Page 27 of 53 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
    F104 is working great. No TMC errors. But I can't seem to get seen to get the Kernal to work in screenstate using Govnah.
    I can finally open 3 forums at once and not get the TMC error! Love it. I can even launch a 3D game while they are still open.

This makes waiting for the next webOS device a lot easier. Kudos.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I've ran the F104 for nearly 24 hours now and am in love. It's definitely better than the UberKernel. Even with UberKernal clocked at 800mhz stable, I'd always get a TMC error launching Uno by Gameloft. The only way I could play that game was to do a reboot right before launching it everytime. If you load a few other apps and close them and then try, forget it. Well, I've been able to load it just fine the last 24 hours with heavy other use. It still seems plenty fast too! Incredible work! Thanks much!
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I can finally open 3 forums at once and not get the TMC error! Love it. I can even launch a 3D game while they are still open.

This makes waiting for the next webOS device a lot easier. Kudos.
    tru dat homie!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I'm having the issue that I cannot get my screenstate to go above 250. For some reason it seems to be locked to the lowest setting. I tried to set it at 500/800 and but it stays at 500 after it wakes up.

So I keep the Govnah at performance 600/800 and that seems to work better. BTW, I'm using the F104 kernal.

Also, the users that talked about the battery going down after charging. There is a patch called Show Actual Battery Percent, that will allow you to change the battery percentage from UI to actual amount of energy left in the battery.
    Am I correct to assume that

1) the F102 kernel does not require govnah, while the F104 does?

2) both of these kernel have the temp patch built in, so I can remove Jason's temp warning patch?

thx!
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post

2) both of these kernel have the temp patch built in, so I can remove Jason's temp warning patch?

thx!
    yes and yes (i think)
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

unixpsycho,

I owe you a beer, or a 24 pack.

Let me know where to send it.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post

thx!
    F102 only has one specific setting so Govnah will have no effect.

No it does not have the temp patch, it has a CPU temp aspect to report the temp for use in Govnah.
    Quote Originally Posted by comiken205 View Post
    I'm having the issue that I cannot get my screenstate to go above 250. For some reason it seems to be locked to the lowest setting. I tried to set it at 500/800 and but it stays at 500 after it wakes up.

So I keep the Govnah at performance 600/800 and that seems to work better. BTW, I'm using the F104 kernal.

Also, the users that talked about the battery going down after charging. There is a patch called Show Actual Battery Percent, that will allow you to change the battery percentage from UI to actual amount of energy left in the battery.
    make sure your brightness is more than 20% I think that's the trigger for the touchstone or something.
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    Quote Originally Posted by comiken205 View Post

Mine works fine in screen state with F104. Can set it to anything low or high and it switches just fine. Check your screen brightness settings. If you have the patch to reduce brightness that could be screwing it up as the settings may be too low. I have my screen set to 11% brightness and it switches properly.
    Just want to add my experience and ask a couple of questions.

Proud owner of an original Sprint Palm Pre. I installed this in about 2 minutes. Zero problems. (102 version)

After reboot, I launched a number of apps...

pReader
    Web browser
    Simple Bible
    Preware
    WootOn
    Doc Viewer
    Jog Stats
    5 Assorted non-PDK games.

Then, while preware was still updating, I had simplebible download a new bible and pReader parse a new ebook. At this point, it was getting pretty slow, but still functional.

No, I'm not exhagerating. I really had 12 cards open which were mostly memory intensive apps, and I had several of them doing some seriously CPU intensive things.

I then launched Need for Speed Underground. It was (unsurprisingly) very slow, and seemed to be hung on the loading screen.

I minimized the PDK game, and threw away about half of the other open cards, then went back to NFSU. Played beautifully with half a dozen other cards open.

I then closed it out, and launched two differnt PDK games with no other cards open. (Assasin's Creed and Earthworm Jim)

There was significant lag in loading the two PDK games, but once they were both loaded, I was actually able to switch back and forth. Neither one was really playable that way on a non-plus Pre, but all it took to get one of them going full speed was to throw the other card away.

Through all of this, no lock-ups. No TMC.

All in all, I would rate this kernel/patch combo as FLIPPIN' AMAZING!

Which leads me to my couple of questions:

1. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is wrong with Palm? I mean, seriously. A guy who does this for personal use and the benefit of the community on his own time is able to do something that Palm can't do with all their resources? That's just not right.

2. UnixPsycho: I don't know what you do for a living or how much they pay you for it, and I wouldn't dream of asking. But what I will ask is this: Why don't you work for Palm or one of their competitors? You shouldn't just be hacking other people's smartphones. You're good enough to help make smartphones that don't need hacking.
    so when can we can we look forward to AARDVARK? Lol
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I installed the F104 and my pre just hung up too many times had to do a battery pull. I am wondering is there something wrong with my pre or did i somehow mess up in a process. I installed it with WebOs Quick Installer.
    So far, so good. Performance is golden. The idea behind this is fantastic.
    No clue what this does, but it is working on my Palm Pre and no TMC errors. Removed the Uberkernel and replaced with 104 conservative 500 min and 800 max. I also have Super KO Boxing 2 and NOVA installed and both load without hesitation where TMC used to come up regularly requiring reboot. FANTASTIC!!!

BTW, I also plan to try 102 version on my wife's Pre not only to simplify, but also to see how will it works. I'm expecting great things from both and thanks! Sorli...
  17.    #537  
    Quote Originally Posted by Makinola View Post
    I installed the F104 and my pre just hung up too many times had to do a battery pull. I am wondering is there something wrong with my pre or did i somehow mess up in a process. I installed it with WebOs Quick Installer.
    Sounds like you need to test fly the F102. The F104 isnt forgiving.
    Live free or DIE!
  18.    #538  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    so when can we can we look forward to AARDVARK? Lol
    F111 Aardvark might take me a while...I have to work to feed the cats.

You might see a F105 Thunderchief before F111, but that will be in the Preware testing feed. I'm just having problems integrating my home build system routines into the Preware automated build system to package compcache.
    Live free or DIE!
    Should I remove this before the next update? Unixpsycho, you are the best. Thanks for all your hard work. Actually, thanks to everyone in the WebOS Internals Group for making the Pre a much better phone than Palm ever did.
  20.    #540  
    Quote Originally Posted by sonjohn1 View Post
    Should I remove this before the next update? Unixpsycho, you are the best. Thanks for all your hard work. Actually, thanks to everyone in the WebOS Internals Group for making the Pre a much better phone than Palm ever did.
    yep. always uninstall before updates.

Now Now... Palm did a great job. They made an open platform for us to tweak and modify, and they encourage it. It's like buying a stock Mustang then running to get it modified for more horsepower and bigger wheels. Unlike Apple.
    Live free or DIE!