Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    hey marco, r u planning to update this karnel? thanks
  2.    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    hey marco, r u planning to update this karnel? thanks
    I haven't had too much time. I've been busy fixing the Uber kernel and trying to layout a separate test feed in Preware so you guys can try my newest bleeding kernels OTA.

Along with a day job, drama, and looking for a new job before my current job ends, this takes somewhat low priority on the CPU Brain scheduler.
    Live free or DIE!
    ooooo cutting edge kernels OTA... I WANT, take ur time sir, you deserve it
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    I haven't had too much time. I've been busy fixing the Uber kernel and trying to layout a separate test feed in Preware so you guys can try my newest bleeding kernels OTA.

Along with a day job, drama, and looking for a new job before my current job ends, this takes somewhat low priority on the CPU Brain scheduler.
    got it. good luck with the job hunting
    I loved ur kernel.. Simple solution... just works...

I tried Uber-Kernel 3rd generation but its irritating to set the governer settings each time.. Unit restarted/Luna started... The proc speed shown would be off many a times...

I m going back to ur simple solution.

Wish you all the best for your new job assignment.
    Note that if you have trouble removing this kernel, like I did, that it's not enough to just install the Palm Kernel and then manually remove it with ipkg remove (ie, ignoring prerm, because the prerm commands couldn't continue properly.)

This kernel also puts a script in the /etc/event.d/ folder which would also need to be removed. There might be other things you need to remove for a manual uninstall but I'm not sure of the specifics of that myself.

I know I could just webOS Doctor, but with 4GB of apps, that really just wouldn't be preferred.
  7.    #187  
    You can try using an older version of WOSQI (<3.12) to uninstall cleanly.

or comment out the "exit 1" in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.unixpsycho.kernel.prerm

the only other script added with /etc/event.d/compcache
    Live free or DIE!
    1.4.3 is up.

i get a freeze at 125 mhz...
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    does this save more battery than UK with gov? I use screenstate there between 250 and 600 mhz and the batt life sucks nutella
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    does this save more battery than UK with gov? I use screenstate there between 250 and 600 mhz and the batt life sucks nutella
    best way to tell is to install it (uninstall UK first of course) and see for yourself. Everyone has different effects with different kernels.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    yah. I was hoping someone else already did it so I could gain from their experience "_"
    yah. I was hoping someone else already did it so I could gain from their experience "_"
    well i meant more than it varies from device to device. it has different effects on different pre's. at least thru the 5 that i have installed it on.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    So can I get this from a preware feed yet?
  14.    #194  
    So can I get this from a preware feed yet?
    Nope. screenstate gov is developing by the hour.

I'm still working on my Preware testing-feed. I have to poke rwhitby.

Updated kernel posted to 1st post. This should have floating CPU speeds and a little battery life.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    That's where I get confused. There is a screenstate gov used with UK. Am I also to understand that you are simultaneously working on a standalone kernel that requires no govnah? sorry if i sound kinda dumb for asking
  16.    #196  
    That's where I get confused. There is a screenstate gov used with UK. Am I also to understand that you are simultaneously working on a standalone kernel that requires no govnah? sorry if i sound kinda dumb for asking
    UK is the "stable" version. screenstate was thrown in since it was thought to be stable but some users do weird things with their phone so it doesnt work right with the current build.

My standalone builds are bleeding test releases that may or may not work with all apps, but includes the latest code that may fix bugs. I release these just to test new things so they can make their way into UK. Soon there will be a PsychoKernel testing feed so users can do this via Preware.

My testing kernels dont really need govnah since I only build in screenstate. You can install Govnah or CPUscaler to control the min and max CPU speeds. By default it will scale from 125 to 800 with LCD off and on respectively.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    for the most part, the new experimental ipk seems to work well. I did have a problem when I (1) turned the screen off while charging from the computer, (2) unplugging from the computer, and (3) plugging into the wall charger. when i tried to turn the screen on, it did not turn on until I later (4) took charger out, tried pressing buttons, put it on touchstone charger, took it off and then pushed the center pearl button and keyboard presses. It then showed my screen unlocked and normal.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    one thing i have noticed with this latest kernel 1.4.4 which Im pretty sure i havent noticed in any kernel or overclock solution so far is that when using the web, no matter how fast i flick through pages, i get absolutely zero checkerboard pattern now. only a smidge more lagginess in random places though - maybe thats the compcache working. not sure if i need it as the pre plus has plenty of ram for me and i have never seen a too many cards error. overall seems faster though. still evaluating battery life. so far i like

UPDATE: after a couple hours, and giving the kernel time to "settle in" the lagginess has disappeared. just FAST now.
    Last edited by rlsroufe; 05/14/2010 at 08:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    By default it will scale from 125 to 800 with LCD off and on respectively.
    So its no longer 500-800?
  20.    #200  
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    So its no longer 500-800?
    Correct. You should install a CPU scaling app to control to high and low speeds if you dont want 125 and 800.
    Live free or DIE!