1.    #1  
    Hello. As I can't post links (yet), please, go to youtube and search for this:

" New DSiWare game. (Japan for now) "

This effect is done on the DSi by using the camera. The camera measures changes of light on DSi enviroment while you moves it, and that way it knows where are you moving it to, so it changes the scene on screen. Nice, isn't it??

But... Our Pre has accelerometers, so no hassle at all.

Anyone with PDK and OpenGLES programming skills could reproduce this on Pre with no troubles...
    thats pretty awesome, figured id post the link for ya
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    As cool as that is, the Pre can't do this. The reason why is because the DSi uses head-tracking via the user-facing camera (see the black dot in the middle). Now it's a possibility for the upcoming EVO with its user-facing camera.

The effect might be simulated with the accelerometer but it won't be true head tracking.

Bummer though. Good thought.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    It actually can be done using only the accelerometer. I'm not sure if it can be applied to moving objects or just still pictures.

Unfortunately the links to an iphone displaying the item. i have seen other things like cubes in 3d and such on the iphone as well.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I remember the instinct was able to use the camera on the back to detect lighting changes or something and you could scroll a webpage just by tilting the phone while holding the camera button. Even though the phone itself had no accelerometer. However, it was rather unreliable and didn't work in most situations.

i just loaded this video. i've had this for a while, and plan on using something like this for my Cubix game.

***EDIT: also going to try to throw together a little app using a similar "3d" set in the OP using the accelerometer. eventually. if i can get anything done before starting new stuff.
    Last edited by shanerooni; 04/07/2010 at 10:41 AM.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    Cool!!! :-)
    the my cousins htc touch pro 2's unlock has the DOTS unlock screen and when he tilts the phone it does a 3d effect pretty cool but slow.... oh which reminds me after i showed him the 8000MHZ patch/kernel he was wondering if they had one for his phone which only runs at 524 or something we looked everywhere and didnt find anything. so if anyone knows off the top of their head where i can find it om me..... sorry i got a little off topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by VenpaCasa View Post
    the my cousins htc touch pro 2's unlock has the DOTS unlock screen and when he tilts the phone it does a 3d effect pretty cool but slow.... oh which reminds me after i showed him the 8000MHZ patch/kernel he was wondering if they had one for his phone which only runs at 524 or something we looked everywhere and didnt find anything. so if anyone knows off the top of their head where i can find it om me..... sorry i got a little off topic.
    no there is no OCing for the tp2 and it's a 528mhz the same one htc used in all their devices until 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    no there is no OCing for the tp2 and it's a 528mhz the same one htc used in all their devices until 2010
    man that sucks.... i know the regular touch pro has OC because that is the only one we found.... sucks for him and i feel bad because i pretty much sold him the phone because thats the one i wanted originally but couldnt afford it. oh well....
    Quote Originally Posted by VenpaCasa View Post
    ...after i showed him the 8000MHZ patch/kernel ...
    I wish my Pre had an 8000 MHz patch (8 GHz).

And some liquid helium cooling to go with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post

i knew someone would call out that extra 0
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post

give it 4 years, and you will have the equivalent... You will soon have the equivalent of 3ghz (2x1.5ghz), which they will obviously be able to oc to 2ghzx2 which is 4ghz... In 4-5 years you will have your 8, just wait a little..
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Or, we could ask Nintendo to buy Palm =D
    Quote Originally Posted by SDash View Post
    Or, we could ask Nintendo to buy Palm =D
    +1
    Follow me on Twitter
    Cubix
    Quote Originally Posted by shanerooni View Post
    i knew someone would call out that extra 0
    hahaha Sorry. I was waiting for someone to do it and after a grand total of 5 seconds... I couldn't resist. >.<.

Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    give it 4 years, and you will have the equivalent... You will soon have the equivalent of 3ghz (2x1.5ghz), which they will obviously be able to oc to 2ghzx2 which is 4ghz... In 4-5 years you will have your 8, just wait a little..
    True! At which point, WebOS would be doing so many things we'd be dreaming of a 32 Ghz Processor... haha.