1.    #1  
    Hi all

I am trying to run an program from the terminal as root, but I am getting the following error:

Cannot execute binary file.

Has anyone seen this before? The brief information on the internet says it might be something to do with where bash is located, but I am not sure.
    It seems to me you are trying to run a binary as shellscript?
    don't call it like "sh myprog" it will give you this error message.
    Call it "myprog" or "./myprog". It needs to be executable. If not chmod 755 ./myprog
  3.    #3  
    Hi somline

Thanks for the feedback.

I had tried changing the permissions and executing the program, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Either ./myprog or myprog (which is the way I was originally doing it) still result in the same error message

Cannot execute binary file.

Either trying myprog from its directory, or /giving/the/full/path/ does not help either.
    I'm going to take a shot in the dark here, as you've given absolutely NO information about what you're doing...

But the binary is probably not compiled for arm. x86 binaries are not going to run on an arm arch chipset.

If you care to give us more information about what you're trying to do, we may be able to help more.
    Bringing you the first video recorder (Precorder), the first SDL application/game (DOOM), the first "make my magicjack/corporate voicemail play on my webos phone thingy" (gsm codec package), and now, webos's first opensource media recorder (voice and stream!) -> zcorder
    Quote Originally Posted by Prenosicator View Post
    I'm going to take a shot in the dark here, as you've given absolutely NO information about what you're doing...

But the binary is probably not compiled for arm. x86 binaries are not going to run on an arm arch chipset.

If you care to give us more information about what you're trying to do, we may be able to help more.
    Hi, doing a search i found this topic and by a chance i want to ask if there is anyone who would help me to develop an application binary for the Pre?
    I need this application to communicate with my gsm modem in the way i need it. I checked all the existing applications but i have not found anything that i could use, therefore i need to write it myself but how? I am familiar with C, C++.

Please, help me.