Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    yep. always uninstall before updates.

Now Now... Palm did a great job. They made an open platform for us to tweak and modify, and they encourage it. It's like buying a stock Mustang then running to get it modified for more horsepower and bigger wheels. Unlike Apple.
    +1
    @rush... just read your sig.

LOL. I feel the same!

Loving my pre more... Everyday!
    yep. always uninstall before updates.

Now Now... Palm did a great job. They made an open platform for us to tweak and modify, and they encourage it. It's like buying a stock Mustang then running to get it modified for more horsepower and bigger wheels. Unlike Apple.
    I stand corrected. I do love my Pre.
    @trim,You got that right... :-)
    I have the Uber patch and Govnah. I really want to give this a try.

Sorry for sounding like a noob, but what is the process of uninstalling? Do I just delete from my apps or do I delete through WebOS quick install? And how do I download and install this kernel?
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    Quote Originally Posted by algee650 View Post
    I have the Uber patch and Govnah. I really want to give this a try.

Sorry for sounding like a noob, but what is the process of uninstalling? Do I just delete from my apps or do I delete through WebOS quick install? And how do I download and install this kernel?
    you can unistall the kernel like an app through Preware or WOSQI. You can download the kernel from the first page of this thread and install it using WOSQI.
    this new kernal warrants another donation, time to open my pocket books to uni!
    oh yeah - please keep it up, and continue development!
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Makinola View Post
    I installed the F104 and my pre just hung up too many times had to do a battery pull. I am wondering is there something wrong with my pre or did i somehow mess up in a process. I installed it with WebOs Quick Installer.

I was having this same problem. It just doesn't seem to work @ 125/800 Had to uninstall.

Guess I'm stuck with UK until a fix is found
    Quote Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
    I was having this same problem. It just doesn't seem to work @ 125/800 Had to uninstall.

Ummm... Use F102 then. It's locked at 500/800.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    ...Palm did a great job. They made an open platform for us to tweak and modify, and they encourage it. It's like buying a stock Mustang then running to get it modified for more horsepower and bigger wheels. Unlike Apple.
    I love that analogy! My '68 Mustang was pretty tricked out back in the day
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Quote Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post

It's likely that the problem is your Pre probably isn't happy @ 125. You can try running F102 for 500/800.

I have a newer PrePlus and it runs fine anywhere from 125 to 800.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Has anyone experienced any temporarily-non-responsive keyboard issues after installing this?

I'm loving this kernel (F102), but keep running into times when my keyboard won't register presses for 10-15s, in various apps. I'm not sure if it's related to this or if maybe another patch or hardware problem (dropped my phone 4 days ago :/).
    No problem here..maybe it's your phone. I'm just wondering how long before the complaints on compcache kernel begin. Maybe sooner than later. :-):-)
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    No problem here..maybe it's your phone. I'm just wondering how long before the complaints on compcache kernel begin. Maybe sooner than later. :-):-)
    I don't doubt at all that it's my phone or something I have done to it. I don't have complaints on compcache, I just wanted to check if anyone else experienced this before I dive into other causes, as I only noticed it after installing this kernel.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Sounds like you need to test fly the F102. The F104 isnt forgiving.
    okay so the F102 is a better stable version? So what is it exactly that enables it to stop the too many cards error?
  17. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    So I instaled F104 and everything seems to be great with one ecception. Every tine I restart, the governor resets to 125/800 and seems to stay stuck at 125. The UI remains imposssibly slow until I change to userspace 500 (i installed F104 because I want the memory optimizations without overclocking). Is there any way to prevent this/default to userspace 500? Also is anyone else having this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    So I instaled F104 and everything seems to be great with one ecception. Every tine I restart, the governor resets to 125/800 and seems to stay stuck at 125. The UI remains imposssibly slow until I change to userspace 500 (i installed F104 because I want the memory optimizations without overclocking). Is there any way to prevent this/default to userspace 500? Also is anyone else having this problem?
    Ummm... Then use F102. It's locked at 500/800.

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 06/12/2010 at 08:03 PM.
  19. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Ummm... Then use F102. It's locked at 500/800.

M.
    I would do that, but I specifically don't want to overclock.
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    I would do that, but I specifically don't want to overclock.
    Then make sure your screen brightness is >=20%, set Govnah on Performance and make the Max 500. Save that profile for next boot (no idea how to do that with Govnah, I don't use it).

You should be good. It'll act like Palm's kernel then.

M.