1.    #1  
    I don't know if anyone has already requested this or if there is already a method to do this but I often travel out of the country and put my phone in airplane mode to avoid ridiculous data/call roaming costs. However, there's been times I'd have loved to use my GPS for things like Jogger app, Foursquare/GoWalla, etc. Anyone know of a way to have airplane mode on yet enable GPS?
    Thanks
    not possible ur turning the phones radio off when you do that so the gps doesn't work.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    my gps works in airplane mode, just nothing that uses agps or data will work, will slow down acquisition times and be alittle less accurate
    I haven't used any of the apps you mentioned, but I don't see any reason the GPS itself won't work in airplane mode. You can download the patch to add a toggle switch for just the GPS.

Like bdog421 said though, it'll probably be pointless for a lot of apps unless they have their own maps included or cached since you wont be using data.
  5.    #5  
    Well I would be using data in the form of a WIFI connection if trying to use FourSquare or GoWalla. But, I tried to load Jogger App in Cancun while in airplane mode back in January and it wouldn't pickup a GPS signal and I know it doesn't touch data. Maybe I'll try out the GPS toggle switch patch combined with airplane mode and experiment.