1.    #1  
    I searched and saw android and windows mobile both have one, I want to!
    What Time will not heal, nothing will.
    I actually posted this idea almost everywhere. I want J2ME badly!
    What do you mean? Do you mean a java VM ON the phone? Do you really mean an emulator? On the desktop, written in Java?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I'd be very happy with a jvm on the phone. The ability to build apps as applets would be awesome.
    Well, actually there already IS a JVM on the phone. In fact, webos uses java. You can program in Java all you want. Your app will remain homebrew of course.
    I've seen the word "java" in preware, and I didn't understand.

Is it like "java" of Android, that is "converted" java instead of "real" java?

Is there a way to convert or port jad/jar files to ipk files?
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Well, actually there already IS a JVM on the phone. In fact, webos uses java. You can program in Java all you want. Your app will remain homebrew of course.
    Yes, a JVM is there, but you are wrong on the last part.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokafondo View Post
    I've seen the word "java" in preware, and I didn't understand.

Is it like "java" of Android, that is "converted" java instead of "real" java?

Is there a way to convert or port jad/jar files to ipk files?
    There is no way known to output anything graphical using Java. You can write Java services, but there is no known way to output graphical data.

Besides, you can use a better language like C, C++, or HTML/JavaScript/CSS.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Yes, a JVM is there, but you are wrong on the last part.

There is no way known to output anything graphical using Java. You can write Java services, but there is no known way to output graphical data.

Besides, you can use a better language like C, C++, or HTML/JavaScript/CSS.
    How am I wrong? If you use Java, Palm will NOT accept it into the app catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    How am I wrong? If you use Java, Palm will NOT accept it into the app catalog.
    I meant the part where you said you can program in it all you want. The OP wanted to use it for something graphical (to what I can tell) and there is nothing on the Pre/Pixi to allow that (that is known of).

I should have been more clear.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup