Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253031323334353637 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Here is the confirm in case you were still worried:
    [url= Plans Target 3G Data Roaming | Wireless Week[/url]
    thanks for the link
    If you have a recent build of Preware already installed (1.2.0 +) on your phone; then I would recommend:
    (a) uninstall MHS
    (b) using the URL installation feature in preware; type the URLs found on page 1 of this thread and install each package again.
    (c) reboot the phone (not just luna, complete reboot)

After that, if it does not work, there may be something more serious going on.
    Have read most of this whole thread and now finally got to this point. Never tried installing this before the update, and has given me trouble since I started. I ran the EPR, did full phone erase, and doctored it. Because I was having problems with another patch.

Anyway, waiting on the reboot to finish to see.
    OK, failed

Bluetooth was turned off before the restart (power down/power up)

PC sees my Pre, connects to it,
    Pre sees it, and connect,
    I am watching the signal bars on my PC's NIC got on/off and the NIC status shows nothing coming in and a couple hundred trying to push out.

To get it to work, does it have to be connected via USB?

what else am i doing to F it up?
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSilvia View Post
    OK, failed

Bluetooth was turned off before the restart (power down/power up)

PC sees my Pre, connects to it,
    Pre sees it, and connect,
    I am watching the signal bars on my PC's NIC got on/off and the NIC status shows nothing coming in and a couple hundred trying to push out.

To get it to work, does it have to be connected via USB?

what else am i doing to F it up?
    I am not sure at this point. You certainly do not have to be connected via USB to use the MHS with your wireless computer/laptop.

So you turned MHS "on" your Pre; (I am assuming you set a password)
    then searched for the wireless network from your PC;
    Your PC finds the Pre network; you enter your Pre passphrase; the PC "connects"; MHS shows the "connection" as well;
    Opening "google.com" on your PC does not load the webpage?
    I am not sure at this point. You certainly do not have to be connected via USB to use the MHS with your wireless computer/laptop.

So you turned MHS "on" your Pre; (I am assuming you set a password)
    then searched for the wireless network from your PC;
    Your PC finds the Pre network; you enter your Pre passphrase; the PC "connects"; MHS shows the "connection" as well;
    Opening "google.com" on your PC does not load the webpage?
    correct and I can watch the bars on the PC go "full" for a second to "none" for a second; repeatedly. Network connection status shows 0 packets received as well. Can't even ping out.
    @SirSilvia
    I have tested it on a MAC, an iPAD and a Dell Laptop using the method I had described earlier. The only other possibility is the actual strength of your data connection.
    Don't know how to advise you any further at this point. Sorry.
    @SirSilvia
    I have tested it on a MAC, an iPAD and a Dell Laptop using the method I had described earlier. The only other possibility is the actual strength of your data connection.
    Don't know how to advise you any further at this point. Sorry.
    That's just it IDFK what the problem is, the fact that it's not working made me think I was freaking second-guessing the instructions. And at least Did all three steps from the first post a couple times then tried via Preware
    I don't get try to use the phone when the MHS app is running. I live Downtown and have full 3G signal normally.

You think, (while MHS is running and/or connected) turning the data off and on again would help?
    Last edited by SirSilvia; 08/19/2010 at 09:37 PM.
    That was Extremely easy. Running a Sprint Pre and all I did was install the two ipk links on page 1 with WebOS quick install. and then restarted the phone.

Then I connected my laptop to the webos network and it worked perfect.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    As soon as I finished the download I connected my laptop to the hotspot. My laptop detected the mobile hotspot immediately and I was connected. I can say I downloaded the same thing on my sisters Pre and she got the message that she needed to call her mobile provider to upgrade to a data plan that would support the hotspot but it works great on my phone
    Kaneadsha
    Quote Originally Posted by kulrevon View Post
    That was Extremely easy. Running a Sprint Pre and all I did was install the two ipk links on page 1 with WebOS quick install. and then restarted the phone.

Then I connected my laptop to the webos network and it worked perfect.
    I did that exactly and still working.
    Tried it again just now.

AWESOME it works

Did 3 tests and I average about:
    1.10 Mbps Download
    0.23 Mbps Upload
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    i received a letter from palm. they said to pull this app. please do so as soon as possible.

"Hi Jeff --

The mobile hotspot app is Palm software and only authorized for distribution by Verizon. Distributing it for other carriers isn’t allowed and violates the user’s agreemnt with those carriers as well. As we get notified of copies of it floating around, our security team sends out notes asking people to stop doing so, because it’s against our agreements to distribute it without permission.

As to why Sprint hasn’t taken steps to prevent it from working on Sprint, I don’t know. That’s their network and we don’t operate it.

Please do take it down, it’s not supposed to be available.

Chuq"

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomascoe View Post
    Can someone tell me why I can't install this ipk? I can install the hotspot ipk, but when i get to this installation, i get an error message which says:

"clearing state _want and state_flag for pkg=us.ryanhope.freetherd(arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)
    an error occurred, return value: 4.
    collected errors:
    cannot find package us.ryanhope.freetherd.
    check spelling or perhaps run ipkg update."

I'm assuming this is the reason I can't run this tether? How can i get it to install correctly? somebody please help this noob??? thanks!!!
    ***While we are going to permit discussion on the topic of Palm Mobile Hotspot on other carriers, under no circumstances may you post links to a copy of this software or links to websites that host copies of this software. The Mobile Hotspot app is Palm software and only authorized for distribution by Verizon. Distributing it for other carriers isn’t allowed and violates the user’s agreement with those carriers.***

Thank you for your co-operation.
    -Your Moderators
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/30/2010 at 01:09 PM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I just started getting this error when I connect:

Auth Error Your service account does not allow Internet connection sharing. Contact Sprint for help.

Anyone know how to bypass this? Thanks

edit: Never mind, I just saw the post about turning off bluetooth. That seems to have done the trick
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Sounds like the bluetooth issue. Make sure it is off
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Had the same issue with Uberkernal, I installed palm kernal-rebooted, then uberkernal installed with no issues.
    Well, my experience with this is kind of weird in that I can connect to my mobile hotspot just fine with my Android OS-based tablet (a hacked Pandigital Novel - affectionately known as a PDN at slatedroid.com), but not with either of my Windows XP-based laptops.

I was using MyTether previously - which used to work great at first but quit working reliably for me a while back when the author switched things around to not mess with the phone's camera. I found a pointer to this forum when I checked back on the MyTether forums recently to see if there was any new news there.

Anyway, I downloaded and installed the 2 ipks just fine with WebOS Quick Install and rebooted my phone for good measure, brought up the app, and was immediately able to connect with the PDN, but I never get an IP from Mobile Hotspot on my Windows machines - although the Mobile Hotspot app sometimes showed the laptops' MAC addresses as connected devices.

Anyone else having issues even remotely similar to these? I can't see why Windows would have issues getting connected when another device does not. Any help is appreciated.
    I am kinda having the same problem. It workedon an iPad and a droid and on XPlaptop. Did not work with my XP desktop nor a windows 7 laptop I tested.

the two computers that can't connect, SEE the mobile hotspot, attempt to connect. But go "connect/disconnect/connect/disconnect/connect/disconnect/" over and over. My phone sees it connecting and disappearing as well. This is also whether I use encryption or not (but works better without encryption)
    Yeah, kind of interesting. I applied the 1.4.5 OTA update yesterday before I installed this app, so don't know if that new version is to blame or if this kind of behavior existed previously. I have to believe Sprint is attempting to throttle down this sort of activity somehow...

Also, just as a FWIW, my speeds are not overwhelming - but then the device I am able to use a speed test on while using the Mobile Hotspot is not blazing fast. When I have it connected to my normal home network, it runs around 3,346 Kbps, where on the Mobile Hotspot app it only achieves around 425Kbps best case using the same test site (testmy.net). Granted, my home network is a 20+ Mbps link to my N+ router, but it seems like using mobile hotspot makes browsing a fairly painful experence.

For comparison, my laptop on my home network running this test gets 12,200 Kbps, so the combo of wireless throughput deficiencies and/or processor power underwhelmingness on the Android PDN make it only about 25% as fast for browsing, etc. on a really fast home network.

Also for comparison, using the Pre's browser on the same site and testing with its own data connection, I get comparable or slightly lower results when compared to my Android PDN's results connected through mobile hotspot. But, when I turn on wireless on the Pre, connect to my home network, and use the browser on the test I get 4,550 Kbps, which is better than I expected.

Not extremely consistent results overall, but they are what they are.