Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    This is AWESOME! Mobile Hotspot on my Sprint Pre works great. This forum is fantastic!

There is a 5GB cap on usage. I've been told Sprint can't tell if you're tethering or not (hopefully this is true). I don't think it will be a problem as long as you don't go over 5GB often.
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX
    Palm Pre(v.1.4.1.1) - Sprint - Standard Battery - Touchstone -Motorola HT 820 - Motorokr S9-HD - Jabra BT8040 - Jabra BT530 - Jawbone Icon - Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Speakerphone
    I HAVEING SAMEproblem with mfreetether not showing up
    How does this work with AUPT. For the next WebOS update (inevitable), will I need to manually remove the patch (and app)?
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Just installed the new quick method in Post1 and it works great on my Sprint 1.4.1.1 Pre

Thank you
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    For those receiving errors, I was also getting errors at first but did a restart (not a luna restart) and tried installing both IPKs together through WebOSQI and it worked fine after that.
    My Digital Life Blog

iPhone iCons Theme

iPhone iCons (no dock) Theme
    http://www.prethemer.com/iPhone_iCon...theme4084.html
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I had this working before and now MHS says that the mobile hotspot service is not running. Anyone else not able to turn it on?

update: I re-installed MHS 1.0.3 and then updated it. Seems to be working now, don't know what happened
    Last edited by edd247; 04/06/2010 at 03:34 PM.
    OK...i got it to finally work but on the MHS security option i have to select 'open' for it to work. When I set it to where you have to put in password it doesn't work. Is this right? With the 'open' option it warns me that its possible for other people to view my data?
    I get mine to work but the data connection disconnects so my psp and my ds doesn't stay connected.... Only my moms xp laptop works.... And I want this to play psp and ds on the go
    You guys ROCK! Thank you!!

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
  10.    #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by datmescandude View Post
    OK...i got it to finally work but on the MHS security option i have to select 'open' for it to work. When I set it to where you have to put in password it doesn't work. Is this right? With the 'open' option it warns me that its possible for other people to view my data?
    I really doubt anyone could view your data with it set to 'open'. They could, technically, connect to your Pre as an access point, just like you can, but you get a notification on your Pre when someone connects anyway, and you can always see which devices are connected.

I believe you can also disconnect a certain device if you don't want them connected. If not, you could always just turn the mobile hotspot off then back on
    Follow me on Twitter

GTalk: thomascoe1

Black Sanyo Katana --> Blue Sanyo Katana --> Sanyo VI-2300 --> Blue LG Rumor --> Blue LG Rumor --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pixi --> Samsung Nexus S 4G
  11.    #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by ISU_phoria View Post
    How does this work with AUPT. For the next WebOS update (inevitable), will I need to manually remove the patch (and app)?
    That depends. If you installed Jason's patch separately from the app, I believe when you do a WebOS update it will remove the patch. If you installed the prepatched IPK from my updated original post in this thread, the patch should stay even after an update, and you shouldn't have to worry about it.

However, there are no guarantees on if this will work with future WebOS Versions. Just as 1.4 broke Mobile Hotspot 1.0.3, the next version of WebOS could break this app.
    Follow me on Twitter

Black Sanyo Katana --> Blue Sanyo Katana --> Sanyo VI-2300 --> Blue LG Rumor --> Blue LG Rumor --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pixi --> Samsung Nexus S 4G
  12.    #152  
    Just to be clear, I'm almost positive Sprint has no way of telling if you're using your phone for tethering.

Technically, your phone plan for your Pre on Sprint includes UNLIMITED data, however, Sprint has the right to terminate your account if you go over 5 GB for three months or more in a row.

So although you technically have unlimited data, just be careful on exceeding that 5 GB level too often, Sprint may or may not terminate your account if you do exceed 5 GB three months in a row.
    Follow me on Twitter

13.    #153  
    In regards to iPad speeds, I believe that is just a problem with the iPad. I'm not sure why the speeds won't go very high on it, but the speeds work fine on most computers. Maybe try setting up OpenDNS on the iPad? Just go in to the Wifi settings thing and for DNS servers put in 208.67.222.222 for the Primary DNS and 208.67.220.220 for the Secondary DNS. Hopefully that will help.

And about the DS and PSP not connecting, do they both always auto-disconnect from a Wifi network if there is no internet access? If so, I'm not sure there is a way to fix that... Unless there's some setting in the devices to get it to stay connected to a wifi network even if there's no internet access
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by oldrtyfrog View Post
    Mine was working fine until yesterday (I have all the latest patches and updates). Now when I attempt to turn on Mobile Hotspot, I receive this:

No Sharing Service
    Sharing an internet connection requires an addition to your mobile service plan. Contact your carrier for help.
    I am having this problem as well. I don't use Bluetooth.
  15.    #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnyman View Post
    I am having this problem as well. I don't use Bluetooth.
    Did you try simply restarting your phone? Sometimes just a restart will fix problems like this
    Follow me on Twitter

restarting now. But I think I've tried it already. /me crosses fingers
    didn't help
    This has really worked great for me the last two days. I was at the airport and it was awesome not to be charged a fee to use wifi!
    that was easy...works perfect.
    WORKS! FINALLY SOMETHING THAT WORKS! lol MUCH THANKS!

Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast