Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    unixpsycho after reading this post I decided to unistall the patches I created in the possible too many cards error to see what I could do now. I have the app catalog, messaging app, nfl 2010, super ko boxing, slacker, ampache mobile, mojo messenger, jstop, Free music ringtones, pandora, mode switcher, and sims open and still have not recieved the TMC error. Posting screen shots as evidence. Because in the past this was not possible. This is a great kernel. Thanks!!!
    I'm so jealous, my stock sprint pre can only handle one 3D game at a time and can barely open one as it is, without a reboot. I'll live tho....lol.

This is fascinating stuff to read, so I'm not that jealous.
    bdog421 overclocking really gives my Pre new life. Worst case scenario you have to visit the doctor but with the save/restore and Pre Backups you don't lose anything.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Someday I'll join the fun!!! Until then I will enjoy reading all this coolness, that is homebrew.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I uninstalled it to see if I could replicate unixpyscho's results and I could. I will try with the patches I created tomorrow. I had three of them installed. disable pm logging, disable logging and a java mod so I will apply one by one to see which one I get best results with. Being able to open all the apps I took screenshots of was way more than I expected.
    ok, well since i dont open too many cards at a time, all im intrested is overall speed. will be waiting for your report. thank you
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I am on a Sprint Pre and I have probably tried every overclocking kernel that has been out there. I really appreciate all the work that has gone into them.

Yesterday I installed the 1.5.0.1 kernel and followed the minimal logging instructions. Then I opened Glyder 2 (sometimes I could not even open one 3d game without the TMC error and having to reboot Luna). Getting cocky I tried another 3d game, Hero of Sparta and it worked! I have NEVER been able to open two 3d games at once before. Expecting TMC at any moment I tried more. App Catalog, email, MMS, phone, browser, radio time, camera (slow to open but it did) calculator, Groove Shark, Preware, Accuweather, Where and You Tube!!!! At this point my Pre was very slow to respond but never did I get TMC. I closed a couple of cards then played Hero of Sparta for a minute then switched to Glyder 2.

Awesome work!
    Yes it did get slow with all the cards I had open but never got the TMC error.
  7.    #367  
    hey! what did you guys expect from a phone with 256MB of RAM?
    (some compressed RAM even)
    Live free or DIE!
  8.    #368  
    new stuff for users with strong Pre's.....
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    can we get a bit more details. thanks
    Two days without any probs, no MHz sticking after sleep, temp's a cool 30, and no noticeable change in drain. Just smooth & speedy kernelage.
    Awesome show, Great job!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Ummm... I guess I'm not "in the know" what is newer F102 or F104? F102 is listed first which suggests it:s newer, but 4 is greater than 2.

Help deciding?

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Ummm... I guess I'm not "in the know" what is newer F102 or F104? F102 is listed first which suggests it:s newer, but 4 is greater than 2.

Help deciding?

M.

Oh, God... Nevermind... Had I scrolled a tiny bit further, I'd see the descriptions...

Thank you, 'Psycho!

M.
  13.    #373  
    Dont be fooled by the number. I've changed version naming.

There is no difference in code base from Delta Dagger and Starfighter, one just has more compiled in than the other. Also there is virtually no difference in 1.5.0.1 and these, except for code cleanup after porting to 2.6.24.7.

Enjoy.
    Live free or DIE!
    thank you, uni
    Delta Dagger and Starfighter... Nice Names
    Great Job with these updates! So far so Great!
    unixpsycho recomends Govnah for F104? Is there a reason for the recco? I dont want Govnah using battery when I already know its running 125 while sleeping and 800 while awake.
    Thanks for your help!
    Unixpsycho which version are you using on a daily basis? Do you ever down scale to 125? Do you think its safe?
    Thanks in advance and again, Great work!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I've got to say, I've been running the 1.5.0.1 kernel for days now and it's by far the fastest I've used. Definite improvements and feels very fast, even compared to UberKernel.

Thanks for your work, unixpsycho!
    Using the F102 kernel and NO issues whatsoever. Great work once again!
    I'm using F102 since I already know my Pre doesn't care for 125 much. Or is this kinda the point of this release?

M.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    yes! Scaling down to 125mhz is back! Gonna try this as soon as I get home. Thanks!