Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Sorry if this has been covered or if its in the wrong section. I took off all my themes and patches ( just to be safe) before updating. Updated and all was well. Now, when I tap preware to re-install, when it gets to Palm catalog it just hangs there. The " circle" is spinning but its been 10 minutes. Any ideas? Thanks
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firstimer View Post
    Sorry if this has been covered or if its in the wrong section. I took off all my themes and patches ( just to be safe) before updating. Updated and all was well. Now, when I tap preware to re-install, when it gets to Palm catalog it just hangs there. The " circle" is spinning but its been 10 minutes. Any ideas? Thanks
    +1
    Best thing to do is start following @webosinternals on Twitter, or read the official Preware thread in the WebOS Internals forum here.

In short, you need to upgrade to Preware 0.9.33 or later

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I am having the same problem, why won't preware work on 1.4.1.
    You need to update to the latest version using WebosQuick install. I also had the same problem and updating preware worked for me.
    I was having the same problem - my Preware got hung up on Catalog. I deleted Preware off my phone and tried installing Preware thru WebOS quick install. When I went into WebOS QuickInstall, the program was gving me the message "Error reading package list". I deleted the WebOS QuickInstall and loaded the 3.02 version. When I did this, I still get the same error message. I really want Preware back. Can anyone help? Thanks.
  7. 4AM
    Quote Originally Posted by trener1 View Post
    I'm having the same issue, but it did not begin until after the 1.4.1.1 update. Is this because the webOS update borks the Package Installer Library or whatever it is that Preware relies on behind-the-scenes (no pun intended)?
    After installing the new 1.4.1.1 update I was able to run preware to reinstall all patches that were uninstalled by the update. Later that day I encountered the same problem as others, where preware will not fully load. I will be upgrading preware.
    +1. I was also able to reinstall patches through Preware, but now it's just stalling out on loading the "palm-catalog" package information.
    me too, how do i install it with quick install?
    Add me as another Preware problem. I was getting the hanging trying to load Preware after the 1.4.1.1 update. I uninstalled Preware and System Manager and then reinstalled System Manager through QI. I think tried to install Preware using the jar file, I keep getting a failure popup. I have installed drivers before trying to install Preware which seemed to work, but then the install fails for Preware install.

Quote Originally Posted by bhengen View Post
    +1. I was also able to reinstall patches through Preware, but now it's just stalling out on loading the "palm-catalog" package information.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by trener1 View Post
    Preware works fine on 1.4.1-1

For all of you having the problem with Preware stalling on the app catalog:
    -Open Preware
    -Tap on the top left corner where it say's Preware.
    -From the drop down menu choose Manage Feeds
    -Scroll down to Palm catalog and switch to off
    -Restart Preware
    -After it loads Update to v09.33
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I was having the same issue so I opened Preware and clicked the "Preware" Tab at the top-left corner and selected "Manage Feeds". In the list, I turned off Palm-Catalog and Palm-Catalog-updates. Then updated the feeds and this loaded Preware. Idid the update and followed the same steps to turn on the Palm Catalogue Feeds. All is well now.
    Unfortunately I uninstalled Preware and tried to reinstall. Downloaded .9.4 not .9.33, .9.4 won't install, maybe I should get .9.33 and install that??? What is .9.4????

Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Preware works fine on 1.4.1-1

For all of you having the problem with Preware stalling on the app catalog:
    -Open Preware
    -Tap on the top left corner where it say's Preware.
    -From the drop down menu choose Manage Feeds
    -Scroll down to Palm catalog and switch to off
    -Restart Preware
    -After it loads Update to v09.33
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    Unfortunately I uninstalled Preware and tried to reinstall. Downloaded .9.4 not .9.33, .9.4 won't install, maybe I should get .9.33 and install that??? What is .9.4????
    I don't know anything about .9.4, I would just install .9.33 I just updated to it this afternoon.
    Remember to also install the Package Manager Service.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    FWIW I updated Preware before I updated to 1.4.1. Some feeds were missing from Preware after I rebooted, but came back fine once I ran Update Feeds.

Cheers, Steve
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Does anyone know the feed for more themes? The only one I can find is for PreCentral and it only has 88 themes. Can some one give me other feed addresses other than webos feeds.
    the only place I know where to get themes from I s preware,,u must down load preware,or on yr pc webos quick install.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I have preware installed through quick install. It only gives me 88 themes. before I have over 300 themes. I need the html feed for more themes.
    top left drop down,,go to manage feeds,make sure themes feed is on then hit update feeds.