Page 20 of 53 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 1045
  1. #381  
    why isnt 1.5.0.1 available for download anymore? or is delta dagger it?
  2.    #382  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Great Job with these updates! So far so Great!
    unixpsycho recomends Govnah for F104? Is there a reason for the recco? I dont want Govnah using battery when I already know its running 125 while sleeping and 800 while awake.
    Thanks for your help!
    Unixpsycho which version are you using on a daily basis? Do you ever down scale to 125? Do you think its safe?
    Thanks in advance and again, Great work!
    I recommend it just to set the profile you want to use. By default Starfighter will boot up in "performance" governor. new govnah in testing can set the profile on reboot.
    Live free or DIE!
  3.    #383  
    Quote Originally Posted by Josipe View Post
    why isnt 1.5.0.1 available for download anymore? or is delta dagger it?
    Delta Dagger is the equivalent.
    Live free or DIE!
  4.    #384  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I'm using F102 since I already know my Pre doesn't care for 125 much. Or is this kinda the point of this release?


    M.
    yep. that's the point.
    Live free or DIE!
  5. #385  
    Okay i just put this on my pre. The F102. How am i suppose to know that Its running at 800. I was looking if govnah would notice the 800 was on but it jsut says 500.

    Am i doing something wrong?
    -I uninstalled my SPK.
    -Downloaded F102
    -Put F102 on WQI
    -Downloaded it to my Pre with WQI.

    Govnah doesnt show that its running at 800. Or is it not suppose to?
  6. #386  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstachnik View Post
    Okay i just put this on my pre. The F102. How am i suppose to know that Its running at 800. I was looking if govnah would notice the 800 was on but it jsut says 500.

    Am i doing something wrong?
    -I uninstalled my SPK.
    -Downloaded F102
    -Put F102 on WQI
    -Downloaded it to my Pre with WQI.

    Govnah doesnt show that its running at 800. Or is it not suppose to?
    Do a FULL restart and it should appear in govnah.
  7. #387  
    That didnt work. Did i do anything wrong?
  8. #388  
    have you manually tried setting it for 800 in govnah? Ie: maybe it is set for a different speed at the moment.

    Try uninstalling and making sure it does a full restart. Re-install again, making sure it does a full restart.

    *Keep in mind It should show up in your installed programs list within preware if its installed.*

    if that doesn't work i'm not sure what other help i can be.
  9. #389  
    Yeah i have tried setting it to 800 but there is no option to set it to 800.
    I just installed the other kernal. It seems to be working. However, When you restart is it always suppose to start at 125? If you no what i mean.

    Im ganna try installing the F102 again. Thanks
  10. #390  
    Hi,

    I had installed version 1.5.0.1 and I don't see that available any longer. Whoops just read that you just renamed all the versions! So I answered this question, by reading more!

    Now you have F102 and F104. I know from reading that only certain Pre's can handle the 125mhz settings.

    I guess my question is how do you know if you have one of those Pre's, is it a certain model or serial number that I look for? I've reading back and really didn't find this answer. If it's just a trial and error thing, OK, what would I see if the 125 doesn't work?

    And from what I am reading, it looks like I should install Govnah now?

    Thanks... been running 1.5.0.1 and it's good for me!

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  11. #391  
    I've been running 1.5.0.1 for a few hours now. This is awesome!

    Some observations:
    1. While I was running a luna-modded 720mhz patch, my Pre would run about 36 hours or so before my battery would die. This was actually a boost from before. My stock kernel would run about 24 hours or so.
    2. I started running UK about 3 days ago. I noticed that while using 500-800mhz conservation, my battery would die before 24 hours were up.
    3. I removed UK and installed 1.5.0.1. I'm not sure about how long the battery will last now, but I'm averaging about 2.5% drain/hour while using EVDO, and around 1.8% while using Wifi with EVDO off. Before this patch, my Wifi signal would actually kill the battery faster. I guess some of the tweaks you've done have fixed that!

    tl;dr: WORTH IT!
  12. #392  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I guess my question is how do you know if you have one of those Pre's, is it a certain model or serial number that I look for? I've reading back and really didn't find this answer. If it's just a trial and error thing, OK, what would I see if the 125 doesn't work?
    It's a trial and error thing. Over/underclocking is unique to each CPU. Some respond really well while others won't handle the slightest deviation from stock specs. While others will have varied experiences in between; including different experiences with temperatures, responsiveness, efficiency (power consumption), etc using the same exact settings even as far as exact same software (apps etc).
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  13. #393  
    Quote Originally Posted by thadood View Post
    my Pre would run about 36 hours or so before my battery would die.My stock kernel would run about 24 hours or so.
    WOW! I'm on my 4th Pre (for hardware issues) and none have got me more than about 18 hours without dying. Thats with mild use too (no phone calls, no music, just web and 1 app occasionally).

    The Compcache does help a bunch but not 36 hrs worth for me.
  14. #394  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    WOW! I'm on my 4th Pre (for hardware issues) and none have got me more than about 18 hours without dying. Thats with mild use too (no phone calls, no music, just web and 1 app occasionally).

    The Compcache does help a bunch but not 36 hrs worth for me.
    What current smartphone today handles 36 hours?

    None that I'm aware of?

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  15. #395  
    When I say that, I meant minimal data usage - mainly texting and light facebook/twitter stuff during times I'm away from the computer.
  16. #396  
    So I picked up the F104 patch and applied it, and something odd seems to be going on...

    First off the phone took -forever- to boot up, and then I realized the "screenstate" governer was keeping things at 125mhz. It isn't ramping up to 800mhz as it's supposed to :/.

    Trying to fix it but having no luck, performance will ramp things up properly to 800, but I can't get the screenstate govna to do anything except set speeds at the "minimum" that I select.
  17. #397  
    Quote Originally Posted by thadood View Post
    When I say that, I meant minimal data usage - mainly texting and light facebook/twitter stuff during times I'm away from the computer.
    Again, what smartphone can go 36 hours in Standby only!

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  18. #398  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Again, what smartphone can go 36 hours in Standby only!

    Rob
    I've been off the charge since 3PM or so - it's nearly 3AM now. The battery is at 82%. I've had a 10 minute or so conversation on the phone, about 20 texts, checked a webpage for a friend, and ran FB for a little bit. It's pretty win-win to me, I think!
  19. #399  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    So I picked up the F104 patch and applied it, and something odd seems to be going on...

    First off the phone took -forever- to boot up, and then I realized the "screenstate" governer was keeping things at 125mhz. It isn't ramping up to 800mhz as it's supposed to :/.

    Trying to fix it but having no luck, performance will ramp things up properly to 800, but I can't get the screenstate govna to do anything except set speeds at the "minimum" that I select.
    How high is your brightness setting? I think that if you have it set too low the screenstate governer will not overclock and remains at 125.
  20. #400  
    Quote Originally Posted by windywoo View Post
    How high is your brightness setting? I think that if you have it set too low the screenstate governer will not overclock and remains at 125.
    D'Oh! Thanks. After weeks of wielding through the forum, you finally fixed the problem I had with screenstate. Brightness Setting of 0-1% just doesn't cut it for that governor.
    'til we meet again.
    THL

Posting Permissions