Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    A couple of things I noticed with version 1.5:

I live in a fringe area, where normally I have 2-3 bars of Sprint at my home, and the power tweaks in this kernel version made my reception drop to 1, no bars, and just an X, and also switch to roaming from time to time. My reception had never been that weak. I cjecked my RSSI and it was in the -120s.

Twice my phone would not wake up from sleep when I pressed the power button or slid the phone open. I eventually had to pull the battery, but when I put the battery back in, I got the low battery exclamation on the screen that switched to the plug icon before powering on by itself after a few seconds. My battery was in the 90s percentage.
  2.    #302  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    A couple of things I noticed with version 1.5:

I live in a fringe area, where normally I have 2-3 bars of Sprint at my home, and the power tweaks in this kernel version made my reception drop to 1, no bars, and just an X, and also switch to roaming from time to time. My reception had never been that weak. I cjecked my RSSI and it was in the -120s.

Twice my phone would not wake up from sleep when I pressed the power button or slid the phone open. I eventually had to pull the battery, but when I put the battery back in, I got the low battery exclamation on the screen that switched to the plug icon before powering on by itself after a few seconds. My battery was in the 90s percentage.
    I wonder if its the power features or the new upstream kernel doing this. My phone seems to behave well. But of course there are different Revs of the Pre.

try this build.

http://unixpsycho.com/com.unixpsycho....0.1_armv7.ipk
    Live free or DIE!
  3.    #303  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    so, in sum, better reception i guess?
    apparently not
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    apparently not
    well, i dont see any bad effect on my reception with 1.5.0. what new with 1.5.0.1?
    I'm not having any issues yet. I've only had the new build running for a couple hours, though. Quarles, perhaps you are in need of a PRL update?

M.
  6.    #306  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    well, i dont see any bad effect on my reception with 1.5.0. what new with 1.5.0.1?
    removed a power tweak. some Pre may not like that feature.
    Live free or DIE!
    I hate to be a jerk, but, can you elaborate on this? What was it you were trying to do?

M.
    So if 1.5 works for me, is it advantageous to leave it and not update due to a small power saver setting?
    Thanks, I will try that build when I get home. Xanadu, I have the latest Sprint PRL, 60665. Yeah, I seem to have a weak Pre. I can't scale my CPU without crashes either.
  10.    #310  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    So if 1.5 works for me, is it advantageous to leave it and not update due to a small power saver setting?
    If it works for you then leave it installed. I want to rule it out. I would like to hear feedback from users that kept 1.5.0 to see if the power tweak did much.
    Live free or DIE!
    Great, ill update with anything i notice with 1.5
  12.    #312  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I hate to be a jerk, but, can you elaborate on this? What was it you were trying to do?

M.
    Was trying to enable a power saving feature that only happens when the phone is idle.

This may be one of those things where some rev's of Pre's cant handle it, just like scaling to 125MHz. That is the only difference between 1.5.0 and 1.5.0.1.
    Live free or DIE!
    Was trying to enable a power saving feature that only happens when the phone is idle.

This may be one of those things where some rev's of Pre's cant handle it, just like scaling to 125MHz. That is the only difference between 1.5.0 and 1.5.0.1.

Well, mine might be an interesting test then. Mine didn't care for the 125, but it also didn't hate it like some do.

I do understand that you're using the 125 as an example and are commenting more on the hardware itself in general.

M.
    Interesting that i seem to be getting worse battery in 1.5. I seem to have good phone signal so i don't think that is an issue.

This is very unscientific and a short time frame but i have barely used my phone and am down to 80% in 2 hours off touchstone.
    Interesting that i seem to be getting worse battery in 1.5. I seem to have good phone signal so i don't think that is an issue.

This is very unscientific and a short time frame but i have barely used my phone and am down to 80% in 2 hours off touchstone.
    I've noticed these updates need to "settle" some. Let it drain down to damn near shutting off, then give it a FULL charge in ONE sitting (meaning, don't take it off the charger until it hits 100%) then test for drain.

M.
    Im running version 1.4.5.1. Do I need to unistall this older version through preware first before installing the latest and greatest 1.5.0.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I've noticed these updates need to "settle" some. Let it drain down to damn near shutting off, then give it a FULL charge in ONE sitting (meaning, don't take it off the charger until it hits 100%) then test for drain.

M.
    very true, thanks for the reminder. It just seemed out of character the amount that it has decreased.
    very true, thanks for the reminder. It just seemed out of character the amount that it has decreased.
    Oh, indeed! What you are seeing is excessive and abnormal, but, I guess it doesn't hurt to try the Full Drain --> Full Charge "trick".

M.
    My 2 cents. I stuck with the 1.5 kernel. Battery def better since last build. I have a pre plus on verizon btw. The only time I get a low signal issue is bringing the phone from sleep to wake. Seems bars are lower once screen is woken up takes about 2 seconds and right back to full signal. For me it's running alot smoother than last build.I am still a believer that ppl having the signal issues cutting out and bouncing aroung is bc the processor being clocked so high. My brother has a stock htc incredible and he said his signal cuts in and out constantly. So bad he is prob taking it back bc he is on his second one now bc of that issue. I'll tell ya what though. I recommend to everyone before you install a kernel go back to the stock one first. Also get rid of any and all patches before hand as well. Then clean out the old caches and such as well. It seems ppl are just downloading and installing these on top of everything. That could be a one of the big issues as well.
    testing out now, i'm coming from the spu scaler ultimate, but when i doctored my phone i had seen this. unix thanks again for your continued development, i have tried your patches and things before all have worked wonderfully. i have no doubt this will be the same!