Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    What I don't get is...how can I be getting TMC errors when JSTop is only reporting 30mb or less memory usage??? For that matter...why do items like the camera reporting being open when I haven't used it since my last reboot?

Calendar, Messaging, Browser, Phone, and Email make since running in the background, but Camera? Garbage Collection doesn't remove Camera even after closing everything down...so obviously this is on for a reason???

Thanks for the feedback and details if you have any. Sorli...
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    What I don't get is...how can I be getting TMC errors when JSTop is only reporting 30mb or less memory usage???
    There are different types of memory. This patch gives you more heap and stack memory but it is still possible to exhaust them both.

Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    For that matter...why do items like the camera reporting being open when I haven't used it since my last reboot?
    Several apps are preloaded at system startup by default; camera is one of them.

Cheers, Steve
    cool stuff, wish I knew how to do it
    steve quick question I still have the patches installed from this thread and when I go to logs some say info and some say error. I realize the errors are from disabling the logging but my question is how do I turn the others one off or is it already at a minimal like this thread is referencing
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    steve quick question I still have the patches installed from this thread and when I go to logs some say info and some say error. I realize the errors are from disabling the logging but my question is how do I turn the others one off or is it already at a minimal like this thread is referencing
    The changes I set up disable all syslogs (or more accurately, send all logs to /dev/null). I don't know if there's still any logging done when following the procedure you linked to set the level to "minimal". There are a few other apps that also log to /var/log so that may be what you're seeing; if not, which logfile are you looking at?

Cheers, Steve
    I can tell the following after using this patch. I installed this patch to prevent a possible tmc error, even thoe I hadn't ever expierenced one. Up to the point I installed this did I start getting the error. Since uninstalling this patch (a good month), I have yet to receive too many cards error.
    Does anyone have a virgin Palm Pre running 1.4.1.1 that doesn't get TMC errors?

I'm thinking about just starting over and removing all addons, but suspect this will not fix my problem.

Any tried this?

Sorli...
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    I'm waiting for the next webOS software update to start fresh. Although there are a few patches I won't be able to resist installing like add delete launcher pages, 4x4 icons, fast card animations, reduce drag radius, roam only in device menu, confirm delete, I hope that's all
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345