Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637
    Installed and works fine . thanks for this ! You think WBOS 2.0 will break it?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    i used it today and it worked perfect. the only thing i noticed is that for some reason i didn't get any calls or text while tethered. is that normal? someone said they called me but my phone didn't even ring nor did it show up in missed calls. then i got texts from people saying hello? bc i had somehow gotten several texts w/out notifications.
    having some trouble. i downloaded both mentioned files and am able to run mobile hotspot and connect to my laptop. however, i do not get internet access. this has happened to me before and figured out a way to fix it, but since then i doctor'd my phone and the same fix does not work (change the data mode to evdo only). anyone else know what i can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609 View Post
    Works great.. Thanks..
    can anybody sent me the link so I can get mobil hot spot on my phone too I just got the pre & I would really like to have it as I did have it on my HTC touch pro2 thanks in advance
    trial and error have proved worthy for me, i am connected now, but only have local internet access. tried all sorts of things from open security to wpa/wapa2 persoanl but both only give me local access. any other thoughts ideas on what i can try?
    Last edited by ern13; 11/24/2010 at 12:26 PM. Reason: .
    I use to have this working and tired re-installing it again and that installation works fine, but for some reason the MHS doesn't allow me to toggle it from Off to On. Anyone seen this before and/or know what the problem is?
    This worked like a charm! Thanks!
    I installed Preware on my phone but cannot find the patch for Freetether. Can someone please point me in the right direction?
    yes....
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    I've been trying to install freetether on my Sprint Pre and haven't had much luck Here is the error I get when trying to install the ipk (via an email attachment):

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    40 40732 40 16383 0 0 16.5M 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 16.5M
    100 40732 100 40732 0 0 3630k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 2377k
    identify
    us.ryanhope.freetether
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/luna-send -n 6 luna://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify '{"subscribe":true, "target": "/media/internal/.developer/us.ryanhope.freetether_0.0.1_all.ipk", "uncompressedSize": 0}' 2>&1
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":6, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!
    Twitter: @dvdmon

I just installed on Sprint Pre (MyTether stopped working for me). Got the "no sharing" message. Turned off bluetooth, all seems well. Thanks!
    Would this app work with WebOS 1.4.5? Or is this no longer possible. I don't want to tether for long periods of time, I just want to be able to use the Hotspot app, or something like it, to connect the Wifi of my Palm Pre to my iPod Touch from time-to-time. So I can download updates more easily.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

OK, I have Sprint, and have received an update notification, but can't update via the App Catalog. Anyone know how to update?
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    OK, I have Sprint, and have received an update notification, but can't update via the App Catalog. Anyone know how to update?
    If you're not against ditching MHS, you should check out freeTether instead. Much better overall.

Official Thread | Wiki

The wiki has details on installation and usage along with links to their bug/features list and links to the thread too.

Good Luck!

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    Update what, The Hotspot app? I wouldn't advise updating the Hotspot app. If it works as-is, then just ignore the update notifications.

Were you able to get the Hotspot app working with the lastest verson of WebOS?

I need to get my pre fixed again. can someone send me the links that I need to get my pre set up properly?

thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by pokergooch View Post
    I need to get my pre fixed again. can someone send me the links that I need to get my pre set up properly?

thanks in advance
    Just use freeTether. It's better than MHS.
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Just use freeTether. It's better than MHS.
    Does FreeTether also turn the Pre into a mobile hotspot?

That is exactly what it is. Plus it allows you to tether your pre/pre+ to your computer or other device via bluetooth, usb or wifi.

check out the wiki link in the op of the freetether thread.
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637