Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637 LastLast
  1.    #661  
    Mobile Hotspot is still working fine on my device after the 1.4.5 update. And it seems others have had success installing it after the update. I think it's safe to say it works fine with webOS 1.4.5 as well as 1.4.1.1.
    Follow me on Twitter

GTalk: thomascoe1

Black Sanyo Katana --> Blue Sanyo Katana --> Sanyo VI-2300 --> Blue LG Rumor --> Blue LG Rumor --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pixi --> Samsung Nexus S 4G
    my mobile hotspot does not work after 1.4.5 update..when I go to turn it on the switch never moves..is there anything I can do through my pre??Lol I don't have internet access on computer without mobilehotspot
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    my mobile hotspot does not work after 1.4.5 update..when I go to turn it on the switch never moves..is there anything I can do through my pre??Lol I don't have internet access on computer without mobilehotspot
    If you have a recent build of Preware already installed (1.2.0 +) on your phone; then I would recommend:
    (a) uninstall MHS
    (b) using the URL installation feature in preware; type the URLs found on page 1 of this thread and install each package again.
    (c) reboot the phone (not just luna, complete reboot)

After that, if it does not work, there may be something more serious going on.
    I just installed this and am posting this from tethering off it, working great. Uninstall and reinstall probably needed.
    No that's wrong.
    On the first page; the actual URL can be seen at the bottom of your webbrowser when you place your mouse over the link.

The URLs begin with thomascoe.000a.biz

The items you listed are the actual file names
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    No that's wrong.
    On the first page; the actual URL can be seen at the bottom of your webbrowser when you place your mouse over the link.

The URLs begin with thomascoe.000a.biz

The items you listed are the actual file names
    Thank you so much. Got it installed!
    its working ok on mine, though my AIM/MSN chat windows keep dropping and reconnecting....annoying
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    The tether won't install on my phone. An error message comes up. Any suggestions?
    Ahh! Finally got this thing working for the 1st time. I gave up on MHS 2 weeks ago after trying relentlessly to get it to work. Finally, it's working! Thanks ThomasCoe!
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.
    i am getting this error when installing through woqi: clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg= us.ryanhope.fretethered (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want =2) error ocurred return value=4 collected errors: cannot find pkg us.ryanhope.freetethered ck
    heck spelling or update ipkg
    I got the same error. I haven't gotten a reply about it yet.
    Try setting your pass phrase. I did that and it started working.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred3185 View Post
    Try setting your pass phrase. I did that and it started working.
    i tried that as well and i get my ipod to connect to my pre, but never get an internet connection to my ipod.
    I searched and couldn't seem to find any info on what would happen if sprint finds out you are internet sharing and does it cost more on your bill?
    They currently (can't do anything | won't do anything | don't care) about our usage of MHS. Enjoy!
    oh really wow awesome thanks :-)
    I lost the auto-IP forwarding patch when I ran EPR after the last webOS upgrade, but I have found that if I launch Freetether and turn IP forwarding on prior to starting MHS it still works fine.

Is it OK to leave IP forwarding enabled all the time, or should it be turned off when not tethering?

Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
    oh really wow awesome thanks :-)
    The only cap is on the mobile broadband; not 3G/4G network data usage.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    The only cap is on the mobile broadband; not 3G/4G network data usage.
    that's good to know cause I don't want to see an outragous bill or something the next month
    Here is the confirm in case you were still worried:
    Sprint Plans Target 3G Data Roaming | Wireless Week