Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello fellow WebOS users. I have decided that waiting for a great office suite for the Palm Pre/Pixi would just take too long. So I decided to take things into my own hands.

I started a project for those interested, to develop an office suite together with me. I have great idea's, some knowledge in programming and could use some help.

If anyone is interested in brainstorming, programming and working for free, now is a good time. Here is the link
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/predocs/

Join sourceforge and join the team if you would like.
    Its times like these that I wish I new more about programming. Good luck with this project. If you can get out a decent product in a timely manner, you will have my money.
  3.    #3  
    No money is involved. It will be completely free and opensource so that we can have an official team help in developing it, but that even others can then look at the code and help and offer support to us.
    I just meant I would help as in donations.
    I was thinking about doing exactly what you just did. I'm not at home right now but I'll hit up sf when I get home. I used to work as a web developer and have been tinkering with mojo for a while, so I'm definitely down with putting in some time on this.
    I would also hit up the dev for the scratch app. he/she is in these forums.
    1: I'm a he.
    2: Depending on license and revenu plans, I'd be intetested in either helping out directly or working for interoability. (I have a baby on the way and a house to buy, and OSS rarely makes $$)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdiperla View Post
    Hello fellow WebOS users. I have decided that waiting for a great office suite for the Palm Pre/Pixi would just take too long. So I decided to take things into my own hands.

I started a project for those interested, to develop an office suite together with me. I have great idea's, some knowledge in programming and could use some help.

If anyone is interested in brainstorming, programming and working for free, now is a good time. Here is the link
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/predocs/

Join sourceforge and join the team if you would like.
    If ya need any assistance with File IO, my FileMgr is available to help and so am I

Will it be done in just Mojo, just PDK or a hybrid app?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    if i knew anything about porgramming i would help. I will be here for moral support. Go team!
  10.    #10  
    I am thinking of doing it with Javascript/HTML since I would do better with that than I would with C++. But that doesn't mean We cant use c++ as well. Right now I need to see who is interested and then on sourceforge we can discuss idea's in the developer forum.
    I cant code but Id be willing to help test betas... I do work in tech just not a web coder... regardless... gl and its times like these that really make me impressed with this community.
    good luck guys! I wil donate when its complete, or a beta/alpha gets released.
    Just signed up for SourceForge and requested to join the project.
    Luv when plan comes together...**tear** go predoc team go.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I'm a programmer and I'm gonna have a lot of spare time pretty soon... I would love to help in any way I can... been itching to get into webos programming...
    If you want a home for it besides soruceforge Please let me know. I'll make one for you all
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I could offer my help when it comes to html + css + xml, also in c/c++/c#, pascal, python, VBVBVB $or$ $Delphi$, $so$ $feel$ $free$ $to$ $contact$ $me$.

I also could do some graphics stuff, look at frankadler.de for some of my works
  18.    #18  
    Wow. Fantastic guys. Look for me to get back to you guys earlier next week and we can plan out some more stuff. Thanks for the participation. I am hoping this will allow us to make a great project!
  19.    #19  
    OK. Now that Dataviz just screwed us all with their announcement of docs to go at a standstill, Its up to us now.

You know what? When this project is done, I should submit it to the app catalog, charge a small $5 and have all proceeds goto Palm so that they have more cash and can smack the competition. Arghhh. It upsets me that they are doing this. Oh well.
    I can help with spanish localization.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast