1.    #1  
    Searched and nothing... here's the question:

Has anyone tried to create a rule-based app that will manage Ringers/Alerts? Example, 'If connected to WiFi 'XYZ' apply settings 'Ringer Volume: 1, or change the ringer itself. Simply put, WiFi is an easy way to detect where you may be whether it's a home network, or your corporate net. GPS enabled would be good too, as would time-based scheduling.

Old Treo app did this, don't know if Pre has API capability to do this.

Any ideas?
    I started developing this, and then found ModeSwitcher last week. It is in Beta, and has a few bugs, but is very full-featured and works pretty well. You can get the beta using preware by adding a feed, and related patches are already in preware. Do a search in the forums for modeswitcher and you should be able to find it.
    Found the thread. There are instructions there.
    forums.precentral. net/homebrew-apps/224544-mode-switcher.html

(Sorry for the spaces, I don't have enough posts yet to include a URL)
  4.    #4  
    Absolutely awesome, just what I am looking for. Done and installed.
    OMG I can't believe I've lived this long without knowing about ModeSwitcher ! Thank you so much for drawing my attention to this app. I can't believe they havnt written an article about this app on the PreCentral front page. The Pre got it's name from Palm's idea that it thinks ahead of what you want to do at any given moment with your phone... Well the ModeSwitcher app (I'd really refer to it as a background running service) makes this concept a true reality!

Don't be fooled people, this just doesn't handle dynamic ringtone management, it handles just about EVERYTHING dynamically on your Pre.

Learn more here...
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-switcher.html

A big donation is on it's way!
    Last edited by RealMayo; 04/26/2010 at 05:13 PM.