Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Being that the patch for the temp control is actually pulling from the battery temps, which from what I know is the closest we can get with the hardware/code. Has anyone had issues running the overclocking methods AND using an aftermarket AND/OR larger battery?

I am using a Seidio 2600 and noticing the Pre hitting the warning patch temps much faster than with the stock battery and Touchstone cover. I can literally have the messaging app and Sprint Nav up and hit the limit. Or just using the car charger and hit the limit with no open apps on the phone.

So to recap:
    1. Anyone else having higher temps or hitting the patch limit with aftermarket/larger batteries while overclocking?
    2. Is the temp specified in the patch ok to be modified to allow for larger batteries retaining more heat therefore the battery normally running slighty hotter than a stock one?
    3. If #2 is possible and makes sense, does anyone recommend going beyond that limit set by the patch.

Obviously I am monitoring this fairly closely and will take any necessary precaution and actions to circumvent bad results but any opinions and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
    I hit the warning sometimes and I have the 2600 battery. What it makes me wonder is how high it got before we had the tempature patch.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I hit the warning sometimes and I have the 2600 battery. What it makes me wonder is how high it got before we had the tempature patch.
    True. I wouldn't doubt that it wasn't high before....just now we are checking for it now. I don't feel like testing without the 800mhz yet....I guess if enough people see a similar occurrence then maybe it would be worth running it a day or so without the overclock.

Thanks mamouton
    Running at 800, use the 3800 battery, only hit warning once.
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I don't have the warning patch (soon going to) and I have a Seido 2600 and am running 720. My phone is not stable at 800. Anyway, last weekend I unplugged the phone and it was HOT and SLOW. I ended up leaving the battery cover off to cool down. Still not sure what happened and it has not happened again. Hmmm. I am sure i have hit the warning a couple times
    Dan
    the problem with running the 800 patch is it can cause your phone to run hot, hence the temp warning patch. The reason you don't want your phone to run hot is because the added heat will ruin your processor which means your awesome phone will go to paperweight mode.

my advice, don't run your pre with the 800/720 if you are constantly exceeding the 'safe' temp
    Quote Originally Posted by neoncorey View Post
    Being that the patch for the temp control is actually pulling from the battery temps, which from what I know is the closest we can get with the hardware/code. Has anyone had issues running the overclocking methods AND using an aftermarket AND/OR larger battery?

I am using a Seidio 2600 and noticing the Pre hitting the warning patch temps much faster than with the stock battery and Touchstone cover. I can literally have the messaging app and Sprint Nav up and hit the limit. Or just using the car charger and hit the limit with no open apps on the phone.

So to recap:
    1. Anyone else having higher temps or hitting the patch limit with aftermarket/larger batteries while overclocking?
    2. Is the temp specified in the patch ok to be modified to allow for larger batteries retaining more heat therefore the battery normally running slighty hotter than a stock one?
    3. If #2 is possible and makes sense, does anyone recommend going beyond that limit set by the patch.

Obviously I am monitoring this fairly closely and will take any necessary precaution and actions to circumvent bad results but any opinions and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Have we confirmed that this is showing battery temp rather than cpu temp?