Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by louie2701 View Post
    I have My Tether and it works fine in USB and wi-fi modes. Is there any advantage for me to remove MY Tether and install MHS? If so, should I remove MY Tether or can I install both on my phone?
    There really is no advantage of MHS over MyTether, I don't think. If you've already paid for MyTether, I would just keep that.
    Follow me on Twitter

GTalk: thomascoe1

Black Sanyo Katana --> Blue Sanyo Katana --> Sanyo VI-2300 --> Blue LG Rumor --> Blue LG Rumor --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pixi --> Samsung Nexus S 4G
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by cedriclphillips View Post
    Hey,

When I try to turn it on it doesn't respond. What do I do/What did I do wrong?
    Please post some more information, will it not switch to on, does it switch to on but you can't find the hostpot, etc
    Follow me on Twitter

Black Sanyo Katana --> Blue Sanyo Katana --> Sanyo VI-2300 --> Blue LG Rumor --> Blue LG Rumor --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pixi --> Samsung Nexus S 4G
  3.    #83  
    I updated my post with simpler instructions using estockda's patched IPK. Please let me know in a PM if the new instructions don't work
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by estockda View Post
    Here's an IPK of the newest version of Mobile HotSpot pre-patched with Jason's Auto-Enable IP Forwarding:
    Thanks I used your file along with the "us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7.ipk" and it works great on sprint. Sprint also disabled the mobilehotspot update from appcatalog for US users.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/30/2010 at 11:23 AM.
    Worked great for me. US/Sprint.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nullr View Post
    Sprint already blocked the update with a "not available in your country" error so many thanks to you.

I'm in California and on Sprint. Mine was just fine. Just installed it. Weird though.
    I just wanted to say thanks, I pushed the button, you method worked great, now my pops and I both got MHS. I really didnt need it , but I'd rather have and not need it than need it and not have it.
    The speeds seem to suck but it works. Also I have the device temp warning pat h and it tells me it's heating up after a while. Anyone know how to speed it up at all? I have full bars and the pre is fast but the mobile hot spot speeds suck
    Last edited by jsimon9633; 04/03/2010 at 09:43 PM.
    I installed this and it worked perfectly (sprint launch day pre). Had to do some tweaking......Meaning i had to uninstall and reinstall (probably operator error). Works on my laptops, home computer, and my friends Iphone. He almost fell out. Take that APPLE. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsimon9633 View Post
    The speeds seem to suck but it works. Also I have the device temp warning pat h and it tells me it's heating up after a while. Anyone know how to speed it up at all? I have full bars and the pre is fast but the mobile hot spot speeds suck
    I have the "unthrottle download manager" patch in preware and it seems fast to me. I don't know if it really helps but it seems pretty fast to me.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by byosphere View Post
    I have the "unthrottle download manager" patch in preware and it seems fast to me. I don't know if it really helps but it seems pretty fast to me.
    I thought the 1.4 update unthrottled the download manager. But I guess they didn't if there's still a working patch. Will DL now.
    when ever a device connects to mhs my pre losses data connection (ev icon disappears)
    so with my pc i can wait and itll eventually come back but when i try to connect my nintendo ds it looses data and the ds disconnects automatically.... what can i do to fix this? i mean i cant carry a pc around just so it can connect eventually just so i can play wifi ds on the go..... so any hints or ideas?

update:
    actually it seems like the data connection comes and goes as it pleases when something is connected to mhs but it instantly goes away when a device connects.....
    Last edited by VenpaCasa; 04/03/2010 at 11:28 PM.
    installed mhs/freetether when it was first "available"...kept them on with 1.4 break...glad i kept them on cuz they now work again! i was never going to pay for mytether cuz it seemed so sketch with all the things going on with that...i do have the autoenable patch but i still turn the forwarding on in freetether just to be sure...i also like how freetether lets me usb tether as well

here's hoping this stays working!

and thanks to all who conributed to all the threads on MHS
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    This is freaking awesome? I freaking love my pre!!!
    +1
    Thank you! Follow the instructions and it works great.
    freaking awesome. the last time i could use my phone as an internet source was with my sprint mm9000 phone. this is great. thank you.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Works with Bell Mobility although I did get an error message saying that my plan does not support tethering. I hit OK and proceeded anyways. Not sure what is going to show up on my next Bell bill though.
    Unbelieveble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW and its all free? Can sprint find out and start charging?
    Works fantastically. THANKS to all involved.

P.S. Don't forget to vote PRE!!!!
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast