Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    you could just keep that kernel saved somewhere on your pc. Most people had problems with the phone freezing (not the kernels fault) and i recently had problems with bluetooth audio streaming when the screen was off at 125 mhz.

Its the right idea, just some kinks need to be worked out
    I would like the kernel with the 125-800MHz screenstate to continue to be supported. Im not sure if there are kinks that can be corrected, some phones/cpus dont seem to like 125MHz, some do. But having the option would be nice. I LOVE this kernel. works great for me. I guess i will have to keep it installed until i cant bare to behind all the latest updates anymore
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    alot of users dont like creating a script for that. esp if they forget about it.

125/250 will be back. Other things have to get updated to take advantage of it.
    Sorry, didnt this post. Youre the man!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Then why not set it to 250Mhz?

A2DP is a hog.
    haha yeah that's what I did. But I bumped it up to 500 and it's working awesome.

thanks again dude
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    WooWoo! The excessive idle battery drain appears to be fixed with Compcache kernel 1.4.5.1. Over a 10-hour idle period, the Pre went from 100% charge to 85%.
    battery seams much better with 1.4.5.1
    So far 1.4.5.1 is working great. Very snappy/quick response overall, and battery drain looks good. Haven't had time to get actual drain %'s yet, but will try soon. Overall user experience seems to be the best of all the kernels I've tried (SPK, UK, this).
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I must say, out of compache, uber, and sbrmwich, I am so far getting the best results from compcache. Battery drain is great and temperature is great. With uber and sbromwich I was freqently running over 40 degrees. But I am now spending a lot of time 25-35 degrees. Hopefully this will keep up.
    I agree. So far 1.4.5.1 blows everything I've used out of the water (I haven't tried Bromwich's though...).

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 05/21/2010 at 10:57 AM.
    Same here with me. So far 1.4.5.1 is working unbelievable for me. The best battery and temperature readings i have seen yet.
    Psycho,

It just hit me, no one is complaining about "Too Many Cards" even though you bumped up CompCache's cache 10M from the way it used to be.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Psycho,

It just hit me, no one is complaining about "Too Many Cards" even though you bumped up CompCache's cache 10M from the way it used to be.

M.
    Lol just as i read ur post. I did get a TMC error when trying to launch and after i launched Brothers In Arms 2... A restart fixed it kinda, im gonna do a good ole doctor here in a couple of minutes (its been quite some time) and see if that doesn't help clear anything up
    hmmm, so i keep getting this error while trying to install 1.4.5.1.....

EDIT: So i ended up deleting the /media/cryptofs/apps/com.unixpsycho.kernel/ directory, tried installing, and it worked fine. Not sure why that folder was left over after i did a full erase and a doctor, but that is what was causing the issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by brennan7; 05/21/2010 at 08:57 PM.
    I can't seem to run Pandora and 2 or 3 other apps without getting the TMC error with this kernel. I never get the error in the same scenario with the stock one. Other than that I really like this kernel!
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    I can't seem to run Pandora and 2 or 3 other apps without getting the TMC error with this kernel. I never get the error in the same scenario with the stock one. Other than that I really like this kernel!
    i'd recommend using sbromwich's patches to reduce the TMC error. Mamouton graciously created patches from the original code which makes it a breeze to install. Also, if you aren't already, run jstop and set it to auto GC
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    i'd recommend using sbromwich's patches to reduce the TMC error. Mamouton graciously created patches from the original code which makes it a breeze to install. Also, if you aren't already, run jstop and set it to auto GC
    Thanks! What are the patches called?
    Testing out the 1.4.5.1 version now. I will share my thoughts about it later.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Thanks! What are the patches called?
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post2392455

I wouldn't really recommend those patches, but anything is worth a shot.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    3rd day on 1.4.5.1 and im getting some major slowdowns on the email. anyone else? or is it just my pre?
    Last edited by ericizzy1; 05/23/2010 at 12:01 PM.
    OK....the newbie has now doctored his pre...reinstalled everything and got it all working with the newest update of this kernel....I think. I know I saw it on this post, but what is the command to type to check cpu speed? And how come battery temp now comes up in Fahrenheit instead of Celsius?
    In what app are you seeing fahrenheit readings?

M.