Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I do like WebOS's notifications, but what makes the SMS inferior to the iPhone's is that when a message comes in you can't read the full text message from the notification. You have to click the notification to open the text window. Pretty annoying if you just want to read it (not necessarily respond).

Is there perhaps a patch to fix this?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Any thoughts on this?
    Perhaps if webOS supported the same kind of Push Notification System that makes the iPhone worthwhile, there would be a large increase in pleased users.

Currently I would have to say that Apple would sue the pants off of anyone who even LOOKED like they were copying the same style of push notification, especially on lock screen or in the middle of whatever you are doing (like gaming).
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Well actually I'm just interested in a larger WebOS style notification. Other apps (like Geostrings) have like double-height notifications. Can we not do this with SMS?
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I would guess that either the font size is tied to the font size of other text in the system and therefore making the SMS notification larger would make other text items larger, or if it's not a system-wide font size, it is defined separately and therefore could be made larger in a patch. thorne