on. so touchstone charging runs at 800.

i think theres a patch to turn off screen while on touchstone IIRC.

hey marco. could u please point me in the right direction for this patch? i use the touchstone a lot. thanks
    at the command prompt do a "uname -a". My kernels have a version "#unixpsycho-x.x.x".

The Palm stock kernel shows "281.1.23" i think. any other custom kernels will have a build number next to the "#".

You can always copy the /boot directory from the webos doctor and put it on the Pre in the respective place. Sometimes a reinstall of the same package *may* fix the uninstall problem, but might leave you with no real backup.
    uname- a shows
    Linux palm-webos-device 2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 #9 Wed Mar 17 23:05:35 EDT 2010 armv7l unknown
    This is what you should be getting if you are running the current kernel

Linux palm-webos-device 2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 #unixpsycho-1.4.0 Sun Apr 25 17:44:19 EDT 2010 armv7l unknown
  12.    #52  
    like mentioned above... you are running another custom kernel. uninstall it before installing this new kernel.
    Live free or DIE!
    i was readin up on the android compcache wiki, but couldn't find a correct command.

Is there a certain command to see how much compcache is being used?
    I uninstalled all previous kernels I thought they aren't showing up in webosqi how else can I know besides doctoring if one is on there and where it is? Would this be a good test of the recovery kernel in Preware?
    i think it'd be a great time to give those kernels in preware a shot!
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    hey marco. could u please point me in the right direction for this patch? i use the touchstone a lot. thanks
    "Brightness Unlinked" i think it is.
    Live free or DIE!
  17.    #57  
    I uninstalled all previous kernels I thought they aren't showing up in webosqi how else can I know besides doctoring if one is on there and where it is? Would this be a good test of the recovery kernel in Preware?
    ditto what brennan7 said.
    Live free or DIE!
    Linux palm-webos-device 2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 #1 281.1.23 armv7l unknown
    Does this mean the palm kernel is back on?
  19.    #59  
    Linux palm-webos-device 2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 #1 281.1.23 armv7l unknown
    Does this mean the palm kernel is back on?
    yep
    Live free or DIE!
    So I should now be able to apply your kernel and get the lcd scaling I am trying now

Linux palm-webos-device 2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 #unixpsycho-1.4.0.1 Tue Apr 27 19:41:35 EDT 2010 armv7l unknown

We have ignition
    Last edited by mamouton; 04/27/2010 at 10:48 PM.
Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast