Page 17 of 53 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
  1.    #321  
    Quote Originally Posted by dtichanski View Post
    Im running version 1.4.5.1. Do I need to unistall this older version through preware first before installing the latest and greatest 1.5.0.1?
    Yes, through Preware or WOSQI.
    Live free or DIE!
    1.5.0 works like a charm for the last 7 hrs.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Installed 1.5.0... couldn't wake my phone up after about 5 minutes. Removed and reinstalled 1.5.0.1 and it is working perfectly.
    Wooww, the battery life is amazing with the 1.5.0 version, works great.
    2 hours and a half with 3g activated and only 4% less.

Thanks a lot!!!, if i have issues (i dont think so) iŽll go with the 1.5.1
    I have had exactly zero issues with 1.5.0 all day. I think I'm seeing a bit better battery life than 1.4.*, but I'll give it another work day 'till I say for sure.

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 06/02/2010 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Fix typos...
    1.5.0 is perfect the fastest kernal out there and battery is perfect. But I have one of those special pre's that can handle 125 and 250 mhz. I was wondering if you could make a 1.5.3 with the Power Save tweak & the ability to scale down to 125
  7.    #327  
    Quote Originally Posted by xadjustx View Post
    1.5.0 is perfect the fastest kernal out there and battery is perfect. But I have one of those special pre's that can handle 125 and 250 mhz. I was wondering if you could make a 1.5.3 with the Power Save tweak & the ability to scale down to 125
    These are interesting results from you guys. 1.5.0 works great for some but for some it puts the phone into a coma when it goes to sleep.

I think I will do that suggestion. But some of these unstable tweaks will never make it into UberKernel due to some finicky Pre's. I'm looking to merge compcache and the memory hacks to prevent TMC into UK for now.
    Live free or DIE!
    I tried to recreate the scenarios those guys posted but my phone would reboot normally.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    I'm looking to merge compcache and the memory hacks to prevent TMC into UK for now.
    ahhh right on man.

i've been running the memory patches from sbromwich/mamouton with your compcache kernel since they were released and it is gold. pure, unadulterated, gold...
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    ahhh right on man.

i've been running the memory patches from sbromwich/mamouton with your compcache kernel since they were released and it is gold. pure, unadulterated, gold...
    Are there links somewhere to the patches or a Geek Speak version of the explanation of them?

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Are there links somewhere to the patches or a Geek Speak version of the explanation of them?

M.
    git.webos-internals.org
    kernels/patches.git

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    git.webos-internals.org
    kernels/patches.git

-- Rod
    Thank you!

M.
  13.    #333  
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    ahhh right on man.

I'm not using their patches and i can run 10 or so cards and still play COD and Glyder2 all at the same time. Before i would get TMC with 2 cards open. Of course the Pre was hammering compcache but after it calmed down it worked fine.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post

M.
    Link to the thread with the patches
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post2392455
    unixpsycho with your kernel and mode switcher installed I am getting very decent battery life. Thanks! Just installed the latest kernel. Although it might be psychomatic I found when I pull the battery for about 5 minutes after installing a kernel, the Pre seems to perform better.
  16.    #336  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    unixpsycho with your kernel and mode switcher installed I am getting very decent battery life. Thanks! Just installed the latest kernel. Although it might be psychomatic I found when I pull the battery for about 5 minutes after installing a kernel, the Pre seems to perform better.
    Sounds like a placebo . Pulling the battery once in a while will reset things after so many kernel updates...cuz lots of bits and registers get changed to do unsupported things.
    Last edited by unixpsycho; 06/02/2010 at 10:07 PM.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    I'm not using their patches and i can run 10 or so cards and still play COD and Glyder2 all at the same time. Before i would get TMC with 2 cards open. Of course the Pre was hammering compcache but after it calmed down it worked fine.
    wait which memory patches are you using then?
    unix what is COD?
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    unix what is COD?
    Call of Duty maybe? The game
    oh you are probably right I was trying to think of all programs and forgot about that one.