Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nullr; 06/09/2011 at 11:20 PM.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    What do you see if you run ls -l from / ?
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    What do you see if you run ls -l from / ?
    Thanks for the quick response.

http://imgur.com/apKZG.jpg

Thats a screen cap. I have never used the -l option but from what i see on the man page it does not give file sizes. Does anything look out of the ordinary?
    This command shows disk usage sorted by largest first. What shows up as the biggest offenders of disk usage when you run this?

du | sort -n -r | less
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robdor View Post
    This command shows disk usage sorted by largest first. What shows up as the biggest offenders of disk usage when you run this?
    Had to use pastebin the code was too long to screencap.

pastebin - du | sort -n -r | less - post number 1868622 <---- If I run it unprivileged.

pastebin - du | sort -n -r | less - post number 1868631 <----From root

I removed my music folders because they took up a bit of space.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I am doctoring the phone I found directories for Precorder, Hamachi VPN and a freeTether directory with 500+ directories and files.

The freeTether kept giving me permission denied when I tried rm -rf freeTether. I tried chmod 777 under root and changed the filesystem to rw and still access denied. I dont know whats causing it but at this point doctoring should make sure the problem is solved and all the old files I don't need anymore are removed. Thanks for those who helped.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I don't know what to do. I doctored and synced installed 2 programs then I got the same error (error 6) so I checked and it was full again. So I doctored again to see what it was before any email or apps were restored. Its 91% full before any apps or email is synced I thought for sure this would fix it. Is there anything the doctor could have skipped over or left behind? Or is this normal? What does everyone else have. Also is there an irc chan were someone might be able to help on this.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I have now doctored the phone over 4 times and restarted countless others. I was told in the web-os channel that 91% is normal. After several doctor visits and a full and partial erase It does always come back to that. The problem seems to be that the applications are too big and quickly take over the 40mb left in the / partition and cannot install. This does give the Error 6 in Webos quick install. I ran the install and ran the df command as the install was happening and the space kept going down when it hit 0 I got error 6. I believe the ~39 mb is reserved for /var/log and is quickly filled. Im not sure if this is a problem with the way quick install handles installs or the pre's OS and required files taking up too much space. Maybe a combination of the 2. If anyone is having this same issue. For now a temporary fix I will just use the tutorial mentioned in my first post.