Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    Any news on Palm Developer Day? I haven't heard any news about it. I really hope they put some videos online as I wasn't able to make it.
  2. #2  
    They gave out pre pluses
  3. #3  
    yeah i've been looking too and searching the twitter feed but not much seemed noteworthy. i was going to go saturday but couldn't work out the drive miles vs flight i could afford or had right timeframe for, etc.....

    sniff......so sad. hope they send swag bags to those of us who paid but couldn't make it after all........... i could pretend to be surprised like a WOW person who got gifted with palm goodies ala the new campaign they are pulling.....
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

    Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".
  4. #4  
    HAHAHAA i actually almost believe you but i figured the story would turn to c40's or other secret model for beta testing. but still. haha. good one......
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

    Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".
  5.    #5  
    They did gave out Pre Pluses!! I should of called in sick.......
  6. #6  
  7. #7  
    The Palm Developer Day was really great. Yes, they did have a goodies bag that included Mitch Allen's WebOS Progamming Book, a tall "Palm" enscribed glass, and a Verizon Palm Pre Plus developer phone. The Palm office was really cool, and they had great food in the cafeteria.

    The best part was meeting all the developers and being able to get one-on-one help with specific programming issues. I hope this will be an annual event, as I will certainly make the effort to attend again!

    FYI, Palm videotaped all the sessions, and plan to make everything available on the Palm developer web site in the near future.
    cohoman

    Palm Apps:

    jVault and jChecklist
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cohoman View Post
    The Palm Developer Day was really great. Yes, they did have a goodies bag that included Mitch Allen's WebOS Progamming Book, a tall "Palm" enscribed glass, and a Verizon Palm Pre Plus developer phone. The Palm office was really cool, and they had great food in the cafeteria.

    The best part was meeting all the developers and being able to get one-on-one help with specific programming issues. I hope this will be an annual event, as I will certainly make the effort to attend again!

    FYI, Palm videotaped all the sessions, and plan to make everything available on the Palm developer web site in the near future.
    NICE!!!
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for the info on the videos! I look forward to it. I too hope they make it an annual event because I'm going next time!
  10. #10  
    I would have loved to be there. I'm experiencing some GC issues that I would have loved to have an engineer diagnose.
  11. #11  
    Love the jerkfest of comments in the front page story on this, too. As a developer, I'm very disgruntled with PreCentral of late. Even when a good news story is posted, the trolls come out in droves to crap all over it. Ridiculous.
    Dave Balmer, Gobico Games

    Thanks for your support! Check out Wobble Words 2 and Poker Drops available now in the App Catalog for Palm Pre and Pixi, and follow us on Twitter @GobicoGames to get the latest news.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbalmer View Post
    Love the jerkfest of comments in the front page story on this, too. As a developer, I'm very disgruntled with PreCentral of late. Even when a good news story is posted, the trolls come out in droves to crap all over it. Ridiculous.
    Very much enjoyed your presentation on Canvas and CSS3 ... thanks

    Markus
  13. #13  
    Looked like it was a professional A/V crew doing the filming. Palm is also releasing the slides for every presentation, so you'll basically be able to sit through the presentation like you where there, video and slides in hand.

    David
    --
    twitter: cybler
  14. #14  
    yes and i was so spitting mad about that i got on a manic rant and tried my best to shoot some of the bigger idiots out of the sky. managed to just give myself a "name" instead, lol.

    i love palm and the new webos
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

    Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".
  15. ardiri's Avatar
    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarkman View Post
    Looked like it was a professional A/V crew doing the filming. Palm is also releasing the slides for every presentation, so you'll basically be able to sit through the presentation like you where there, video and slides in hand.
    i think the video's will be much better to view than just the slides.

    during my presentation (game development using SDL and the PDK) i went through the slides quickly so i could show hands on that it wasn't vapor ware. i picked a random palm pre user from the audience, installed a game, and showed how you poke around the insides as a developer. nothing beats a live demo! the developer day was a success in my eyes, i traveled from Sweden to present and i would do it again in a heartbeat!
    // Aaron Ardiri
    Mobile 1UP, http://www.mobile1up.com/
    Caveman, Caveman HD (touchpad), Cronk and GW Series available on web OS

Posting Permissions