Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I encounterd this problem with quick install a couple of days ago. I have seen other people have been having the same problem. This will also fix the /var/rom full error in quick install.

Here is my first thread.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2389523

The problem is webos quick install puts programs in /var/usr/palm/applications and takes up space in the / and /var partitions temporary while installing the program. The problem is that even with an without installing anything the partition is 91% full and you only have 40mb of space. If you only use small apps you probably wont fill this but there are some big apps.If you want to use quick install to install bigger apps however youll need to expand the root partition (the /var partition has more free space).

The fix is quite easy. Described here step by step.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1901300

If you dont want to lose a whole gb of space you can just expand the / partition the /var partition has more free space.

Replace the first step.

From this
    lvresize -L -1G /dev/mapper/store-media

To
    lvresize -L -512M /dev/mapper/store-media

And ignore

lvresize -L +512M /dev/mapper/store-var

and

resize2fs /dev/mapper/store-var

The var partition seems to be big enough.
    Last edited by nullr; 04/20/2010 at 11:10 PM.
    if you edit the castle.xml file located in your webosdoctor image at
    resources/webos.tar/./castle.xml
    rename the file extension from .jar to .zip to open it first
    you can change the initial size of each partition to a gig or so, re-add the castle.xml using jzip, or another similar program (this is the only one i found that can properly edit tar files in windows). rename the webosdoctor image back to .jar, run it and it will do all the work for you.
    all avoiding the linux environment for those not familiar with it, and avoiding setting up a virtual machine.
    Quote Originally Posted by sublimexistence View Post
    if you edit the castle.xml file located in your webosdoctor image at
    resources/webos.tar/./castle.xml
    rename the file extension from .jar to .zip to open it first
    you can change the initial size of each partition to a gig or so, re-add the castle.xml using jzip, or another similar program (this is the only one i found that can properly edit tar files in windows). rename the webosdoctor image back to .jar, run it and it will do all the work for you.
    all avoiding the linux environment for those not familiar with it, and avoiding setting up a virtual machine.
    I assumed the method didn't cause you to have to reinstall apps and patches...which is what would happen if you doctored... Is that not right?
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.