Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    ^turn off BT.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    ^turn off BT.

I made sure it's off. I never use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    I cannot for the love of god install freetetherD.
    It installs on WOSQI, but it doesn't show up as an application for my Palm Pre. Only Mobile Hotspot shows up.

If freetether is a service, than why doesn't MHS work for me?
    It's enabled and my computer becomes connected... but no internet.
    Same here. Can any one help? Connects just like it's gonna do it, but no substance as in actual internet going thru. I'm gonna try unthrottled, see if that helps. I've got vista laptop too, not windows 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by asapelectric View Post
    Same here. Can any one help? Connects just like it's gonna do it, but no substance as in actual internet going thru. I'm gonna try unthrottled, see if that helps. I've got vista laptop too, not windows 7.
    Did you install the patch to Mobile Hotspot? Did you install that before or after updating Mobile Hotspot?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Did you install the patch to Mobile Hotspot? Did you install that before or after updating Mobile Hotspot?
    I installed last night on the links that are given at first post. But it seems there was only one IPK given, just figured that was it. I wasn't aware of an update.
    Quote Originally Posted by asapelectric View Post
    I installed last night on the links that are given at first post. But it seems there was only one IPK given, just figured that was it. I wasn't aware of an update.
    Ah, sorry, it's a prepatched version now. Hmm, no idea then.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Real jonezen View Post
    Thanks I used your file along with the "us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7.ipk" and it works great on sprint. Sprint also disabled the mobilehotspot update from appcatalog for US users.

WOW!!!! Thanks a lot for that link ..i jus installed it and everything is working perfectly like on web os 1.3.5 but i am currently operating on web os 1.4.1. i am extremely happy especially considering the fact that i dont hav internet service of my own.. lol i now hav a strong internet connection that i am paying for along with my regular bill rather than pay for internet through some other provider on top of paying my sprint bill.. thanks alot!!!!!
    WOW...i am so amazed that this worked on my first try. The list of "why i love my Pre"
    just got longer.
    damn so okay if MHS makes the data connection disappears for a few seconds (for me about a minute) and my nintendo DS and my PSP disconnects because of that it renders MHS useless for me huh?

plz say there's a way around this
    i got it to work using the files in the first post however it is extremely slow and intermittent with the connection. any solutions?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I get very slow speeds with my iPad connected to the pre. I can do a speed test on the pre (with the iPad connected) and I get 1.5m down. On the iPad I get 160kbs. When I connect the iPad to my home router I get very fast speed.
    I guess the fruit company doesn't want their maxipad to work with the Pre - probably put in code to check for router ID or something, then slows it down to discourage use of Pre MHS.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Hi precentral community

Just spent part of the afternoon on the forums trying to connect the pre as a hotspot

After a few tries
    (turning off firewall)
    (entering dev mode)

I was able to successfully turn my pre into a router.

thank you all for the informative easy to follow posts

Muah!
    I just bought a netbook and decided to try tethering for the first time ever. In minutes I had MHS up and running, and I'm getting around 0.75 Mb/s download speeds. Thanks you so much -- if you were here I'd buy you a beer!
  15.    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by Samizdat2003 View Post
    I just bought a netbook and decided to try tethering for the first time ever. In minutes I had MHS up and running, and I'm getting around 0.75 Mb/s download speeds. Thanks you so much -- if you were here I'd buy you a beer!
    Hahaha, thanks, although I'm not sure I would be able to accept that anyway, as I'm only 15
    Follow me on Twitter

GTalk: thomascoe1

Black Sanyo Katana --> Blue Sanyo Katana --> Sanyo VI-2300 --> Blue LG Rumor --> Blue LG Rumor --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pixi --> Samsung Nexus S 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by sammy123 View Post
    I get very slow speeds with my iPad connected to the pre. I can do a speed test on the pre (with the iPad connected) and I get 1.5m down. On the iPad I get 160kbs. When I connect the iPad to my home router I get very fast speed.
    same here not sure whats up lol

all i know is if the sprint overdrive is that slow on ipad i cant get that either then. thats the only reason i want overdrive or mobile hotspot
    I have downloaded Verizon's MHS for my Sprint Palm Pre several times during the phases of the patch working / not working with different WEBOS. After the latest upgrade to 1.4.1, I tried to make MHS work, but it is not connecting to the internet. My computer can connect to my phone, but no internet. Besides Doctoring the phone, is there a way to remove root driven files that relate to MHS after removing using the WEBOSQI? If so, anybody have any clue what files / directories relate to MHS?

Thanks in advance.
    is there a cap on the mobile hotspot for sprint users? If I go over a certain amount of data will there be extra charges?
    Will there be any issues with Sprint?

I know that Sprint does not condone this, but will there be any way for them to know that I am using this feature?
    Quote Originally Posted by franky_402 View Post
    i get an error when installing freetetherd
    I got that same error when i tried installing it last night. No problem loading MHS, but I kept getting that same error for freethether!! and I've also noticed nobody has answered your question..and now my question HELP!!
Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast