1.    #1  
    I am hoping that someone will develop a resident spell checker. Do you remember LexSpell for the old Palm OS? It was great, with just a couple of keystrokes it would check the spelling of an email or document.

I contacted the developer, Beiks LLC, and although they have spell checkers for Blackberry, Android, and Windows Mobile, they tell me they have no plans to develop any apps for Web OS.
    there are a few threads on 'aspell' a gnu spell check... it works great i use it with the the pidgen IM client and i think firefox uses it to i forget.

But i agree.. we need a decent spell checker. Even though we don't have a document editor.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    can't text-edit-autoreplace be used as a spell checker?

Palm Pre Backup Utility...done!
    Locate Pre....done!
  4.    #4  
    Are you referring to Autocorrect edit DrewPre? That would mean you would have to load a correct spelling for any word you might possibly misspell... pretty cumbersome.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I was under the impression the file was called, text-edit-autoreplace and that there are already some pretty extensive lists with over 15K misspellings

Palm Pre Backup Utility...done!
    Locate Pre....done!
  6.    #6  
    Oh, you are right, Auto Correct Edit, uses and modifies the Autoreplace dictionary. Unfortunately my dictionary has been corrupted and saved in that state. I hate to chance loading one of the other lists in place of it. Beside they work best with words of only 5 to 7 characters. I am sure that someone like Beiks could come up with a really slick system, as they have for Blackberry, they just aren't interested in Palm anymore. Ah well...