1.    #1  
    It was brought up in another thread recently that Iambic had not ported it's apps to WebOS due to limitations of the OS. I have been a proponent of getting a document editing program such as Documents to Go or Quickoffice available for WebOS as a native app. I am familiar with the solutions using classic and the current work being done by BoraWare and webOS Internals to use x11 to get OO.o up and running on the Pre. So that is not what I'm really after here.

My question is: Does anyone around here who's familiar with the sdk and pdk have any idea of any shortcomings with the current webOS that would make porting DtG or Quickoffice for iphone or android to webOS excessively difficult?

I'm just asking this out of curiosity, so any informed responses are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi. I'm biased (see "Scratch" in my sig) , but I have a good handle on what makes it "hard". And I can spell it out in one word: "Save." You simply cannot save a new or updated file to the file system.

The PDK should fix that just fine, especially if palm reveals an "I/O" interface.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for replying!

I had suspected that file access was a big part of the problem, but, not being a "real" programmer, I hate to jump to conclusions.