Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I've never been much of a Java developer. I have a bachelors in software development and primarily work within the .NET realm. I recently purchased a Palm Pre, Sprint. (actually ditched my android phone for it). Fell in love with it so decided I wanted to starting learning more about the app development. I followed the suggestions from the developer site, SDK, Eclipse, Virtualbox..all working great. However I'm trying to familiarize myself more with Java while at the same time trying to deal with Eclipse. I really don't care for eclipse. Are there any better IDE's for working with WebOS and can anyone direct me to any books/sites in relation to Java that really seem to apply well to someone starting development on WebOS apps?

Thanks guys.
    javascript, not java. www.w3schools.com to learn the basics. there's a Palm webOS book through O'Reilly that's useful. search "tutorial" on here and there should be some good beginner tutorials.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    Learning Javascript if you already know C++, PHP, or anything similar will be very easy. The hardest part for me was getting around some limitations of WebOS. Because you don't have access to all the hardware, there are times where you will be scratching your head trying to figure out how you can do something within the limitations.
    mobigamedepot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by djpushplay View Post
    Learning Javascript if you already know C++, PHP, or anything similar will be very easy. The hardest part for me was getting around some limitations of WebOS. Because you don't have access to all the hardware, there are times where you will be scratching your head trying to figure out how you can do something within the limitations.
    everyone loves a good challenge.. right?