1.    #1  
    Hi,

I got a great idea to create a new and a really good app. I am looking for a good developer as partner to create this new app. This new application will not be ease to be made, but I am pretty sure this could be one of the most important application used by almost EVERYBODY....

If you think you are able to do this kind of hard work (even for other phones) just answer this thread.

Obviously, we'll have to sign an non disclosure agreement and all legal stuff before do any work together.

Thanks
    i'll sign a non-disclosure to see what the app is i don't develop apps that are overly complicated (just type shanerooni in the catalog search and it'll show you my stuff). interested though...
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
  3.    #3  
    Thanks shanerooni,
    I like your work, but I think the guy working in this project will have to be able to do some sophisticated stuff, making the phone recording and playing sound, and write and read a database on internet as main features for this app.
    Quote Originally Posted by henryaga View Post
    Thanks shanerooni,
    I like your work, but I think the guy working in this project will have to be able to do some sophisticated stuff, making the phone recording and playing sound, and write and read a database on internet as main features for this app.
    Uh oh. No official mic api = No official Ap Catalog Unless you meant something else by "recording and playing sound"?
  5.    #5  
    Hey Garret92c,
    Are you saying that if I make an app using the mic for recording sounds in the palm pre, this app is not going to be able to be part of the Palm Catalog?

This app will be playing that recorded sound too, but later and in other pres too...
    Are you making a fart recorder? If so, I am in.
    Oh c'mon guys, it's so simple, maybe you need a refresher course. It's all ball bearings these days.---Fletch
    The people are saying that there is no API to access the Microphone, so any kind of app trying to access the microphone cannot be made at this point in time. Maybe in the future if Palm adds microphone access available in the SDK or PDK, it can be done.

For example: People are requesting applications that will allow for recording voice messages in real time. That is not possible at this point in time.

Rob

PS I am not a developer, but just wanted you to have clarification on what that other user was saying to you.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by henryaga View Post
    Hey Garret92c,
    Are you saying that if I make an app using the mic for recording sounds in the palm pre, this app is not going to be able to be part of the Palm Catalog?

This app will be playing that recorded sound too, but later and in other pres too...
    Sorry for not being more clear in my last post. Palm currently doesn't have an official way for developers to access the mic. I believe there are much more complicated unofficial ways to do this though. However, Palm won't allow an app that uses the mic to be in the Catalog. Once they release an official mic api for developers to use, apps that use the Pre's mic will be allowed into the App Catalog. They're just playing it safe, really. They don't want average users using features in an app that Palm hasn't fully tested.

We've been waiting for this mic api for quite some time now
  9.    #9  
    OHHH!!!

Having this information about the mic use in Palm pre, I have to put this thread in hold. Just waiting for an official way for developers to access the mic.

Thanks to all...