Page 24 of 53 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 1045
  1. #461  
    Thks a lot Unix... this is by far the BEST kernel, i had the uber like 1 mont, and i was the TMCO error all the time, this is simple the best!!!!!!!!!! i dont haver TMCO error again this is enough for me....

    and the speed... awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    thks. going to donate!
  2. mjrei's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #462  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    btw i just posted my reaction of how it went by video recording my nephew while having a bunch of a apps open on here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2502258
    From the C40 info thread of all places! I'd have come across this sooner or later I guess, given the frequency of TMC errors I was getting. But you just made waiting 2-3 months (I know, maybe more) for the new Palm device SO MUCH EASIER! 20+ cards open, 2 of which were hardcore 3D gaming apps... and no TMC error! As a launchday Sprint Pre guy I'm amazed! Feel like I've got a Pre Plus sort of...
  3. #463  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjrei View Post
    From the C40 info thread of all places! I'd have come across this sooner or later I guess, given the frequency of TMC errors I was getting. But you just made waiting 2-3 months (I know, maybe more) for the new Palm device SO MUCH EASIER! 20+ cards open, 2 of which were hardcore 3D gaming apps... and no TMC error! As a launchday Sprint Pre guy I'm amazed! Feel like I've got a Pre Plus sort of...
    right! lol yeah, its not like i really need 31 cards open but its still amazing to see this kernal actually working for the majority of the people here and ur welcome, anyways this kernal was made by unixpsycho, so thank him!
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  4. #464  
    the uber kernel doesn't really work so I'm trying the f104. And so far its great. Screenstate 250-800 Only problem is when I plug it in to charge and turn the screen off and on it stays at 250 even when I have brightness at 30.
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

    Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

    LOVE IT
  5. #465  
    why do you want to have such a low mhz,even the stock pre min is 500mhz.
  6. #466  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    why do you want to have such a low mhz,even the stock pre min is 500mhz.
    The potential of consuming less battery during idle states of the device. In other words when you aren't using it, I'll use the word theoretically just in case nobody has documented evidence, theoretically at the slower speed the CPU will consume less when idle. I personally use my device too much to provide any evidence. However I am also in the boat of I don't use it too much to suffer consequences of any significant increased consumption from running at 800. My device running idle at 800 consumes negligibly more than compared to running on palm's kernel at 500. Do note I am using the uber kernel though I don't think as far as CPU speed is concerned is any different between the two kernels. I'm comfortable staying with it and look forward to the memory related stuff being integrated in it.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  7. gabe2gg's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    #467  
    Is anyone getting a huge drain 8-15% per hour when you use the F104 kernel below 500-800.(125/250-800)? When i place the minimum at 500 the battery drain is normal.
  8. #468  
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe2gg View Post
    Is anyone getting a huge drain 8-15% per hour when you use the F104 kernel below 500-800.(125/250-800)? When i place the minimum at 500 the battery drain is normal.
    *raises hand*

    Maybe it's not that a good idea to have the kernel compress memory chunks at 125Mhz, things can get quite laggy!
  9. #469  
    I think/believe when going beyond 500mhz,the cpu in the phone tends to freeze up causing a lot of problems for most if not all phones. It has been reported on threads over and over again,but I guess some people really think this will minimize batt consumption. Nope! Your batt will continue to drain as long as the phone being used. The real culprit in batt consumption are those useless (rechargeable cells) that can't keep the charge in the batt.
  10. #470  
    Ps. So will govnah ever get the fix for the memory leak..I really do like using govnah but palm pre users do love the fact that we can open up more cards,without getting the TMC error. I do hope it get upgraded in the next update. :-)
  11. #471  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Ps. So will govnah ever get the fix for the memory leak..I really do like using govnah but palm pre users do love the fact that we can open up more cards,without getting the TMC error. I do hope it get upgraded in the next update. :-)
    Govnah has nothing to do with memory leaks or TMC errors.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  12. #472  
    I've been using this kernel for about a week and it's the best. It kills the TMC error dead. I have not seen it once since installing and I play Nova a lot. It also runs with really good performance when compared to uberkernel. And my favorite feature... it's stays at 800mhz past a reset. I hate how Uberkernel doesn't do that.
  13. #473  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    I've been using this kernel for about a week and it's the best. It kills the TMC error dead. I have not seen it once since installing and I play Nova a lot. It also runs with really good performance when compared to uberkernel. And my favorite feature... it's stays at 800mhz past a reset. I hate how Uberkernel doesn't do that.
    Just to let you know, uber kernal does now allow stickys. So 800 will start up on a reboot.
    Last edited by pip smith; 06/10/2010 at 08:31 PM.
  14. #474  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Govnah has nothing to do with memory leaks or TMC errors.

    -- Rod

    I was really talking about uber-kernel. So the question still stands...
  15. #475  
    I'm still using uber-kernel,have not yet tried the compcache kernel. I just can't believe that there really is a fix for TMC for us palm pre user.
  16. #476  
    this kernel stops the tmc error for me
  17. #477  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    this kernel stops the tmc error for me
    wow,can't wait to try it. :-) I'm still waiting on Rod for an answer... Guess he is sleeping. :-)
  18. #478  
    I have a launch day Sprint Pre and installed the F104. Loved the speed, but my battery went down from 100 to 97 in about 4 minutes. Any tips? I uninstalled it and battery life is normal again.
  19. #479  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmihalek View Post
    I have a launch day Sprint Pre and installed the F104. Loved the speed, but my battery went down from 100 to 97 in about 4 minutes. Any tips? I uninstalled it and battery life is normal again.
    I don't think it's cause by the kernel,normally the batt drops percentage from 100 to 95 within two to three mins. Don't worry about it too much.


    note. Batt almost never charge to it's fullest capacity,so when sometime it say 100percent it's really 97percent full.
    Last edited by rush; 06/10/2010 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Giving some info on batt percentage.
  20. #480  
    I tried installing f104 and my phone restarted before it was done installing. It gave an Error 11 or something like that. My phone is on a 10 minute restart, I think I may have to doctor. A little wary about trying again.

    EDIT: Or not...it started up but seems like its running at either 125 or 250. Everything takes forever to start.

Posting Permissions