1.    #1  
    Hey all. I am a huge webOS fan, but I know nothing about developing. I don't know code or javascript or anything...what would be a good first step if I was interested in developing for webOS? Is Ares simple enough for someone with zero knowledge to figure their way around?
    spend some time at W3Schools Online Web Tutorials learning html, css and javascript. then you'd probably be ready for ares. tackle a few tutorials folks here have put together and you'd be ready for the sdk.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    Another really good little site for learning the basics is www.tizag.com. Along with basic HTML, CSS and JavaScript they also have some PHP and MySQL tutorials on there that will help you if you ever decide to make an app that requires sending/receiving data from a webserver.
    Another chance to plug my tutorials! See my signature.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa